13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Proposition, For a New Division.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buckky
Discharged
Buckky

Proposition, For a New Division. Empty
PostSubject: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:38 pm

I would like to propose this game i played, which used to be a game where you would have to pay monthly. But since the sad news of the downfall (bankruptcy) of RealTimeWorlds who had created the game APB (All Points Bulletin) had come new hope for the idea i had of creating a division for this game, i would like to announce that a private server is currently underway to bring APB back to life as a free game to play and roam.

Bringing the 13th Expeditionary Unit to APB would bring many other players of the game intrest of our clan if we hit it up hard with members.

here is a video to explain the game play; I will also post the website to the undergoing private server website where you can make your accounts and download the game, there is a couple things needed in order to properly open and play the game, all of these issues can be solved in the links of the website itself.

Video of APB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DnXvGDmPoE

Back to top Go down
A bipolar tree
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
A bipolar tree

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Im gonna try downloading it real quick and see what its like. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buckky
Discharged
Buckky

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:48 pm

It currently is offline due to maintenance and coding for the game to be operational at all. so unfortunately so far they have only announced (as far as i know) that they have gotten the character creation all fixed up.
Back to top Go down
A bipolar tree
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
A bipolar tree

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Any idea when its gonna be finished with the maintenance?
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Honestly I played APB when it first was released and the gameplay wasn't all that great. That being said if they can fix the issues that the game has then by all means have fun with the game guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buckky
Discharged
Buckky

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:30 am

WELL... I played APB religiously, and it was epic. its not gonna be RTW running it. the only problems they had were:

1. Proper hacking prevention
2. RTW points which you could get from selling items, and re-using as game time.
3. overpowered stun guns.

now that the private server Action District is taking it upon its shoulders, i expect that :

a) issue #1 with hackers will have an engine to block aimbotters and 3d mapping.
b) since the game is free now , issue #2 is void.
c) issue #3, they will be able to tweak the guns so they aren't so overpowered.

i know there are a few more issues; but since its a private server, they're should be less problems because they aren't looking for money but popularity. then they focus on donations for "special items" .. which i believe will become a problem but i did read that they plan on keeping it all the same, so i have high expectations for these guys if they're trying to fix the failing points of the game which brought RTW to bankruptcy

( i will be watching the websites main page daily to check and make sure when they plan on opening the servers)
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:14 am

I have seen APB before (played it a friend's house). It is not that bad of a game. Fix a few of the minor issues and it would be great. And I would enjoy seeing the clan take it up seriously. I mean we could seriously have fun. First MMO Sandbox game The MEU would take up.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
147gamer
Private
Private
147gamer

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:52 am

Wait,wait,wait.Didn't they shut APB servers down like a month ago?
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:07 am

I don't own it so I don't know. But I am pretty sure that the servers aren't down.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 am

Whoah, nvm. They shut it down. The studio that made it closed. Kinda sucks. D: I hope someone else will take care of the game. I just looked it up. Yep, it died.

There is a chance that Epic Games (creator of gears of war) or another company will buy APB and reopen the servers.
Back to top Go down
Buckky
Discharged
Buckky

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:20 am

You don't need to wait for epic games to pick it up, because there's a private server coming up and it will be free to play. Its gonna be a long time before epic games can get there hands on APB retail game. But yea I would love it if Bronx would wanna allow this to happen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buckky
Discharged
Buckky

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:19 am

out of curiosity has anyone figured out how to work the private server??
Back to top Go down
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:45 am

Until they release the engine that runs the private server (Still working on building that engine, so I doubt it's going to be released anytime soon), we can't play it by ourselves. Not that someone would want to except to dress up your character. Talking about dressing up your character, I wish that "action district" unlocks all the clothing options from the beginning because I absolutely hate having to earn those stuff. I didn't have such a great time playing the game because of the poor auto match making. I would end up against a team of high ranked players with fully upgraded weapons against my team of low ranked players and only 1 or 2 upgrade slots filled.
Back to top Go down
Buckky
Discharged
Buckky

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:09 pm

True but when your grouped with friends it isnt too hard, it was a verry fun game for me, i lvled fast and got stuff fast with a group of friends.
Back to top Go down
KidsThatCant
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:28 am

I absolutely loved it during the closed beta ( I got invited, oh yeah.) but the lack of communication and the fact that you had to pay is what really killed it for me (and apparently the company too) I saw the action district private server but I recently found out that the APB rights have been bought by another company KS Networks.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/APB-has-been-bought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposition, For a New Division.   Proposition, For a New Division. Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposition, For a New Division.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top