13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
VERY disappointed EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
VERY disappointed EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
VERY disappointed EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
VERY disappointed EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
VERY disappointed EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
VERY disappointed EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
VERY disappointed EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
VERY disappointed EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
VERY disappointed EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

VERY disappointed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:05 pm

I was quite looking forward to October/November this year due to all the new games coming out, all of them sequels to what had been great games. My summary so far is this -

Fable 3 - Massive disappointment, It's as if they took a step back from Fable 2, they tried to be clever with all the "No menus or lists" and "Morphing" but it just didn't work. These two reviews sum it up nicely -

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/10/26/fable-3-review-disappointing-a-step-back-for-the-franchise/

http://www.destructoid.com/review-fable-iii

Fallout: New Vegas - Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but I reckon Fallout 3 was better, and it is more like a huge expansion pack.

Force Unleashed 2 - Played the first one and it was very good, but the second one is almost exactly the same.

Medal of Honour - The multiplayer is the most frustrating piece of S*** I've ever played on, racked up about 4 hours on it, traded it in, and returned to BC2.

Which leaves AC: Brotherhood and Black ops to try and claw back some dignity - I'm not getting my hopes up.

Is it me, or is the games industry getting lazier and lazier?

Roll on Bioshock: Infinite and Shogun 2: Total War
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:09 pm

they all tricked us into BS purchases.
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:10 pm

I believe you are correct. Just a S*** ton of fat bastards. Smile
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:11 pm

like i always say, it isnt the review, its what u think. who cares if a game has a crappy review, as long u enjoy the game, its fine, a good review is just a bonus
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Although Thai timethe reviews ARE right lol
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:17 pm

That's the problem. MoH single player was boring-ish, and multiplayer was RETARDED. The first few hours I racked up a KDR of like 5/500 (slightly exagerated).

New Vegas is good, but yeah, just like a giant expansion. Fallout 3 had a better story.

Haven't (and have no intention of doing so anytime soon) played Fable 3 or SW: FU.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:27 pm

I put the reviews up there because that is similar to how I felt about it.

To put it in perspective - I racked up a tleast 30 hours gameplay on Fable 2, I completed Fable 3 in 11 hours and have no desire to play through it again.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit is coming out really soon. They have been fat aholes (criterion) in a couple places, but overall they are ok.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:49 pm

New Vegas wasn't so bad. It may look exactly like Fallout 3 but they put more effort in their quests and character scripts. The ending to the game sucked though.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit is coming out really soon. They have been fat aholes (criterion) in a couple places, but overall they are ok.

Just so that last post gets out.

Oh yeah, and thanks Antonio, thanks for spoiling the fun for me.
Back to top Go down
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:15 pm

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:

In the end a nuke blows up the entire map and you are in a spaceship with Mr House. After that, you and Mr. House decide to colonize in Mars.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Antonio wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:

In the end a nuke blows up the entire map and you are in a spaceship with Mr House. After that, you and Mr. House decide to colonize in Mars.

Thanks. Again.
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Yeah, this year has been a bit disappointing. My most anticipated game of the year Metroid the Other M was horribly disappointing. All the good games got delayed until next year. Gran Turismo 5 included sadly. Hopefully next year will make up for it though.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/destroyrs/
Legend 428
Discharged

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:09 pm

I wonder if homefront will be any good.
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:43 pm

homefront looked good, but i agree with spino, im really looking forward to gran turismo 5 (i wants to drive mah VW bus and stock cars!) black ops? maybe, i think i would like battlefield games more. I played the PC MoH open beta, and it didn't really impress me to much. To go with reviews, sometimes they reflect how i felt, and sometimes they're effin' stupid, but thats just what i think Smile
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm

I agree with you on Shogun 2: Total War.. I just bought Napoleon: Total War and it's AMAZING MAN!
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:39 pm

I too am waiting for homefront.
Back to top Go down

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:53 pm

I cant wait for BF3, whenever it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Fondu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:49 am

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Antonio wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:

Thanks. Again.

Rofl, you totally asked for that. All he did was expressing his opinion on the ending. I don't get how that would spoil the fun for you. If I say a certain game sucks, does that spoil the fun of that game for you? bounce
Back to top Go down
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:07 am

Fondu wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Antonio wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:

Thanks. Again.

Rofl, you totally asked for that. All he did was expressing his opinion on the ending. I don't get how that would spoil the fun for you. If I say a certain game sucks, does that spoil the fun of that game for you? bounce

That obviously isn't the ending either.
Back to top Go down
Fondu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:34 am

Antonio wrote:
Fondu wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Antonio wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:

Thanks. Again.

That obviously isn't the ending either.
Already thought so Razz
Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Halo: Reach has been my best buy of the year so far, I really have no dissapointments concerning it's game play or graphics engine. I personally rate it 9/10.

On the other hand, as I am an avid Fable gamer.. and did Pre-Order and buy the collectors edition I am a little disappointed with the way they approached it.

In one of the interviews they said "Fable 3 will be more of an action/adventure game rather an RPG". That is what made so many people dislike the 3rd game. The RPG feeling personally is what dragged me into the series, I loved spending individual points on certain things to build my character how I wanted. Fable 3 just has 1 set of points to spend (Guild Seals) and no spell tiers/inventory menu's/etc. It's lacking so much fundamental RPG elements.

I still enjoy the game though, and do play it quite frequently. I'd rate it at 6.5/10.

Fallout: New Vegas is practically an expansion as you said, but it's still a great and one of a king Xbox RPG out there. The only issue I have with it is the non-stop bugs, however I assume they will eventually all be fixed via a patch. I'd rate the game a 7.5/10.

MoH has been a complete dissapointment primarily because of it's multiplayer as you stated. It's story mode was well worth it, but the online multiplayer consists of constant spawn killing, unfair advantages, and sloppy teamwork.. definitely something I am not interested in. The game gets a 5/10 rating from me, not something I will chase after.

I am however really looking forward to BlackOps.. primarily because of Zombies. I have been a major Nazi zombies fan since the release of WaW. the multiplayer was also very promising in MW2 and MW1.. especially with the release of customizable kill-streaks in MW2. I am very much interested in seeing how the BlackOps multiplayer will hold up.

Currently I will only own 4 games. Halo: Reach, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and CoD: BlackOps.

The only game I didn't keep was MoH, since it was a waste of money in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Endrane i agree napolean total war is amazing

Possibly the best game i have ever played Razz
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Techno, they did the same thing with Mass Effect 2 as they did with Fable 3. They took away most of the RPG elements...that's what drew me in to the originals. Sad
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:02 pm

I was looking forward to Battletoads for the Wii Sad Now I reckon I'll be getting this instead :

VERY disappointed CMyPokemans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VERY disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: VERY disappointed   VERY disappointed Empty

Back to top Go down

VERY disappointed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-