13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Port Valdez complete Attackers guide.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. Empty
PostSubject: Port Valdez complete Attackers guide.   Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Introduction:

Hello follow 13th members, I figured I'd post a strategy that I've often used with various friends of mine that seems to work almost 90% of the time while attacking on Port Valdez.
I have however only used this strategy on Hardcore mode and not Regular since I rarely play anything that's non-hardcore.

Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. 2z9fqjm

Above is an image that shows all 4 bases with all 8 Alpha and Bravo objectives.

You should notice red and green lines, they are representing where you should be and what you should be doing depending on what part of this strategy you've been assigned to.

Base 1:

Red Line:
Two people in your squad should spawn and parachute to the right instantly upon entering the game to land on the pipe lines on the side of the mountains. Those two will be the ones to follow the red path shown on the image above. Depending on your taste of destruction both of these people can be Assault with improved demolitions or otherwise there should be 1 medic and 1 assault with C4. Follow the pipeline until you are forced to walk on the edge of the mountain to stay in bounds, now keep following the mountain line towards Alpha. Eventually you will hit a spot where you will need to start jumping to stay along the side, at this point you should be right next to Alpha. The Assault member should slide down the mountain first while the medic stays above to assure a spawning position. Once the Assault member drops they should be scouting out the surrounding forest for hostiles, usually this area is clear so early in the game. Give the word for the medic to drop and have the medic positioned in the forest overlooking alpha and both sides of it. The Assault member should know make their way into Alpha and arm the objective while planting a C4 on it. Afterwards the Assaulter will run to the medic while waiting roughly about 5 seconds to blow a hole in the side of the wall at alpha to keep good visibility on the objective and possibly killing those who are trying to disarm. Now if both players were Assault the same thing would happen except both players would of course set C4 on the objective and then run into the forest to detonate Alpha.

Once Alpha is destroyed you may move out towards Bravo which now should be under fire by the other 2 members of your squad. Continue to follow the red path shown on the image above which will lead you around the back of the construction building overlooking bravo.

(note) The construction building overlooking bravo seems to be a very popular spawn point for the defenders, so be wary of your surroundings like always.

Green Line:

The 2 squad members who are taking the green line should both be engineers and should both be dropping straight down on the tank. Once entering the tank it should be driven down the green path on the image above, doing so will get you in position to maintain fire on the general area of bravo. While the other half of your squad should have Alpha armed, they should be giving you backup fire at the Bravo objective from the construction building. At this time the gunner in the tank should sprint in to arm the objective while the driver and the 2 other squad members at the construction building are giving backup fire.

If done correctly both objectives should now be destroyed relatively fast.

Base 2:

Red Line:

Once you're ready to move up to the second base with the 2 new objectives to destroy you're going to want to flank to the left as shown on the map above. I would recommend a medic and assault for this. Follow the shore line and enter the water once you get next to their base. You do not want to walk up through the trees as its to much of a risk being seen so instead go into the water and swim to the ladder that's past the crates to your right. Once at the ladder climb up and take position behind the huge gas silo's. Look around, cut through the fence, and then move out towards bravo. Do not enter bravo from the open door, instead go to the left side of the building and you'll notice a window you can jump through. At this point the person with the assault class should scope out the inside and then quickly run in for the charge while the medic stays outside the window watching the other entrance, the medic is going to need to stay outside the window in case the assaulter dies so he/she will have a respawn place near bravo.

Once bravo is destroyed you may take position inside the bravo warehouse and flank towards alpha if it is not already destroyed. Make sure the medic stays behind to ensure a spawning position.

Green Line:

The 2 squad members following the green path should yet again both be engineers. The objective for this one is to get in the tank and range alpha. ranging alpha will be the best distraction for the other 2 squad members going for bravo, so be prepared to keep your tank healed because you will get attacked hard. I recommend moving forward and backwards while ranging to avoid mortar strikes and if necessary move out of the way of destruction, you want to keep your tank alive. Unfortunately you cannot demo alpha at this base but you can blow the walls down and range the mcomm which is exactly what you should be doing. By the time the 2 squad mates that are heading for bravo make it there and arm the objective alpha should at the least have no walls left on it. One of the engineers should be keeping constant repairs on the tank as the other shoots the objective, if a mortar strike is present simply get back in the tank and wait it off by avoiding it. You want to be constantly healing the tank strictly unless you are on the edge of death.

If the 2 other squad members make it to alpha after bravo is down and are planning to plant a charge simply wait for them to plant and then keep laying fire on alpha. Keeping constant fire on the mcomm-station will damage it, and keep enemies from disarming the charge.

Base 3:

Red Line:

Alright so the final base is all that stands in the path of victory and the 2 squad members following the red path are heading straight for bravo and alpha. The other 2 squad members following the green path should be yet again in a tank, wait for them to start heading down their line and then move in on the red path. You going to flank straight for bravo, recommendation for kits would be assault and medic again, a grenade launcher on the assault would greatly help. Run up the road thats going to the right and then flank off wards to the left and run up the snowy path that brings you to the base of the bravo building. Keep a watchful eye for snipers, this is a popular area for them. Once you make it up to the bravo building the quickest route to the objective is blowing a hole in the wall opposite of the door in the back. Once blown down there is only 1 door between you and bravo. Slice it down, move in, neutralize the threats and simply arm it. Once armed take position in the back corner on top of the computer like machines, it is the spot you are least likely to be seen while defending your charge.

Once bravo is destroyed the fastest route to alpha is running straight out of the bravo building and heading to the wall that separates both sides of the base. There are little metal crates in the street that will allow you to jump over the wall and land right next to the alpha building. Enemies are usually not expecting this and place themselves watching both sides of the road instead of the wall. The 2 squad members in the tank will have their attention yet again. Simply run straight into alpha and quickly set a charge. Make sure one guy is outside the alpha building near the wall hiding in some brush to ensure a spawn in case the other dies. The one who arms the charge should be taking position inside the alpha building in the corner opposite to the mcomm station unless the walls have been blown down.

If done right and circumstances are good, you have won the game.

Green Line:

If you're following the green line then 2 engineers are necessary again. The objective here is to take a tank and flank all the way to the left of the enemies base. Follow the road leading out of your spawn and make your way up and over the little barriers in the road to follow the pipeline. Follow the pipeline up the mountain and into the enemies base heading towards alpha and the helicopter spawn, by now your other 2 squad mates if alive should have bravo armed or at least be at/inside bravo. Make sure the tank is being constantly repaired and the stationary turrets are taken out. Reside in the far left corner to avoid stationary turrets while keeping fire on alpha. If done correctly and healed you should be alive by the time your other 2 squad members are hopping over the wall for the alpha charge.

Yet again, if done right and circumstances are good, you have won the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez complete Attackers guide.   Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 am

Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez complete Attackers guide.   Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:18 am

Axx Bytehoven wrote:
I added this thread to the Master Tactics Link.

http://www.13thmeu.org/bad-company-division-f37/master-tactics-thread-collection-t1786.htm#29580

Thanks Byte. Wink
Back to top Go down
victuals
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
victuals

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez complete Attackers guide.   Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:08 pm

+1

More thorough than anything I could make.

Regarding your sig. BC2 does look very pretty on the PC version. Hence why I want to get a gaming PC.

Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez complete Attackers guide.   Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Brano wrote:
+1

More thorough than anything I could make.

Regarding your sig. BC2 does look very pretty on the PC version. Hence why I want to get a gaming PC.

Thanks, I try to make things as thorough as I can while still keeping it understandable.

I have a quite powerful gaming rig however I still prefer the "feel" of the xbox 360 when it comes to gaming recently. I played WoW for quite a long time, about 4 and a half years and quit about 5 months ago. I don't think I could get back into computer gaming anytime soon, I am still on break from it. However I am very tech savvy when it comes to computers and I understand the potential of Dice's new FrostBite engine. It's something we should all be prepared for, start building your rig now! lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez complete Attackers guide.   Port Valdez complete Attackers guide. Empty

Back to top Go down

Port Valdez complete Attackers guide.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top