13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
P4F proposed customization fix EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
P4F proposed customization fix EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
P4F proposed customization fix EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
P4F proposed customization fix EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
P4F proposed customization fix EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
P4F proposed customization fix EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
P4F proposed customization fix EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
P4F proposed customization fix EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
P4F proposed customization fix EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

P4F proposed customization fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadyCharacter
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
ShadyCharacter

P4F proposed customization fix Empty
PostSubject: P4F proposed customization fix   P4F proposed customization fix EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Hey yall here is a post I plan on making on the P4F forums as a way to fix the terrible customization in a way that everyone benefits. I want your thoughts and opinions and any other suggestions I could make in this post.

"Just about everyone can agree that most weapons were balanced before the dec 20 update. With the current state of the game EA will most likely wont be making anywhere near the money that they were because of popular opinions over recent changes. So what I am going to purpose as a solution to customization is this.

All weapons should be rolled back to previous state. Reason being the weapons handled just fine and people were happy with them and the game was still fun and fast paced. On top of this people paid real money for a specific weapon, taking them away and giving us used and abused handmedowns is a slap in the face to everybody.

Attachments should add slight benefits onto the weapons, and should be limited to one or two attachments. Most of the existing attachments can still be used after this fix but over all I believe that attachments should mainly modify weapon handling slightly. IE a buff to damage, ammo counts, range, reduced recoil, maybe even reload time. With weapons in their previous state and limiting attachments no weapons becomes too OP, the game keeps going, and players can improve their weapons in areas they choose.

As for renting weapons and attachments, I would love to see permanent rentals still cost credits, even at high cost. Rentals would continue much the same but attachments could be used on non permanent weapons (rent the MP7 for a day and a day of increased mags, good to go). Though if users want to rent an attachment permanently they must own the weapon permanently first. Going by this, rented weapons you can rent attachment, and permanent weapons you have the option to buy attachments permanently. Common sense really.

This may be too much to ask but keep rental costs reasonable (I know, I know, dream on, had to try though). Individual attachments should only cost about 15% (no more than 20%) of the base weapon costs. So a 500 credit weapon, an attachment would be 75 credits for a total of 575 for a day. This is not unreasonable. EA could still come out ahead by limiting attachment types but increasing attachments over all by having essentially normal, veteran, and elite versions of attachments that give better upgrades as you get better attachments with the associated cost of like 15, 20, 25%. Pick the attachment and grade that you need and can afford that can best enhance your gameplay.

By rolling back weapon stats and implementing customization as slight increases in weapon stats and handling we return to a game that we enjoy and EA can still make money while not losing the work they put into the customization system.

While we are discussing potential games changes I want to address two other areas that’s of great concern to many on game balance, Mortars and RPGs.

Mortar strike should work like how it was described when it was first introduced. By increasesing training points you add more shells per strike. Ideally a fully upgraded mortar strike would be just about as powerful as a currently boosted MS while still having a long reload time of 2 minutes. Upgrading MS should not reduce the reload time, just shell count. Boosting MS should only reduce the reload time slightly by like 30 seconds. This way MS is a useful too with or without a booster, it can still cause a lot of damage, but you have to wait for it, if you want to use it a little more often… theres a booster for that.

And for RPGs as many have said, the booster should only affect the impact damage and not the splash damage, on this I completely agree. This should be a simple fix, and would make everyone content (even me a diehard engineer).

So after reading this does anyone feel this is something that would benefit P4F, and a change that WE can live with."
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: P4F proposed customization fix   P4F proposed customization fix EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:43 pm

cheers
This is great!
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: P4F proposed customization fix   P4F proposed customization fix EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:07 pm

The pricing should stay the same, the customization shouldn't. I like being a non-paying player but having access to the once premium weapons. /support
Back to top Go down
VDEATHMASTERV
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
VDEATHMASTERV

PostSubject: Re: P4F proposed customization fix   P4F proposed customization fix EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:16 am

i agree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: P4F proposed customization fix   P4F proposed customization fix EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

This is actually perfect. After re-reading it, I can clearly see how this has it's Pros and Contras, yet, the Pros, without a doubt, weigh over the Cons.

I look at it this way:
3 Levels of Weapons:
Standard, Veteran, Elite
4 Levels of Attachements:
Basic, Veteran, Elite, Legacy [Exclusively for Paying Players]

You may rent one only accordingly to each level. So, if you purchase a Standard Weapon for 24 hours, you can rent only a Basic attachement for 24 hours. To say if it's a Veteran weapon, you can only rent a Veteran, and Basic attachement, and etc.

Not only is it beneficial to paying players, but also those that don't pay, yet, it's still fair and balanced for everyone. And of course, purchase it permanently and get any attachement of your choice. However, if you purchase the weapon permanently with Battlefunds, you have the option to buy Legacy attachements. Not only does it earn money for EAsy Studios, but it also gives paying players a chance to not miss out on Legacy. Such as me Razz
Back to top Go down
ShadyCharacter
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
ShadyCharacter

PostSubject: Re: P4F proposed customization fix   P4F proposed customization fix EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:39 pm

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=65407

I posted this idea on the P4F forums with a few minor modifications, any signs or comments for improvement posted there would help cause this is a change that I PRAY gets made cause at this rate P4F is a dying game.
Back to top Go down
Toryin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Toryin

PostSubject: Re: P4F proposed customization fix   P4F proposed customization fix EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Good Job Shady
I Agree 100 % Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P4F proposed customization fix   P4F proposed customization fix Empty

Back to top Go down

P4F proposed customization fix

View previous topic View next topic Back to top