13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Controller Sensitivity? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Controller Sensitivity? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Controller Sensitivity? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Controller Sensitivity? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Controller Sensitivity? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Controller Sensitivity? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Controller Sensitivity? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Controller Sensitivity? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Controller Sensitivity? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Controller Sensitivity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Controller Sensitivity? Empty
PostSubject: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:29 pm

I have been meaning to ask what controller sensitivity you guys run?

I seem to do best somewhere between low and mid. But I wondered what our better players find the best for them.
Back to top Go down
GraveRaveXD
Site Member
GraveRaveXD

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:02 pm

I stayed at the default setting for a long time but it always seemed a bit clunky for me so i decided to crank it up all the way and I've kept it there since then. Now that i look back its pretty slow at max compared to cod or halo. But just good enough to play decently.
Back to top Go down
Legend 428
Discharged

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:20 pm

3 or 4 notches from 0 i think higher the sensitivity you get the more worse i play
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:08 am

Default setting is way to slow. Mine's set up past mid somewhere
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:38 am

I have mine set up to about middle to mid-high. I need it for the twitch/impulse shooting in cramped quarters. Also, I really find it useful for sniping as I can track targets very easily if I needed to move my crosshair quickly without having to re-acquire the target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:40 am

Does anyone know if any of the stationary weapon or vehicle views move at different speeds based on the controller sensitivity?

Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:49 pm

That it does byte!
Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm

I have my sensitivity as high as it goes in BC2, it always seemed to slow for me otherwise. If I could make it higher I probably would.

Vehicle views and stationary weapons do move faster with higher sensitivity.
Back to top Go down
Legend 428
Discharged

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:37 pm

i play on 6 - 7 notches now and defult seems extremly slow now i cant belive i played that slow before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:09 pm

I know I experience a bit more image motion fatigue (simulator sickness) on the higher settings. Then again I'm playing on a 100" projection screen from about 12' away, so the image fills my field of view.
Back to top Go down
Legend 428
Discharged

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:17 pm

dang thats a preety large screen i play on a 42 inch from about 6 feet away
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:21 pm

It might get bigger. We're planning an addition for the fall which will include a larger Home Theater space, so I may go up to 110" or 120" max size. Any larger and the best HD projectors can't get the image bright enough.
Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:36 am

Axx Bytehoven wrote:
It might get bigger. We're planning an addition for the fall which will include a larger Home Theater space, so I may go up to 110" or 120" max size. Any larger and the best HD projectors can't get the image bright enough.

That is ridiculous, I guess it puts a more realistic perspective into gaming considering so much of your visible spectrum is being focused on the game. I play on a 32" and that is as big as I'd like to go, I prefer my monitors/tv's to be medium sized. Not to big, not to small.
Back to top Go down
Nosmonkey GTR
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nosmonkey GTR

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:22 pm

If i decide to play recon i'll have the settings for medium, any other class will be mid-high /high. I find if i use high with recon i can't get headshots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:45 am

Technogician wrote:
Axx Bytehoven wrote:

That is ridiculous, I guess it puts a more realistic perspective into gaming considering so much of your visible spectrum is being focused on the game. I play on a 32" and that is as big as I'd like to go, I prefer my monitors/tv's to be medium sized. Not to big, not to small.

IMHO, I would be just as happy to play on a good 24"+ size monitor from a given distance. My screen choice comes down to the space I have set up for gaming. My new HT space will be a much better and more traditional HT space. My current HT is kinda small even though I have a pretty good size screen.

If SWTOR ends up only being a PC MMO game, I may very well end up doing some gaming on a smaller screen in my office, unless I dedicate a PC system to the new HT, which I really don't want to do.
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:38 am

I use a mouse Smile

I have the g500 gaming mouse from logitech and i have three settings on there for quick changing the sensitivity...

One is ultra sensitive and this is just for walking around with the ready twitch incase i get hit and have to return fire.

One is around medium sensitivity that gives me good aim when i'm in a seated position just firing and not moving.

and the third is really low sensitivity that gives me good aim when I'm a recon and in scope.

pc gamers should definately try using this mouse I recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controller Sensitivity?   Controller Sensitivity? Empty

Back to top Go down

Controller Sensitivity?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top