13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Suggestions for next BF weapon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cmdr.Ghost
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Cmdr.Ghost

Suggestions for next BF weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Well I've managed to get me a hold of some more BFs, so now have the hard decision on what weapon to choose for what class Razz

Currently I have:
mp7 (veteran) for the engineer class
AEK (veteran) for my assault class
m60 (veteran) for the medic class
m95 and svd (veteran) for recon class

Honestly I want to work on my medic/recon class, but only have enough BFs for 1 permanent weapon. Any suggestions on what weapons I should get for what class? I've heard for medic the SAW is good, but what version of it? Also, I've tried the SVU for a couple of days a while back and it was pretty good (I'm more of an aggressive sniper).

Any suggestions are much appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
ShadyCharacter
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
ShadyCharacter

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:28 pm

holo saw is a good all around medic gun (better close to med), XM8AR is good aswell quick reload (better long range)

the VSS would probably be the best choice for an aggressive sniper. I have it and it kicks ***, get called a VSS noob but F*** em, I do more for my team than those useless campers. Its much better than the SVU, though without the increased ammo skill youll need to depend on assaults more.
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:53 pm

M240b is my personal fave from the medic, it's so powerful, recoil is fairly easy to control (less kick than the M60) and the fire rate is good. Oh, and it makes a hawt sound too Very Happy Watch some gameplay of it on youtube, the sound makes you fall in love with it. I bought it for 1 day with some of the free 200bf codes and have never found a gun better than that.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr.Ghost
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Cmdr.Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Hmm as far as VSS vs SVU, I was comparing the stats and it seems damage, accuracy, and range are better in the SVU than the VSS. The only thing that the VSS has over the SVU is rate of fire. Is that why you prefer VSS?

Medic: I can't distinguish between 240 holo saw, 240b, or xm8AR :O
From what I understand
AR has best range less damage
240 holo saw has best damage ,less range than AR
240b has more range than 240 holo, but less damage
Back to top Go down
ShadyCharacter
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
ShadyCharacter

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:08 pm

-the VSS has a 30 round clip so more killing potential (more total ammo),
-its recoil patter is straight up for easy predictable kills unlike the SVUs slanted pattern (just look at that recoil force image),
-faster reload,
-overall more damage per second (though I will take the more accurate gun over damage any day of the week)
-shots needed to kill are the same

http://alchemical.cc/bfp4f_tools/compare/result?&versions=build_1.21.228510.0;&weapons=Srifle_VSS_Default;Srifle_SVU_Default;

https://www.youtube.com/user/BadlyBurned#p/search/0/aMCGC4f_3ao VSS
https://www.youtube.com/user/BadlyBurned#p/search/0/zvZG23H0SoE SVU

I do get a sick pleasure at nailing the ranged headshot, but the VSS is much more versatile than the bolt actions, and it is fun to use. The VSS is the SVU on steroids
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:04 pm

The XM8AR and the M249 SAW with the EOTech Holographic Sight is the best for Medic. One thing Medics lack in combat is accuracy. I also recommend the M240B as it does have less of a kick than the SAW, however, the SAW has great damage per shot.
To say, if you like playing Battle Medic, the M240B or M249 SAW is great. If you like playing Combat Medic, which lays down suppresive fire than rush, the M249 SAW and XM8AR are perfect choices.

For Recon, the Enhanced Scope M95 should be your choice if you like playing as a Scout Sniper. Scout Sniper relates more to long-distance sniping. However, as you mentioned, you like playing Designated Marksman, a more agressive sniper. The perfect choice is SVU. To me, the VSS Vintorez has a bit of an uncontrolable recoil that makes it lack medium-range combat.
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ninja-Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:02 pm

Well for a medic you should either get a holosight m249 saw or an xm8ar but the xm8ar is too common now because of the sale and so you might want to get the saw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
ShadeyTex73
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
ShadeyTex73

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:21 pm

The MP7 is an all-rounder, tactical weapon. Boasts in accuracy as well as damage and rate of fire. If you know how to "kinda" use the sights of the M9 (Pistol) then you might know how to use the MP7.

The AEK-971 calls equal damage with rate of fire but the accuracy is down a bit, the sights are little complicated but it gives you enough space to keep the corners covered. I recommend M16A2 (My Fav) for every situation. Long and short. Also the sights are easy but closed in.

The M60 has major recoil but downed by accuracy and damage. Problem with this weapon is it's sights, you may have to adjust depending on range and size.

The M95 is best at long ranges and the bullet drop is... I guess even. The rate of fire (Each fired bullet) is longer that of the M24, GOL, and the SV-98. And the damage is damn good.

The SVD has high recoil but if you time your shots you may even get a kill for 2 headshots. There's not much bullet drop but it doesn't mean you should aim for the head at a range.

IMO I suggest the BF only weapons cause you can buy other weapons for Creds except Elites which costs 3000c
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Ive had my normal saw since beta never fails to impress
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for next BF weapon?   Suggestions for next BF weapon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for next BF weapon?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top