13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Play4Free is turning greedy EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Play4Free is turning greedy EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Play4Free is turning greedy EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Play4Free is turning greedy EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Play4Free is turning greedy EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Play4Free is turning greedy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Play4Free is turning greedy Empty
PostSubject: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Recently, I been playing Battlefield Play4Free quite often, and haven't noticed until now all the boosters avaliable to buff the damage of explosives. Now, today I played some Assault on Sharqi and the entire half of the team was using RPGs. To me, as a F2P player, I think Battlefield Play4Free is turning greedy. Not only is it titled "Play4Free" but it's also in the Beta development!

I feel like in the upcoming months, I might not be able to play the game as it's becoming unfair to F2P players who can't purchase Battlefunds as a result of them being too young or not having the amount to pay it, such as myself.

So, just wanted you're guys opinion to see if you agree with me, or you think the game is perfect as it is. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Marcuz

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 pm

P4F scks nowdays yes

It was at best before Tier 3 and booster shite
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:26 pm

I know. I remember the Close Beta days, where weapons were so limited but everything was right. Even entering Open Beta was still fair.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 pm

This is always the "fight" between free and pay. Pratically any Free2Play game will offer some type of micro-transactions turning it into a pay2win. And since money talks, the pay will alway have the advanatage. This will most likely happen with GRO (Ghost Recon:Online) as well. Sure it's F2P but, they will always cater to those who pay.

The Free2Play is only for marketing and in fact it is free to play. Could you imagine how much less players they would get if they advertised it as pay to win.

It does suck and there are agruments both ways on both sides and basically a never ending battle. I would think these business models would offer the free, something at less frequent than pay. Such that items would be offered, that was once only for the pay, to the free every other month or quarter or half year.

Basically you play for free in hopes you turn to pay. If they push to buy-in or don't offer anything new, some free will eventually leave.
Back to top Go down
DeltaMeter
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
DeltaMeter

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:08 pm

^League of Legends say nope! Very Happy. League of Legends skins only make you look cool.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:49 pm

I agree Trister that throughout the game, they best way for marketing and advertising the game is announcing it as a Free2Play title, as it's buisness. But if it is titled as a Play4Free game, shouldn't the aspects of free items be a bit more common than items you must pay for?

There are much more Battlefund weapons than there are credit weapons, and with the boosters, players are pretty much screwed if they can't purchase it and others can.

I understand that those that pay for it do deserve a huge reward than F2P players as they are helping funding for the game. However, that doesn't mean a much huger reward that affects those that play it for free.

When I do get the option, I will help fund for the game as it brought something gaming should bring: entertainment. However, at the moment, 6 of my friends stopped playing because of these unfair advantages.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr.Ghost
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Cmdr.Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 pm

I agree with what Trister said as well, and the concept can work well if played out right.

P4F was built along the same concept as Battlefield Heroes. One thing though is that the balance between "free" players and "playing" players is way offset toward the "paying" side in p4f.

In BFH even though there were BF only weapons and other packages, the gameplay was still fair and you could still be on top even if you used the default weapons lol.

P4F has to find a way to balance gameplay for both types of players like they did in BFH, and not give paying players a huge advantage over free players.

On a side note: why are people using RPGs more frequently now? o_O
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:04 pm

I know even in BF3 people are using to much RPGs especally in that market map.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:33 pm

I have noticed that as well Mega... BF2 = grenade spam: BF3 = rpg spam
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Yea I know its weird. In the bazaar when we have hall way firefights on PS3 rpgs are everywhere barley any bullets. Also a lot of Frags but not as much as BF2 since we only have 24 players Max on PS3.
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Closed beta days on P4F were it's glory days, now EAsy have went money hungry and dished out around 20 boosters and a crapload of Pay2Win weapons, leaving F2Pers like myself away from the best. There's now a distinct difference between people who have paid to play, and free players, as the payers have OP weapons, and F2Pers have to farm 10 games just to buy a basic weapon for a day, and even then we lose out on 20+ hours of the weapon we farmed for. I could say I've quit P4F now, helluva great idea me coming back, to find a few weeks later they release T3 with so many OP P2W weapons. I may play time to time and join in with scrims, but I really cba to play with such a biased, unbalanced game as it is atm. #rantover.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:23 pm

-moved to Free 2 play forum
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 pm

Cmdr.Ghost wrote:
I agree with what Trister said as well, and the concept can work well if played out right.

P4F was built along the same concept as Battlefield Heroes. One thing though is that the balance between "free" players and "playing" players is way offset toward the "paying" side in p4f.

In BFH even though there were BF only weapons and other packages, the gameplay was still fair and you could still be on top even if you used the default weapons lol.

P4F has to find a way to balance gameplay for both types of players like they did in BFH, and not give paying players a huge advantage over free players.

From all the boosters for the explosives. RPGs are now getting common since they buff the damage. It was just an example...
Back to top Go down
ECO_RANGER
Sergeant
Sergeant
ECO_RANGER

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:46 am

I agree I hate Nade and RPG Spamers ..get some skill....I will day I only get a couple more kills with the pay weapons but I agree they need to make some thing buyable with credits to even out the payed weapons....make an exclusive weapon only buyable with credits that evens the playing field and all around make everything cheaper
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:20 pm

DeadlyChaos09 wrote:
Cmdr.Ghost wrote:

From all the boosters for the explosives. RPGs are now getting common since they buff the damage. It was just an example...

The RPG booster is currently a joke. I rented it for 1 day with leftover battlefunds seeing as it was 50% off that day. Well, how should I put this... I've never owned so bad. I had K/D's beyond what you could imagine. The fact you can resupply RPG with ammo boxes is stupid, add in the healing and you're a walking juggernaught. You can shoot someone 3 feet from you and not die, so damage dealt to self needs to be implemented into the game.

Oh and also, a cheeky little run to the hill by the shot down chopper, shoot a boosted RPG to A from the start of the game. You'll get a pretty much guaranteed 4 in 1.
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ninja-Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:48 pm

I do that sometimes, but I just think of all the innocent people being killed by RPG boosters. Today I played on a server where evry single bloody engineer had a boosted RPG. It's just getting stupid now. And Play4Free was nearly always greedy, it was fine around the time of open beta and also before but when the SVU-A and 416-carbine era of weapons came in it started to go towards the big greedy corporate b*stards that EA are. It's just annoying and i've had enough. Cold turkey from BFP4F for good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play4Free is turning greedy   Play4Free is turning greedy Empty

Back to top Go down

Play4Free is turning greedy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top