13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LostCaptain
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
LostCaptain

HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!   HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:29 pm

OK PEEPS, HERE IS MY PERSONAL SUGGESTION:

1: BUY A HAMMER.

2: TAKE YOUR COMPUTER OUTSIDE.

3: USE HAMMER AS MUCH AS NECESSARY.

lol naahhhhh jk jk In reality, i did find a way to really cut down on some major lag.

Doing a bit of number crunching and keyboard mashing inspired by why my pc lags horribly when i play Medieval Total War 2, I looked at the specs. they seemed fine, and all that, but still, horrible lag.
Coming to the conclusion something MUST be done if i was to ever kick henry the 8th's ***, i decided to use the ultimate source of help. The ultimate weapon in any gamers anti lag, anti spam, and anti noob arsenal. Google. the almighty source of power. Through my indulgence of such a weapon, i found the cause of my bodacious lag.

Nagle's Algorithm.

You heard me, its that beast that waits in the bushes and ambushes unwary travelers with insane amounts of lag, to which even the most skilled man could not best with the Ctrl Alt Delete button. But i have slain the beasts minon in my pc. BEHOLD MY NOT LAGGYNESS!!!

So now that you know this beast has a name, it is time to bring it into captivity. KNOW THINE ENEMY::

Nagle's Algorithm is a specific code named after some nerd. It basically limits the amount of packets that come in by a delay of 200ms, allowing the computer to run on the least amount of bandwidth while still remaining operational. This 200 millisecond delay causes massive holes in gameplay, your turing a into a house shooting your m16 per say, and then you are 50 feet in the air in a plane. Serious wtf moment. I searched many a forum and video till i found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQPY-wh9PbU

THE CREATOR HATH BESTOWED UPON THEE, A WAY TO CONQUER THINE GREATEST FEAR. THINE KEYBOARD BEITH MIGHTIER THAN THINE AK47 AT THISITH MOMENT. Basically, its a way to kill that code without a hammer and a crematory.

Pretty straight forward, but really precise, DO NOT F*** UP WHILE DISABLING THE ALGORITHM. I DID NOT, BUT IT INVOLVES YOUR SYSTEM DOCUMENTS, IF YOU DO FUCKITH UP, NO ONE BUT THE COMPUTER GODS KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THINE COMPUTER.

for a clearer and more detailed explanation of the algorithm, here is a rally good one. but dont rely on the way to get rid of it on the explanation, it wont work. use the youtube vid.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091023185800AAZEjcK
Back to top Go down
A bipolar tree
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
A bipolar tree

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!   HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 pm

I dont dont play too many pc games, but Im gonna try this and see how it goes, thanks.
Back to top Go down
LostCaptain
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
LostCaptain

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!   HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Yerp Very Happy I got pissed that i spent 20 bucks on a game i couldnt play due to lag and after i did the vid it was so much better. And since i have been hearing about the occasional lag spike whenever i go into the clan server i thought my buds could use it.
Back to top Go down
A bipolar tree
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
A bipolar tree

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!   HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:49 pm

yeah I did it last night and I can definitely notice a difference when I play Age of Empires 3, Something else I've found that can make a game run better is something called "Game booster", which you can download here if you wanna try it. What it does according to there site is: "Defragments game directories, temporarily shuts down background processes, cleans RAM, and intensifies processor performance.

Last edited by A bipolar tree on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlexIV
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
AlexIV

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!   HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:56 pm

asdf
Back to top Go down
LostCaptain
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
LostCaptain

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!   HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Lol wtf???^^
Back to top Go down
Vattu
Corporal
Corporal
Vattu

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!   HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:16 pm

This helps did this with this video two days ago (didn't see this topic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5fjysf-hUw
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Herttaseiska
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!   HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW TO GET RID OF SOME UBERLICIOUS LAG!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Tech Talk-