13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Electrik Source EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Electrik Source EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Electrik Source EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Electrik Source EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Electrik Source EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Electrik Source EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Electrik Source EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Electrik Source EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Electrik Source EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Electrik Source

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
0veX
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
0veX

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:57 pm

i'm wondering if there is someone who can help me with my little problem just to say if i do need to get a new electrik source or smt else ...

ok here is my problem

for the last week my pc is shuting down because the heat inside is big and i saw that the electrik source is the hottest part... if i touch it burns ... not that hard but i can fell the burn like a boiling water ...

at the first time i tough that happens because the temperature was around 35-40 celsius but during the last 2 days my pc was shuting down even more, every 10-15min when i was using a software like photoshop or playing a game, those days beeing also a little colder 15-20celsius but if i navigate on the internet, etc my pc works normally, as it did before and the heat is the same as it was before i got this problem...

do i need to change my fan system or my source electrik? bounce
though i suspect that the source is damaged and that i need to change cause i dint had this problem in the past... Neutral

if someone is good with pc part i would really apriciate an answer and try to follow it's tip...
Back to top Go down
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Can you find out what power supply you have?
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Is the fan running in your Electrik Source ? Could you post a HiRes (1024x768 or better) photo of the back of it making sure any label is clearly readable ?
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
GhostOps21

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:48 pm

"every 10-15min when i was using a software like photoshop or playing a game"

That sounds like a hot processor, my comp will sometime get too hot and has a built-in shut off to prevent your CPU from frying.
Back to top Go down
0veX
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
0veX

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:13 pm

GhostOps21 wrote:
"every 10-15min when i was using a software like photoshop or playing a game"

That sounds like a hot processor, my comp will sometime get too hot and has a built-in shut off to prevent your CPU from frying.

it does the same thing to me but is too much every 15min ...

and the processor is not hot actually after it shut downs is not hot at all really i'm surprised... the power supply is the hottest

btw is about power supply i couldnt found a proper name before for that part

@Antonio well is a atx 450w p4 230v/50mhz
@Souljah E yeah the fan from my power supply is working
i cant post right now cause my photo camera is in my parents car and now is midnight and my parents are sleeping... and still the keys are at my dad so i cannot post right now ... after i will wake up i'l post a picture with high quality
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:25 am

Hey,
First of all I would advise you to search what part gets too hot.
You can download everst to check the system temperatures while you are using the pc.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml

Can you post a screenshot of everest from like 1 min before shutdown (tricky I know Smile )

Keep in mind that grafic cards can go up to 90°C (for midrange ones) without damage or shutdown (but that temp should be arround 75°C max)

If you were using a laptop, it would be dust (and pubic hear,...) in the cooling ribs.
But a desktop shoulnd't be harmed by that. (But I would advise you to clean the inside (with air pressure or something like that)).
I have had a fried PSU, and a fried mobo because of that nasty dust (not my own pc's, the ones at the factory, they get too much metal dust..)

Let's get your pc back on track ;-)
Back to top Go down
0veX
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
0veX

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 am

too late my pc is dead T_T cause of an electrik shock
i just came from service and they said the motherboard is destroyed and they also tried to test my video card but they could not see if is working
they said they would test all my pc component again on a different motherboard and they will keep me updated about the sittuation

the worst chase scenarios is that i need to buy a whole new pc just because of that
i just hope my video card is intact cause when they changed the power supply the pc could be started but there was no video feedback still i'm not hopping for it

for those who think how the hell can i type if my pc is destroyed? xD well i'm on my sister pc for now
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:38 am

So install BFH on your sisters pc :p
Well, how did you do that? The PSU is expensive because of all the security they put in there. It's hard to blow up mobo.. But you managed to do that Smile

If your mobo is fried there can be damage to some PCI slots too, but al circuits have security to avoid this to happen. I hope you can recover most parts of the wrecked pc.

Keep us up to date what you'll do; new mobo or new pc.
(keep in mind that the guys from computer service will try to get most money out of you, be sure to get all your stuff back (over here they tried to sell my other pc parts when my mobo was fried (the f*ckers :p )))
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:03 am

vanhoucke wrote:

(keep in mind that the guys from computer service will try to get most money out of you, be sure to get all your stuff back (over here they tried to sell my other pc parts when my mobo was fried (the f*ckers :p )))

Ask for everything in individual anti-static bags with the test results for each on a label on the front because your insurance company are querying it, things might magically start working again.
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:05 am

Souljah E wrote:
vanhoucke wrote:

Ask for everything in individual anti-static bags with the test results for each on a label on the front because your insurance company are querying it, things might magically start working again.

so true Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
0veX
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
0veX

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 am

nah i wont think they would do that cause i know the guy is a good friend of my family and also he solved my previous problem with my video card last year Smile

if the motherboard is damaged that can cause some other drivers to not work on that motherboard?

at least with a new power supply my pc started but the video card was not working
he said he would check all my components on my new motherboard and he will tell me what's wrong and not

i dont think something burned cause the pc dindnt shut down himself
i shut it personally dint even played a game i was just chating on yahoo, i toke a break for 1hour and then the pc would'nt even start but at the service he said my motherboard is damaged and there are low chances that all my other drivers could survive the shock

and about bfh i dont think it will work on this pc Neutral what should i say about bf2 no chance but i'l try
Back to top Go down
0veX
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
0veX

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:34 am

allright my problem it's solved, i only lost my motherboard and 1 gb memory ram, i purchased all of them also a power supply.. so now everything is cool
he said i'm lucky that only my rams are gone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Electrik Source Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electrik Source   Electrik Source Empty

Back to top Go down

Electrik Source

View previous topic View next topic Back to top