13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Ridiculous Platinum Stars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Ridiculous Platinum Stars Empty
PostSubject: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:29 pm

the jetski has to be the most ridiculous of all items to get platinum on. i know you can shoot off the back which is insanely hard, but running over people is almost impossible. i wonder if you could do private match and run over 12 of your buddies over and over and get the platinum really fast.

anybody know if private matches count as kills that way? it'd be nice to get that platinumed. ... as well as the quad.
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Well Yeah they're insanely hard to get but I don't think the quad or the jetski were meant to be platinumed. I don't know about the console version of bc2 but if you're in the pc version and you're on a server without enough people... they count. Although I'm not sure anybody would volunteer to get killed (and have it counted...). I sure wouldn't want my precious kdr to go down. Razz

You'd also have to make sure that the server is "ranked" or wherever you're playing.

Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Find one, park in in hidden position but with good visibility, (turn on HC so they can watch kill cam), switch to back of vehicle, snipe the F*** out of them. That's what I'd do.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:06 pm

that's a great idea brush. it's still retarded though. x/500? come on really ea?
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:35 pm

GHOSTBEER wrote:
that's a great idea brush. it's still retarded though. x/500? come on really ea?

PBR with Warhead gets mad kills if you park behind an island and superelevate. Plus you get to feel like you're in Apocalypse Now if you do it on Laguna Presa. It's my new favourite thing to do on that map (river mines are getting old now)
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Your talking about my mobile sniping platform, it rocks. Ask poor Primal.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Souljah E wrote:
GHOSTBEER wrote:

PBR with Warhead gets mad kills if you park behind an island and superelevate. Plus you get to feel like you're in Apocalypse Now if you do it on Laguna Presa. It's my new favourite thing to do on that map (river mines are getting old now)

i'm talking about the jetski though. not a platinum total for water crafts. if you click each individually, they have their own platinum too. same for copters and land vehicles and armor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Just thought I'd say I Platted the UAV last night. Yeah, I know. Who would have thought. I'm hardly ever on that thing. Smile

BTW... I like the idea of a JetSki/PBR Fire team. Could be quite effective at distraction or destruction.

EDIT: Opps, looks like the plat was for "air vehicles", still have a few more UAV kills to go. tongue
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Jeez Axx, that's a TON of UAV work hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:30 pm

SpaminSambi wrote:
Jeez Axx, that's a TON of UAV work hahaha

Not that it always helps the team, but many times my point count is at or near the top when running UAV on Arica/ Atacama/Port Valdez. Other maps not so much. I usually run optics for survival and long range sniping of VADs, helo spawns, tank and fixed placement weapons. I am constantly spotting, so those points roll in as well. On more than a few occasions, I have taken out multiple MCOMs with missile strikes or helped finish them off.

Last night, I happened to be running armor spec, so when I didn't get a missile hit on a helo spawn, I was chasing/ramming the helo with the UAV.

Can anyone confirm if running the Electronic V-Spec on the UAV informs all other team members of threat hazards?
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Yeah, the UAV with optics is a HUGE help on attack. Even if you don't spot them in game, callouts save a lot of deaths in their spawn.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Axx Bytehoven wrote:

Can anyone confirm if running the Electronic V-Spec on the UAV informs all other team members of threat hazards?

I would like to know the answer to this too. Also I read your earlier section as 'long range sniping of VAGs'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:20 pm

VADs not VAGs, but if I happen to spot an enemy VAG, consider it toast.

Smile
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Axx Bytehoven wrote:

Smile

i'm going to toast a VAG tonight. Razz

also axx, if you are on a uav that long against me, you can count on losing your tags. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:06 pm

GHOSTBEER wrote:
Axx Bytehoven wrote:

Smile

i'm going to toast a VAG tonight. Razz

also axx, if you are on a uav that long against me, you can count on losing your tags. Wink

Hey, once in a blue moon, I come across someone as cold blooded as you and some of of our other tag collectors. Smile But you would be surprised how often I can go the whole game, even on a map like Laguna Presa, where I should be shot nearly as soon as I go up. I guess it depends on the map and how much you piss people off. The other night after I took down the Apache spawn on Port Valdez for the 3rd time, I had a visitor shortly after.

The only real down side to such longevity, is when you have DTiger in your squad, and he accidently spawns on me at the beginning of the MAP. I always have my headset MUTE button near by for such occasions. study
Back to top Go down
primalfury97
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Dtiger29 wrote:
Your talking about my mobile sniping platform, it rocks. Ask poor Primal.

its pretty cool because the kill cam looks at the jet ski from an odd angle - it is hard to tell where your shooter is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Platinum Stars   Ridiculous Platinum Stars Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous Platinum Stars

View previous topic View next topic Back to top