13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Starting College! EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Starting College! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Starting College! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Starting College! EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Starting College! EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Starting College! EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Starting College! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Starting College! EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Starting College! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Starting College!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Hello 13th members! I'm informing you that as of August 30th I will be starting my classes in an online college.

The general h/pw (hours per week) is said to be 13-17. So on an average I'll probably need 2-3 hours a day for my college work and participation. I enrolled for Secondary Eduction - Social Studies, to become a history teacher. If any of you are in Arizona then you may know the college.. Grand Canyon University.

Just for a heads up my college work shouldn't interfere with my clan activity as 2-3 hours a day really isn't much at all, however there will be days were I will most likely have a lot of homework to get done and that may interfere. I'll let my squad leader of the Apaches know if I can't make it to anything squad/clan related.

Well, wish me luck if you want to! Smile

PS: If you're wondering why I chose an online college vs. campus grounds, it's because an online college will get me the same education, it only costs a little bit more, and it's way more lenient on my schedule Wink
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:21 pm

awesome man. i'm in all online right now too. 20 credit hours, so i know your time consumption being eaten up.

i'm at asu. Very Happy

gcu is a good school, but i think it's pricey. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:34 pm

GHOSTBEER wrote:
awesome man. i'm in all online right now too. 20 credit hours, so i know your time consumption being eaten up.

i'm at asu. Very Happy

Yeah it's pricey but they have some kickass scholarships, just got a $500 starting scholarship and if I keep a 3.0 GPA for my first 15 credits they take $1500 off my tuition fees, then they keep taking $1500 off every other 24 credits. Better then most others had offered me that had the same program that GCU has.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:01 pm

yeah, but if it's something like $10000 a semester, $1500 off isn't a deal compared to other colleges. just sayin.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Technogician wrote:
GHOSTBEER wrote:

i'm at asu. Very Happy

Yeah it's pricey but they have some kickass scholarships, just got a $500 starting scholarship and if I keep a 3.0 GPA for my first 15 credits they take $1500 off my tuition fees, then they keep taking $1500 off every other 24 credits. Better then most others had offered me that had the same program that GCU has.

If you've taken your SATs and ACTs, they tend to take off some of the costs too no matter how well or poorly you did.

I went to a university in 2005, and yearly, it was 27K/year and adjusted for inflation. By the time I graduated, It was up to 32K/year.

Dental school however is gonna be a killer. 57k/year for a total of four years (not taking into account of rising costs due to inflation). Yep. 200K+... Sad

BTW. If any of y'all interested in free teeth cleaning, I'm one to hit up for practice. Very Happy
The catch: You gotta drive out to Southern California.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:24 pm

hope u enjoy college have fun
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Good Luck and have fun in College! Well, online college.

It does seem pricy for online college. But still, hope you become what you want to be!
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Good Luck and have fun in College! Well, online college.

It does seem pricy for online college. But still, hope you become what you want to be!

Thanks man Smile
Back to top Go down
Taylorsux
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylorsux

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Gratz, good luck in college
Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:10 am

Taylorsux wrote:
Gratz, good luck in college

Thanks, can't wait to start. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:12 am

Congratulations man, Good luck with everything!
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 pm

I've had the opportunity to take classes both online and on campus. There is something to be said about campus life and the fun you'll have. Currenly getting my masters online, and it makes me miss the easy workload I had as an undergrad.
Back to top Go down
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:11 am

I'm doing 16 credit hours for a university over on the east coast of Florida, in Daytona Beach. HARD classes but very satisfying. Sadly, I wont be able to game so much because during my first year of college, I did TERRIBLE because I brought my PS3 and 32" HDTV to my dorm room. All I did during my first year was game with all my friends. It doesn't help that my room mate was a huge gamer too.
Back to top Go down
NarcoticDragoon
Sergeant
Sergeant

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Good luck mate!
Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:23 pm

NarcoticDragoon wrote:
Good luck mate!

Thanks Narcotic. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starting College! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting College!   Starting College! Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting College!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top