13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

in a super mood - posts anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

in a super mood - posts anyone? Empty
PostSubject: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:33 pm

i was in a really good mood for some reason today and thought i'd read up on some 13 stuff since i had some free time. now i'm kind of bummed. hardly anybody posts anymore. we have a lot of active people lately and i see nothing.

what is going on here?

nobody has PCs these days?

nobody has time?

you are in game so much getting sooooo good at the game you cannot read or post on the forum?

i don't undrestand this.

And tell him how fN disgusting he is It, like, makes me upset and I'm now nausious and I can't eat lunch.
Goodbye.
Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
modernwarfare132

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:38 pm

i have an excuse:
i have no more time (band, scouts, school, work)
but i try to post when i can
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:42 pm

I post. Alot. Smile lol (and usually its not spam so Razz)
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 pm

williamdanm1 wrote:
i have an excuse:

i'm talking more about the bfbc2 divisions. that's why i put it in this section.
Back to top Go down
JuniorGando
Corporal
Corporal
JuniorGando

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:47 pm

i post all the time bounce Razz
Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
modernwarfare132

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:49 pm

oh s*** forgot to read the top
i was in the off topic section when i read this floating up the recent posts section
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:15 pm

I feel I'm lucky to be sitting in front of the computer most of the day, so I am able to find moments to visit [13]. I also use these moments to process a member app or boot camp test.

I can understand how others might have a greater challenge accessing the forums.

It will be interesting to see how forum activity changes as we get closer to the holidays.

Perhaps we need to put a little more weight on forum activity when considering promotions in the future?
Back to top Go down
JuniorGando
Corporal
Corporal
JuniorGando

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Axx Bytehoven wrote:
I feel I'm lucky to be sitting in front of the computer most of the day, so I am able to find moments to visit [13]. I also use these moments to process a member app or boot camp test.

I can understand how others might have a greater challenge accessing the forums.

It will be interesting to see how forum activity changes as we get closer to the holidays.

Perhaps we need to put a little more weight on forum activity when considering promotions in the future?

if you would do that and then you still have to promote me alot XD

nr 4 spammer poster of the clan and lance corporal lolz, kinda weird but ow well my time will come i guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:45 pm

JuniorGando wrote:
Axx Bytehoven wrote:

if you would do that and then you still have to promote me alot XD

nr 4 spammer poster of the clan and lance corporal lolz, kinda weird but ow well my time will come i guess.

Without getting to heavy/deep into the "why I haven't been promoted" theme, do you think members are more/less likely to participate depending on how they feel about their being/not being promoted?

I ask, because I have seen a number of members go MIA after a pretty big promotion, which kinda undermines any argument for promotions being at the root of a members likely hood of participating.
Back to top Go down
JayJeffGordon24
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
JayJeffGordon24

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:58 pm

I understand what you are saying Axx about not getting promoted but, maybe the reason they go MIA is because its the same over and over again. It's all about squad practices, mostly general talk, and rarely a squad match.

Maybe we should try to do more contests like the Squad of the Month feature. That way they can get involved and try to compete. Also, you could give a prize to the person who wins like a patch or something. That is my opinion the situation and if you don't like I can understand.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr.Ghost
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Cmdr.Ghost

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:17 pm

In my opinion, promotions shouldn't really have an effect on activity in the clan (we're in for the fun, not chevrons XD), but unfortunately it does. Promotions can be a good or bad thing.

The good:
*Motivates people to be more active in the clan
*the sense of recognition from the clan feels good (ehh dont think i worded that right)
*Other things that I can't put in words correctly..lol

The bad:
*higher promotions require more responsibility, and not everyone can handle leadership positions (they shy away/go MIA)
*sense of "superiority", so some tend to get lazy/less activity
*motivation can lead to "chevron hunting"

And ya I've played BC2 though I wasn't part of a squad, and you kinda of tend to forget about the forums. Most of the talking (squad related and fun/miscellaneous) is done in game, so not much to post in the forums, except for squad related stuff... at least that's what I think. So i guess, forum activity should be considered a plus for console gamers, but not necessarily be a negative for em? (as in let's say someone who is active in game and helps out alot over the console, but doesn't post as much in the forums?)
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 am

How much is there to say of a structured nature left about BFBC2 ? We all know how to play it, we all crush our enemies, drive them before us and hear the lamentation of their womenfolk every time we enter a game and it stopped being worth playing conquest with an all 13 side ages ago because we eat raw babies for a living and so we have to let them get a flag back just so they won't all ragequit.

In game we still have a lot to say, but the division forums increasingly become reference points or ways to talk up the chain of command, most of the squad based chatter is just that, chatter and the day to day discussion of things has mostly stayed in game chat.

I don't think Promotions matter too much tbqh although the Senior ranks are usually good at identifying leaders and making their rank match their achievements.
Back to top Go down
B4NNY187
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:59 am

i feel that promotions defenity effect activity as alot of posting on here just seems to be spam or small talk which can be seen as post whoring in order to get promoted!

while myself, i feel more like posting in relivant posts to me instead of just replying to every topic just to get noticed

i have no problem with other people posting lots (spamming)but just because someone doesnt post alot doesnt mean that they are not active with in the forum
Back to top Go down
JuniorGando
Corporal
Corporal
JuniorGando

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:11 pm

I would say leave it like it is now, promotions are so overrated, so you get a bit more responsibility, it's not cause you're a low rank that you can't make a difference within the clan, there are just some dumb people that don't see that.
Back to top Go down
Purplevine4
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Purplevine4

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:22 pm

GHOSTBEER wrote:
williamdanm1 wrote:
i have an excuse:

i'm talking more about the bfbc2 divisions. that's why i put it in this section.
We are active? I believe we do post ALOT more than most squads with the name Spamlords engraved into our helmets. cherry
Im active whenever i can but i get stopped alot with meaningless homework and study revision sessions after school etc.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Purplevine4 wrote:
GHOSTBEER wrote:
williamdanm1 wrote:
i have an excuse:

We are active? I believe we do post ALOT more than most squads with the name Spamlords engraved into our helmets. cherry
Im active whenever i can but i get stopped alot with meaningless homework and study revision sessions after school etc.

ur also on ps3.
Back to top Go down
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:24 pm

I couldn't think of much to post in this section. I guess I can post my strategies but most of it is pretty common sense. Now that you mention it, I'll post a topic here every time I record myself and a clan mate playing a round and then you guys can make fun of us for sucking so much.
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:48 pm

I agree with Ghost, but I'm not sure how to improve upon this. Weekly squad check-ins are a little over the top, as we mostly assemble in-game anyway. I would like to see more squad-specific tactics discussions. We have general tactics discussions, but they're old and dead. Everybody has ideas, and a forum for these ideas would be ideal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:26 am

SpaminSambi wrote:
We have general tactics discussions, but they're old and dead.

Old, maybe. Dead, definitely. However, the tactics we have amassed are just as sound today as they were when 1st hatched. So, let's be careful to not purpose to reinvent the wheel, or throw the baby our with bath water, or whatever cliche phrase pops into your head to cover the thought. Smile
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Axx Bytehoven wrote:
SpaminSambi wrote:
We have general tactics discussions, but they're old and dead.

Old, maybe. Dead, definitely. However, the tactics we have amassed are just as sound today as they were when 1st hatched. So, let's be careful to not purpose to reinvent the wheel, or throw the baby our with bath water, or whatever cliche phrase pops into your head to cover the thought. Smile
Heh, point taken Axx. But I mean it would be nice to have discussions of tactics, either in game at practices, or new discussion opened up. Not to change them, but to consolidate them for everyone so people are all aware.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: in a super mood - posts anyone?   in a super mood - posts anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

in a super mood - posts anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top