13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
No power due to light storm EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
No power due to light storm EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
No power due to light storm EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
No power due to light storm EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
No power due to light storm EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
No power due to light storm EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
No power due to light storm EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
No power due to light storm EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
No power due to light storm EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

No power due to light storm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

No power due to light storm Empty
PostSubject: No power due to light storm   No power due to light storm EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Meteorologist said it was suppose to be nothing. That our area would only see about 3" while out west up to a foot. We probably got double that, a tree feel in our back yard hitting the shed, and there was some crazy, bright, blue, green, sometimes purple light over the tree tops in the distance, you could have thought it was a UFO, at the same time losing power. So I've been without power for 17 hours now. Spent 3 hours looking for and getting a generator since they have no idea wlhen the power is to come on. Only to find out that the heater is hard-wired to the house and I would need a transfer case. So I guess its refrigerator, lights and space heaters. Oh ya and it's 30 degrees and windy. So needless to say I wont be on my PC anytime soon. That was one thing I liked about Vent; there was an app for it.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: No power due to light storm   No power due to light storm EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Damn, that sucks, MAJORLY!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
DacianWolf
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: No power due to light storm   No power due to light storm EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:51 am

Sucks that you got hit in the "21st-century gonads" (electricity), but at least you caught a glimpse of the Northern Lights. I heard that unusual solar activity made the Aurora Borealis visible much farther south than normal. That must have been quite a sight.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: No power due to light storm   No power due to light storm EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:33 am

So I told my girl, watch we've spent all this time and money that the power will come back on the minute we set everything up. 20 minutes later, power. Now I got some time to install the transfer box to power the heater.

Ya it was pretty cool and it had this electrical hum every time it happened. If that is what Northern light sort of looks like, I want to see it even more.

Oh and what else dawned on me looking at snow on ground? That the water hasn't been cleared out of the sprinklers yet.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: No power due to light storm   No power due to light storm EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:26 pm

Good to see you back man. I wonder how cold it got there and in your abode. How many hours was the power out? I know a year and a half ago the power went out during a 22" blizzard and power was out for 3.5 days. Temperature in my house got down to 40 Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No power due to light storm   No power due to light storm Empty

Back to top Go down

No power due to light storm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top