13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Bf3 mod tools petition EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Bf3 mod tools petition EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Bf3 mod tools petition EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Bf3 mod tools petition EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Bf3 mod tools petition EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Bf3 mod tools petition EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Bf3 mod tools petition EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Bf3 mod tools petition EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Bf3 mod tools petition EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Bf3 mod tools petition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lonelysgtpepper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Lonelysgtpepper

Bf3 mod tools petition Empty
PostSubject: Bf3 mod tools petition   Bf3 mod tools petition EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:05 pm

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bf3modtools/
hello guys
if you are exited about bf3 but you were annoyed by the lack of mod support and consolization of the series please take your time to sign this pettition!

thanks
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: Bf3 mod tools petition   Bf3 mod tools petition EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:21 pm

BF2 did not had mod tools when it came out, they where community created and dice was like:

"sure, be our guest"

so perhaps they will also be created for bf3 Smile
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Bf3 mod tools petition   Bf3 mod tools petition EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:37 pm

They clearly said there's going to be no mod tools for BF3. The petition states that this could affect sales, but, lets be honest, EA doesn't want modding tools—atleast not for a few years—because people would realize how much of a rip-off DLCs are. In other words, who would buy a DLC when you can get much more content for free?

But don't take this the wrong way... I completely support it. I hope they can succeed and they start to realize that gamers will only take so much of this greedy behavior. It's a great start; gamers need to start organizing and protecting themselves against this companies. Every year I get more and more disappointed with developers and publishers, but, more importantly, with gamers; we are the ones that keep buying this stuff...

One question, thought, any idea how secure is to put the email on that petition? I've never tried one of those, but I don't want to get any spam. Lol
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: Bf3 mod tools petition   Bf3 mod tools petition EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:48 pm

hmm I don't have much negative expierences with the DLC or any addable content for battlefield games. Special forces, Armored Fury and Euro Force where still good succeses for BF despite mod tools being available, BC vietnam, Onslaught and '43 where great and did good. So I don't expect bad things from BF3 ( as long as it's not simple map packs, I absolutely hate and refuse to buy those, 5 maps for €15? come on..)
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Bf3 mod tools petition   Bf3 mod tools petition EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Modding cool i wouldn't mind it
Back to top Go down
Megraw
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Megraw

PostSubject: Re: Bf3 mod tools petition   Bf3 mod tools petition EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:59 am

Hey, I know I'm new and all but I figured I'd leave this snippet I saw while looking through DICE's job openings.

(I would post the link to the dice hiring but as a new member I can't simply plug it in.) dice.se/hiring.asp

Under community manager you can find this.

"•Monitor and communicate with existing mods / look for possible mods to give ranked server support etc "

I know that isn't any real PROOF that there is mod support for Battlefield 3. But if they are advertising that as part of the community manager's job, it seems like a good possibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bf3 mod tools petition   Bf3 mod tools petition Empty

Back to top Go down

Bf3 mod tools petition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top