13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
So what is the point of a private match? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
So what is the point of a private match? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
So what is the point of a private match? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
So what is the point of a private match? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
So what is the point of a private match? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
So what is the point of a private match? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
So what is the point of a private match? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
So what is the point of a private match? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

So what is the point of a private match?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deecon57
Sergeant
Sergeant

So what is the point of a private match? Empty
PostSubject: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:37 am

Why is it that when we get a full team of 13 on we always end up in a private match? Not that I don't enjoy getting my tags taken by Ghostbeer three times in under a minute time span. How about we at least keep it even teams? We have thirteen members on and the teams end up 7 on 5?

Not really my idea of a fun time.

Good night.
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:17 am

True that I was awaiting some sort of training course not a snipers spawn camp haven, lolz
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Prior to the private match we had 12+ members all trying to play together and it ended up with like 9v4 in a public game with surfs rounding it out. During the private matches, we began with 7v3, and I promptly invited a few to my side (3) to even things out. Later on it became uneven and I heard some members were going to log to even things out or switch but it either didnt happen or took longer than expected. The match was unscheduled and was not to get any pins, just a full tilt scrimmage.

In the future if you team is down in numbers, invite fellow members over, we are all in this to have fun, no matter what side we are on.

At one point it was 6v2 with invasive and prodigy attacking and primal and ghost having their way with prodigy sniping him every which way but Sunday. I would have intervened but prodigy seemed to enjoy the challenge of the counter sniping.
Back to top Go down
deecon57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Yeah, after cooling down a bit I realized that I should have just left. I really don't enjoy the private matches so an easy fix is to just not join them.

Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Jaguar
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Do private matches even count towards your rank?
Back to top Go down
In7aaKe
Private
Private
In7aaKe

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:24 pm

No they don't, they are more for practice purposes.
Back to top Go down
Jaguar
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Thought it was like that. I've never played one before lol.
Back to top Go down
In7aaKe
Private
Private
In7aaKe

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:27 pm

I played in my first one last night, I enjoyed it, the teams were a little uneven, but if we had a full room that would be a different story.
Back to top Go down
Jaguar
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:28 pm

I'd figure a public game with a bunch of clannies would be funner...
Back to top Go down
In7aaKe
Private
Private
In7aaKe

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Hahaha I would say they are both equally fun, public matches can get frustrating to me sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Jaguar
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Yea, as for me. I either just take a break or rethink my strategies. Rethinking strategies can definitely make an impact.
Back to top Go down
In7aaKe
Private
Private
In7aaKe

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:34 pm

It really does, but sometimes, you just gotta turn of the xbox and walk away hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Jaguar
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Or in my case, the PS3. Smile
Back to top Go down
In7aaKe
Private
Private
In7aaKe

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Hahaha yes Wink
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:57 pm

You can do private matches to get pins? Anyone want to help me get my flag defender pin? It is my last pin I need and can't get it for diddly squat
Back to top Go down
HollywoodBush
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:00 pm

I will help ya nuke...it is a pain.

Like I said I camped Arica Harbor....the defend order on a flag and waited till they started to capture it, and then killed them before they did.
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Yeah, someone told me you need a squad order on it, I did it on Vietnam without the squad order thought and I was like wtf when I defended it 6 times, I do believe you are right they have make the flag neutral before you kill them to get the flag defend
Back to top Go down
HollywoodBush
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:42 pm

No the flag MUST not be neutral....It must be captured and the other team trying to capture to get the pin. Remember there is a glitch and sometimes it take 6 or 7 kills before you get the pin.
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Thats what I meant the enemy team must make your capped flag neutral
Back to top Go down
HollywoodBush
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:45 pm

If the enemy team make you flag neutal then you don't get the defend kill. You must till have control of the flag when you kill the enemy to get the defend kill.
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:49 pm

Ah ok it does mess up then because I have done that plenty of times
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 pm

sorry about that deecon, i promise i wasn't going for tags. tiger said if they are there, take them though.

anyways, on the private match thing, it was started with even teams. yeah, it ended up being lopsided with 2 on the other side, so we practiced sniping and such. after that, i confirmed swapping over with tiger to balance the teams.

as for the other game that became lopsided, we were in a public match on cold war and i jumped over because we had 12+ 13 members and the teams were really badly uneven. after a round, more 13 members jumped over. this shouldn't have happened, but it wasn't something i could have prevented.

sorry bout that deecon. i hate private as well, but it was good sniping practice from what i gained. sorry you didn't benefit, or never for that matter. Sad
Back to top Go down
deecon57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 pm

No problem ghost. Your message even made me laugh. And I am not so very good at this game that my tags never get taken. It happens all the time and doesn't bother me.

I'm just not a fan of the private match. I will be more vocal about that in the future and will offer to keep a rush squad going for those that don't enjoy them either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what is the point of a private match?   So what is the point of a private match? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what is the point of a private match?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top