13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops Empty
PostSubject: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:08 am

So, I will be buying one of these games when it comes out, but the dilemma is, which to buy?

I'm currently leaning over to the Medal of Honor side, but i'm still unsure.

They are different in areas, but pretty much the same gameplay wise.

Medal of Honor will be like BF:BC2 whereas CoD:BO will be like CoD:WaW.

So, i am in need of my fellow clan-mates to give me some pros and cons of both these games. Also, which one will you be buying (if you are buying either)? and why?
Back to top Go down
Jagermeister_09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:15 am

to those who answer, can you please provide a legitimate answer with reason and not some fanboy style answer like "CoD FTW!"

Last edited by 09_jagermeister on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:19 am

Yeah, i forgot to add that, thanks jager...
Back to top Go down
ZΣRO
Major
Major
ZΣRO

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Well, I haven't played MoH, I've heard that's it's just a rip off of the CoD franchise. I mean the brang a BETA out, and mostly, not many things change. So if somethings bugging you, it might not get fixed. COD: BO, I can't really say if it's going to be good or not, for what they have shown it does look epic, (please no hating for what I say next). I bought WaW a while ago, and i'm enjoying it, I'm not sure why people complain of it being bad. It's just different, if you're scared of change, should you really be playing it?
Back to top Go down
paisaman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
paisaman

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:58 pm

idk, but MoH came first, in 1999 for PS1 and A VERY ASHUM Soundtrack, im trusting on MoH, not in COD:BO
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Unless they fix MoH, or if the beta were to be the FULL game with more maps then I would say Cod. But if they fix the bugs in MoH then it may have a chance idk..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zfinster
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm old enough to remember every medal of honor and COD. MOH came first then when the MOH devs split from EA they went to Activision to make Call Of Duty series. So to be quite honest COD is just MOH with a different name. The new MOH wasn't supposed to be too different in terms of gameplay. The military shooter area is very saturated and contested so don't expect too much in terms of gameplay. There are only so many ways a Dev. Team can mix things up. Also it is a beta which equals out to not finished whatsoever. And yes DICE is changing things about the MP and the big glitches are already fixed. So don't hate on MOH bc your really hating on COD too.
Back to top Go down
Frapnoo
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Frapnoo

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:29 pm

it really depends om which kind of multi-player, cuz thats what most people are probably looking forward to.

Realism and squad work-Moh
Tactical and fast paced gameplay-CoD

-moh-
More of a bc2'ish kind of thing, most people who chose bc2 over mw2 will most likely play this game...even though its still the beta its really like the pb and j between bc2 and mw2.

-cod-
Well it takes part in different countries if im correct and is much lilke cod 5 (as shocky said) but nobody has had a look at the multiplayer quite yet so im not to sure for it.
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Yeah, one of the main reasons i'm leaning over to MoH's side it because every control is the same as BC2 (Or so i've heard).

And the multiplayer on MoH looks good by what i've seen so far on YouTube. I'm sad i missed out on the beta to actually see if i liked it or not Neutral

Can anyone tell me when the CoD beta will come out? Or if there will be a beta?
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:25 pm

ZΣRO wrote:
Well, I haven't played MoH, I've heard that's it's just a rip off of the CoD franchise. I mean the brang a BETA out, and mostly, not many things change. So if somethings bugging you, it might not get fixed. COD: BO, I can't really say if it's going to be good or not, for what they have shown it does look epic, (please no hating for what I say next). I bought WaW a while ago, and i'm enjoying it, I'm not sure why people complain of it being bad. It's just different, if you're scared of change, should you really be playing it?

World at War was pretty good. NAZI ZOMBIES FTW!
Back to top Go down
Tommy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:59 am

MOH, i still have/play the first games of it on the pc(allied assault, spearhead and breakthrough) but after MOH pacific assault the MOH series went down (IMO)

but i'll give it another chance, so i'll take MOH over COD
Back to top Go down
Imdashiznit
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Imdashiznit

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:22 am

In my honest opinion Treyarch has never made a good call of duty and I am assuming this will be no different. Plus they are chugging this one out because of the whole Infinity Ward fiasco. So my initial thoughts is to stay away from Black Ops.
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:21 am

Even though I've been playing the COD series for a long time, I really do want to get the new MOH.

I'll be trying to aim to get both games (even though I'll be shelling out a lot) because I always enjoy playing a FPS.
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:48 am

Yeah, i really want to get both, but i don't have $230 Laughing

Anyways, the decision is over for me with the final blow coming from the Battlefield 3 Beta,
MoH Tier 1!

Thanks for everyones input, will still enjoy reading more comments though
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Shocky BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA WILL BE 4 A FEW WEEKS THEN EVEYONE WILL GET TO DOWNLOAD IT

P.S WOOO BF3 IS ON ps3 ASWEll

ALSO I WOULD NOT SUGGEST COD:BO AS AFTER WAW I MUST SAY COD IS FAILING
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:19 pm

totalwarrior6780 wrote:
ALSO I WOULD NOT SUGGEST COD:BO AS AFTER WAW I MUST SAY COD IS FAILING

How's that? MW 1 and 2 have been incredible sellers since they came out.

Is it the bugs within the game? That's a lame excuse, IMO. Every game is going to have bugs. I'm not saying that the game isn't without its faults but you have to admit that it is a very successful franchise.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:29 pm

im not talkin about bugs its the fact that they cant make a good game they put camping spots in it and a camper with a shotgun will nearly always win in my opiniun if cod want to make a good game they should make them like cod 3 and bf
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:13 pm

totalwarrior6780 wrote:
im not talkin about bugs its the fact that they cant make a good game they put camping spots in it and a camper with a shotgun will nearly always win in my opiniun if cod want to make a good game they should make them like cod 3 and bf

Here is where I have a problem with that. COD 3 is still based on the WWII era, you've got to change things up if you want to keep having a successful video game series.

As much as I enjoyed those earlier COD's, I was very glad that they changed it to the modern era.

It sounds like you're having a problem with how the MP is constructed. No doubt it has flaws and I won't deny that. However, that doesn't mean a call for reverting the series back to its earlier forms or trying to imitate another brand.
Back to top Go down
Legend 428
Discharged

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:33 pm

yeah and medal of honor really takes some skill unlike cod and i used to play cod alot but then i got into battlefield i hated mw2 it defined S*** really the only activision game i like is cod 4 i doent see if moh creaters went to activision they could create somthing like mw2 well i will say mw2s campain is good but spec ops they could have worked on and mp went down the tolite hole to the sewers literally mine did but i think cod bo will be beter since trecarch designed it but i think ill just rent it for now but im defietly getig moh its more teamwork i think cod bo will be beter but its still going to be your same old gunky cod gameplay but im not requesting any trash talk from this post really im just trying to state a point the cod is the same and never changes wait let me rephrase that everytime activision realeases a new cod it get worse and moh which the glitches every1 complains about with out a doubt 100% will be fixed and it just takes more teamwork its just cod isent really a clan game moh is more of a clan game also sorry because this is probally the longest post here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:01 am

I have sold every cod game I have. I just thought they had ruined the game trying to make it better than mw. Battlefield I love I'm already trying to buy bf2. And I always play bfbc2. I can't wait for bf3. Now they have announced it will be on consoles aswll. But in my opinion infinity ward make crappy poo games
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:55 am

totalwarrior6780 wrote:
I have sold every cod game I have. I just thought they had ruined the game trying to make it better than mw.

Specifics about how it was ruined?

Also, if you're saying that the franchise has gone downhill since MW, only MW2 has come out since then. One bad game (in your opinion) doesn't mean the franchise is ruined.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:58 am

projekt3000 wrote:
totalwarrior6780 wrote:
I have sold every cod game I have. I just thought they had ruined the game trying to make it better than mw.

Specifics about how it was ruined?

Also, if you're saying that the franchise has gone downhill since MW, only MW2 has come out since then. One bad game (in your opinion) doesn't mean the franchise is ruined.

i meant after cod 3 so WAW MW2 And MW in y opinion cod has become s*** my opinion

bf has got better each time and MOH will be good aswell
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:33 am

totalwarrior6780 wrote:
i meant after cod 3 so WAW MW2 And MW in y opinion cod has become s*** my opinion

bf has got better each time and MOH will be good aswell

I will completely agree that WaW was horrendous but again, I still fail to see how when COD went into MW that it was ruined.

You still haven't provided specifics WHY MW 1 and 2 were bad games besides a glitchy MP system (which every game is going to have). I just believe that even in MW2's MP system when people camp that it can be countered with cooperation. Hence why we have the Fighting 13th.

Maybe it's because I don't see a FPS mainly for its MP system, but I thought the single player campaigns were great (and obviously challenging when played on veteran).
Back to top Go down
chicken_warrior
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
chicken_warrior

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:18 am

First of all, hi, im new.
Next, i completely agree on everything that projekt3000 has said on this topic. Bugs and glitches are going to happen all the time. Its why they're called glitches, Activision didn't intend them to happen. Obviously.
Oh and in my opinion, the campers are the easiest ones to kill. Why? you know they're there, they don't know where YOU are. He's camping in confined spaces? Take a semi-auto shotty, throw a nade, a couple flashbangs if you have them; get in there and shoot the hell out of him.
Nothing better for personal satisfaction than killing the guy who just killed you Smile Here's another possibility, you didnt take stun/flash x3?? Take claymores and block the two entrances if you thing he'll be back Smile Getting the guy who just killed you and getting him again with claymores is even better xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops   Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops Empty

Back to top Go down

Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty : Black Ops

View previous topic View next topic Back to top