13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Captured terrorists with video evidence of murder should we
Rehabilitate them
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_lcap0%Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Imprison them for life
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_lcap8%Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Extradite to death penalty country
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_lcap17%Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Execute them
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_lcap0%Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Firing Squad
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_lcap42%Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Stoned to death by victims families
Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_lcap33%Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe Empty
PostSubject: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:45 pm

It's been a while since anyone raided my country but it looks like we might have some commandos heading towards our shores, luckily the Americans have our back and have warned us that we face a possible Mumbai Style Attack.

The Germans, French and Italians are apparently in the same boat so hopefully the next couple of weeks will pass without incident but if not I would direct all the European members to stay aware of the advice given both by our own Governments and the US State Department.

But what do you all think ? We don't have the death penalty in Europe, but say we captured a terrorist commando alive ? Should we give them a cigarette and a wall to stand in front of or does that unfairly equate them with soldiers. How much disruption should we put up with in our daily lives ?

And we in the UK also face the threat from the Continuity and Real IRAs, how do you think we'll cope with this level of threat if the Police budget gets cut. I value your opinions.
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:01 pm

I voted for extradition for the sole reason that your political system needs to reconsider its policy towards terrorism, treason, and other anti-state actions. For now executing these people in your own countries would probably cause much controversy. Better to sort it out at the top before pulling the trigger.

Rehabilitation: Won't work, these commandos are trained to do the job, or end their life. They have very low regard for their personal well being.

Imprisonment: And give them a decent standard of living? I'm not sure about the prison system in the UK but I'm sure that they get three square meals a day, showers, tv... it actually doesn't sound that bad.

Execute them in your own country?: I can expect massive media fallout from this one.

Firing squad: No. more media fallout.

Stoned: No. nuclear media fallout.
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:04 pm

But stoning would send a message, not to mention that kind of epic
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 pm

I'm just trying to be rational here. You're going to be pissing them off even further. You're giving those terrorists more ammunition against us for their cause.

They'll be sending more of those terrorists commandos, count on it.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Liam Savrii wrote:
They'll be sending more of those terrorists commandos, count on it.

Britain is pretty much face down *** up for any maritime threat since we don't have much of a Coastguard anymore and few of us are allowed our own weapons anymore.

I've just been reminded of a bit of levity for this situation. The traditional British seaside meal is Fish and Chips which is also a UK military acronym 'Fighting In Someones House & Causing Havoc In People's Streets' . . . . .
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:20 pm

i think the rest of the world, namely us americans, have pissed them off enough as it is. unless dropping nukes on their hideouts or invade darfur, we can't really piss them off more. i agree with them sending more, as long as they have the manpower, they'll keep sending em.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Jeffay123 wrote:
i agree with them sending more, as long as they have the manpower, they'll keep sending em.

And every time we kill one his sons and nephews rise up to avenge their dead. How many do we have to kill to stop this ? My inner Spartan says kill all of them and salt their earth but that's never going to happen so what do we do ?
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Souljah E wrote:
Jeffay123 wrote:
i agree with them sending more, as long as they have the manpower, they'll keep sending em.

And every time we kill one his sons and nephews rise up to avenge their dead. How many do we have to kill to stop this ? My inner Spartan says kill all of them and salt their earth but that's never going to happen so what do we do ?

Well if you are able to answer this question, you would have solved the majority of earth's problems.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Liam Savrii wrote:
Well if you are able to answer this question, you would have solved the majority of earth's problems.

Yeah, pretty grim isn't it.
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:04 am

I'm sure I will catch flack here, but I have respect for anyone who picks up a weapon and fights for their beliefs. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily agree with their causes, but I have respect. If you are in fact a commando, or a "terrorist", then you have taken on the role of a soldier and, if captured by an enemy state, should be treated like a captured enemy POW (EPW).

Captured terrorists with video evidence of murder should we:

(from the viewpoint of this soldier)

Rehabilitate them (not possible. I would not be "rehabilitated". That's subversion)

Imprison them for life (waste of money)

Extradite to death penalty country (can only legally extradite to a. the home country or b. the country in which the crime was committed)

Execute them (I don't view this as valid for a honorable death for a soldier)

Firing Squad (this is what I think should happen. Then charge their families or government for the round)

Stoned to death by victims families (this is inhumane, and puts us onto the level of those we despise. I'm honestly a little disturbed at those of you who voted this. Put yourself in their shoes. If you were captured, how would YOU rather die, regardless of your crime.)
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 am

Seems things are heating up.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:42 am

I'm English and I say improsenement for life (well life in England is 25 years

there's no way england will bring back executions and il glad firing squads army the solution nor is army negotiations is what's needed remember although they say actions speak louder than words what did hitler or suddam husseins actions do...the bet option is to negotiate see what they want maybe england did something bad eg we murdered
a family and they didn't tell us and the terrorists eat revenge we need to see thier side of the story
Back to top Go down
Tommy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 6:05 am

as a belgian, i would say not to capture them.(sorry but all of the above things aren't for me)

i would rather say to K.I.A

i'll get alot of rants for this.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 am

Rant rant lol
it's your opinion nobody can take that away from you
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:34 am

The problem with Britain is that it is run by bleeding-heart liberals; Nick Griffin would have no qualms in dishing out a bit of death when it comes to terrorism.

A Firing squad is too much of an honourable death, a simple beheading would suffice.
Back to top Go down
JuniorGando
Corporal
Corporal
JuniorGando

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:29 am

stoned to death, that's my pick. not cause it's the thing that causes the most pain but cause it's more fair for the families.

eye for eye, tooth for tooth.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:30 am

Would you be able to stone a man to death though?
Back to top Go down
JuniorGando
Corporal
Corporal
JuniorGando

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:34 am

muchosmerc wrote:
Would you be able to stone a man to death though?

depends on what he did, this reminds me on something out of the bible.

A woman was getting stoned to death cause she cheated on her husband, and if you did something wrong that was what happened.

Jesus was there and said, let the person who never did something wrong throw the first stone.

and he walked away and sat down, playing with some dirt. 15 minutes later he gets up and see that noone throwed stone, the woman thanked jesus but jesus said, go on living your life but don't do such things again.

at least i think the go on living part was like that, long time i heard that story.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:38 am

"And every man went unto his own house. 8:1 Jesus went unto the Mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they who heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
Back to top Go down
JuniorGando
Corporal
Corporal
JuniorGando

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:41 am

muchosmerc wrote:
"And every man went unto his own house. 8:1 Jesus went unto the Mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they who heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

yup that the story, altough my version is shorter, it says pretty much everything.

ofcourse there is a difference between terrorism and cheating on your distance but still

this story contains a message
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:22 pm

JuniorGando wrote:
yup that the story, altough my version is shorter, it says pretty much everything.

I personally prefer this version :

Back to top Go down
JuniorGando
Corporal
Corporal
JuniorGando

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Souljah E wrote:
JuniorGando wrote:

I personally prefer this version :

isn't that a part of the movie life of brian? cause i tought in that movie on a certain moment they are being crossed like jesus, and then they started singing always look at the bright side of life Razz
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:42 pm

muchosmerc wrote:
The problem with Britain is that it is run by bleeding-heart liberals; Nick Griffin would have no qualms in dishing out a bit of death when it comes to terrorism.

A Firing squad is too much of an honourable death, a simple beheading would suffice.

A beheading like they did to nick berg? That would put us on their level. I'd like to think of myself more honorable than that. Regardless of their crimes, these are still living people. American justice systems believe in not having cruel and unusual punishment, beheadings and beatings to death are cruel. If they need to be killed, treat them like any EPW. Give them a trial and let the courts decide. I personally though, if I were the courts, would simply put them in front of a firing squad.

Also, your statement about their government is offensive because you're insulting an entire nation by blatantly disrespecting their government, as well as a personal offense to me, since a lot of people call me a "liberal". Though I prefer to believe myself a free thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe   Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe Empty

Back to top Go down

Mumbai style attack threatens United Kingdom & Europe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top