13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
DC Universe Online EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
DC Universe Online EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
DC Universe Online EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
DC Universe Online EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
DC Universe Online EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
DC Universe Online EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
DC Universe Online EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
DC Universe Online EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
DC Universe Online EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

DC Universe Online

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Hey guys,

DC Universe is an amazing game, it is an MMORPG that... well here is a summary since I am lazy to explain in my own words:
DC Universe Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) set in the DC Universe. Sony Online Entertainment's stated goal is to make a different kind of MMORPG, with The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction cited as one of the main inspirations for gameplay. SOE is working to make DC Universe Online more interactive than standard MMORPGs, while trying to keep their key elements, which include a leveling system, raid instances, endgame progression and inventories. The world is mainly shared, public space instead of heroes or villains owning territory. The public space features dynamically-generated content designed for both hero and villain player characters (uniquely created by the player, who cannot choose DCU stalwarts).[9]

Players will choose a mentor for their character (Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman for heroes and Lex Luthor, Joker, or Circe for villains). Their starting location, principal quest rewards and mob loot will be influenced by that decision. The starting zones are either Metropolis or Gotham City, for both heroes and villains. Heroes can also go to the Justice League Watchtower, while villains can enter the Secret Society of Super Villains headquarters at the Hall of Doom. Other safe-houses in the Gotham and Metropolis zones can be reached by teleporters from the two faction headquarters or from the two cities. For the heroes, it's various police stations. For the villains, it's various nightclubs owned by the villains.

Each character is given a communicator appropriate to their faction, via which they receive urgent communications from their mentor and his/her colleagues and subordinates; heroes will frequently receive status updates from Oracle, while villains will receive data from Calculator. In addition to assignments from their mentor, player characters may also receive requests for help from other mentors of the same faction. Player characters may also accept missions from non-player characters (NPCs) in the street, usually minor characters from their faction. There are also opportunities for quick street encounters appropriate to the character's faction: for example, a hero character may encounter a thug robbing an armored truck, trying to break into an office building, or in the process of mugging a citizen; while a villain character may be presented with opportunities to assist NPC thugs with an armored truck robbery, or assault a citizen using an ATM. All NPC interactions are fully animated and voice-acted. Player characters will earn threat ratings that will cause NPC heroes and villains to interact accordingly with the character.

The shared worldspace offers primarily solo and team player versus environment (PvE) gaming opportunities in the form of open air missions and instances, although player versus player (PvP) combat is also possible in this worldspace. Other PvP (and to a smaller extent, PvE) gaming is available in various types of queued instanced encounters: "Legends", small scale PvP combats in which players take on the identities of iconic characters (continued success in Legends combat unlocks additional iconic characters); "Arena", small scale PvP combat in which players fight as their own characters; "Alerts", cooperative team missions; and "Raids", large scale PvP combat between teams of opposing factions. Success in PvE missions is rewarded with in-game money, costume pieces, equipment and consumables, while PVP combat is rewarded with unlocks of special equipment sets.

Some things I can tell you about it is:

1) Its only downloadable for PC and PS3
2) Its free
3) You get to choose to be a hero or villan
4)It takes a lot of space 18GB for PS3 and 30 for PC

I know its huge but I believe it is worth it, the specs can be met easily and over all its a fun game. Also its easier to work as a team in that game and sadly I have been working solo and the villains I fight are a pain in the ***. SO who thinks of getting the game?
Back to top Go down
eDuArDoX94
Sergeant
Sergeant
eDuArDoX94

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Its a cool game but if you wanna enjoy it at full, you have to pay Sad

Nice strategy Play4free games but im not gonna fall in that trap again :/
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:43 am

Its awesome. I am even gonna pay to get the DLC.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:30 am

Takes too long to download so I can't be bothered c
xD

Skyrim and Bf gets my time xD
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:42 am

Well why don't you keep your PS3 on downloading it when your not using your PS3, that's what I did.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:46 am

That takes too much effort xD
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:13 am

Cmon total when your not gonna play PS3 just open it and download. Worked for me when I was studying.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:15 am

But I have to quit my games and open up DC Mad
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:17 am

Ya =). Dude just stop DC universe when you wanna play and when your done playing open DC universe again and download it. Trust me the game is worth it.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:29 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:55 am

a little birdy told me mekline gave up at the game download xD wouldn't blame him (6.8 GB Lego star wars took about 1 1/2 days to download no interruptions)
Back to top Go down
https://13thmeu.forumotion.com/forum
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:39 am

I know Mekline gave up, he only lasted a few hours than gave up. It took me 1 day to download it.
Back to top Go down
quatic
Corporal
Corporal
quatic

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Sad it kept on crashing alot
Back to top Go down
eDuArDoX94
Sergeant
Sergeant
eDuArDoX94

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:30 pm

come on guys if i have download it with this crappy connection, of course you can do it (it took me like 2 days) Very Happy

DC Universe Online 1686055451 -_-*

by the way, who are playing this game and what faction you belong?
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:47 am

eDuArDoX94 wrote:
come on guys if i have download it with this crappy connection, of course you can do it (it took me like 2 days) Very Happy

I play it and i have a villan who is crappy that is level 9 and i have a hero level 11 who is my main, my mentor is batman but currently doing mission for Wonder Woman. What about you?
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:51 pm

eDuArDoX94 wrote:

My internet speed is a tenth of that (150kb/s).
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:08 am

Why is your internet so slow?
Back to top Go down
Sid_323
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sid_323

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:35 am

Hey is DC Universe 18 GB and how long would it take for 180 Kbps or something around that number? Is it also worth downloading?
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:34 pm

It is 18GB it is a very amazing game its super worth it and it will only take you a day to fully download it. Keep your PS3 on downloading it during exam study week or exam week.
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:05 pm

Hey who ever play DC universe online EU PS3 PVP server I am starting a League their, no sites or anything just an in game league to help each other do missions and PVP events. I just got legendary membership so I am creating more characters with the new attributes I got from the membership.

Add my main though if you any of yall want its mega max546
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Star Trek Online is too awesome to play DC Razz

Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Star Trek Online sucks SO MUCH, DC Universe is an amazing game.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Nah I'm sure if you ask LordShogun He would also agree on how amazing Star trek online is Very Happy

If you look at reviews they both have royghly same ratings...Star Trek is also quicker to download :DDD
Back to top Go down
mekline
Mek's Rank
Mek's Rank
mekline

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:51 pm

how about there both S***
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 pm

I agree with total. Star Trek Online is an amazing game. However, I still am not a fan of the series, only the movie.

However, I downloaded DC Universe Online, and thanks to my 20 MBps download rate, it downloaded in 6 minutes. I also have a large hard-drive space, which is 682 GB, so there was no problems to spare. However, I have yet made a Hero/Villain. However, for Star Trek Online add, not sure which, DeadlyChaos09, or Chaotic20.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DC Universe Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe Online   DC Universe Online Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Universe Online

View previous topic View next topic Back to top