13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Effective Communications Class    [Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Liam Savrii wrote:
... my overall purpose here is to organize an fluid way to communicate...

This is a goal we share. Many of the maps become so familiar, landmarks are easy to name and be recognized. So, it might be worth developing some common landmarks to be added to the various mission/tactics threads. If we do this, I can help edit in landmark communication suggestions for members to remember.

Also, while I agree with what DTiger said about limiting intel reports to 3 seconds, there is wiggle room to better communicate enough information to make the report valuable. BECAUSE, while the enemy that just killed you will likely be in another location by the time someone can respond, all too often the kill cam does provide enough info to help you see which way he is headed, with how many friends and if they are Zombies, Wookies, NoobTubers, or what. Hey, I even try to report if the enemy that killed me was armored up for those who might expect a single 870 shot to take them down when it won't.

I would also reiterate a suggestion DTiger just made to a new member in another thread... read and learn our offensive/defensive tactics for each map. It really is the best foundation for communication strategies to allow us to adapt to how the enemy has prepared for whatever tactic we are trying to run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Effective Communications Class    [Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Nero012 wrote:
i maybe new to the forums but how bout the clock method , i was also taught ADDRAC
A-alert( hey! target! )
D-direction( to my 6 o clock)
D-descrition( 3 guys running)
R-range(bout 30 m)
A-assignment( ima supress em)
C-control( TL gives command)

all together it sounds like this.."hey i got 3 guys running away at 30m, ima supress em , yall flank left!) its an easy method an ive had great success with it over seas

We would all love an unlimited supply of ReCon motion sensors, right? SO... If I'm gonna be KIA, at least I can provide a reasonable facsimile to a motion sensor ball, right?

Almost every map has something unigue like a beach, mountain ridge, attacker/defender spawn reference, type of building near an objective, real big tree by the main path, swimming over from the light house, etc... these are often very easily referenced landmarks.

Another thing I have forgotten to mention,is keeping track of the kill count during a response. For instance, a black hawk goes down behind the back of the 1st defensive spawn on Valparaiso or Isla Incentes. We noticed 3 jumpers. Did we get everyone is what I am asking?

Or, the enemy just keeps showing up over by the tank spawn of the 1st base of Arica Harbor, ERGO somebody has to be hiding over there as a spawn point. Did anyone clear it out?

Another benefit of good communication is enhanced battlefield awareness. Sometimes events move too quickly to develop perfect battlefield awareness, but a synergistic awareness does emerge as we effectively communicate.

Honestly, this is where the real fun of playing BC2 [13] style comes into play, when [13] members working as a squad or a larger team really get into a groove. I mean winning is great, but being all over the enemy in an extremely suppressive fashion is just such a great experience.
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Effective Communications Class    [Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:04 am

Liam Savrii wrote:
Dtiger29 wrote:
Efficient communications has been my keystone concern since taking over as SL of the Apaches. I would ask that anyone interested review the commo guidelines I posted. While I agree that in many cases knowing where the enemy is located helps, its a true balancing act between target identification and clogging the comms with too much chatter. My rule of thumb is if you can't communicate your message in less than 3 seconds and it make perfect sense to everyone involved, dont. In my experiences, when one gets killed in game our first instinct is to notify our teammates of where the killer is, however is all but a few instances, the perpitrator has moved on and the information conveyed is useless.

On that same note, while a class would be useful in effective comms, it takes a great amount of practice and restraint in keeping the comms clear. I am open to any suggestions others might have on this subject.

Some things I want to key in on what I read:

The compass discussion has been reviewed ad nauseum, and its biggest flaw remains that your fellow teammates don't know what directions your six o'clock is, and with the ability to turn so quickly we (your teammates) don't know which direction you were facing when you referenced it.
I would caution against forcing any classes on a member. While I am all for learning the different intracacies of battle, others play merely for fun and would/ do not find classes to be of great concern. Forcing classes upon them only forces them away from us. This game (BC2) and clan thrive on effective teamwork, if they (my teammates) can work together and dominate the battleground, I quite frankly don't care if they have jump wings or the like.

Everyone joined the 13th on a voluntary basis and everyone that holds any rank does so because they volunteered for the duty. Forcing new recruits or any member for that matter to conform to new classes takes away that liberty of volunteering, and can seriously hinder future recruitment.

Thanks for the input!

I, personally, am not a fan of the clock/compass/directional guidance. " bla bla bla on my three o'clock" is just as vague as if you would say "bla bla bla on my right" A different method of conveying direction and location should be implemented... two of the choices I see are either the grid system or the landmark system. Landmark works well since implementation of the grid system is rather clumsy ordeal.

I am actually all for implementation of concise communication training to be carried out on the Squad Leader/Squad member level.

But my overall purpose here is to organize an fluid way to communicate, primarily for my own squad. Whether it be in the form of a "class" is completely up in the air.

Landmarks is the way to go. In most serious gaming, callouts are done by landmark/location, rather than some arbitrary grid system. People don't want to have to stare at a map to know and remember where A-2 is. Everyone would know what to do without thinking about it if the callout were "two in behind front B crates" (first valparaiso base, defending). It'd be good to have a handful of ubiquitous callouts for each base per map at least. Doing this, as well as encouraging everyone to be more vocal about callouts and the like would make our games even more flawless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Effective Communications Class    [Suggestion] Effective Communications Class  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Effective Communications Class

View previous topic View next topic Back to top