13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Origin of your Name thread EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Origin of your Name thread EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Origin of your Name thread EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Origin of your Name thread EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Origin of your Name thread EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Origin of your Name thread EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Origin of your Name thread EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Origin of your Name thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

Origin of your Name thread Empty
PostSubject: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:00 am

This is original...this is very common amongst RTS forums though Razz

Anyways, I have 2 names really.

My RTS and RPG names are GeorgeCusterd - spelt wrong on purpose....I liked the guy and my rank in a clan I was in or wanted to be in/establish was Major/LT COL. Its real strange, idk Smile

thebronxbomber - It means the New York Yankees because their stadium is in the Bronx and they bombed the hell out of 27 World Series'. (And for the general winningness of their seasons Smile )

Errr, even though baseball isnt my favorite sport, football is, my other alternative was the G-Men or Big Blue because thats the New York Giants' nicknames. But, come on, thats lame Smile

So thebronxbomber it is. If baseball weren't around, my name would be thebigblue or bigblue or g-man or something lol.

Anyways, enjoy the topic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 am

zFinster

z= Beginning of my first Name Zach
Fin = My nickname from school
Ster = dun know my dad came up with his as bfinster and i just kinda put the z in for me xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zfinster
Arondeslo
Site Member
Arondeslo

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:09 am

Ive had many internet names no one has known about...

My very first was when i used to play Star Wars: Empire At War, it was Comjo13

Com=Commander
Jo= First 2 letter of my name
13= idk lol

Then came the name i would stick to which was Arondeslo when i started Runescape 2 years ago. Played for that one year then quit when i found Battlefield Heroes. I dont know how i came up with Arondeslo, I guess its because i wish my name started with an A.

Then there was my first combat arms account which was snipinchicken which idk why i made it xD

Uh.... idk what else but i have more lol

Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
modernwarfare132

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:12 am

williamdanm1
william=first name
dan=middle name
m1=military term used in tanks, rifles, artillery, submachine guns............. ect. ect.
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:18 am

Aron of pwn wrote:
Ive had many internet names no one has known about...

My very first was when i used to play Star Wars: Empire At War, it was Comjo13

Com=Commander
Jo= First 2 letter of my name
13= idk lol

Then came the name i would stick to which was Arondeslo when i started Runescape 2 years ago. Played for that one year then quit when i found Battlefield Heroes. I dont know how i came up with Arondeslo, I guess its because i wish my name started with an A.

Then there was my first combat arms account which was snipinchicken which idk why i made it xD

Uh.... idk what else but i have more lol

I thought your name was Aron Dx
Back to top Go down
Arondeslo
Site Member
Arondeslo

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:23 am

lol Razz
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 am

):
Back to top Go down
Darkbrother26
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:25 am

Well, Darkbrother was passed down from a very long line of people. The old kings of Narnia themselves at one point had Darkbrother 1,2 and 5. Then over the years more Darkbrothers were made. Once there was a great war to decide who would be made the Darkbrother21, it was a long and bloody battle thousands were killed and thousands more were injured. It turned out that the emperor of Japan was Darkbrother23. Then Darkbrother24 was used by a unknown assassins group that killed the whole French royal family. Darkbrother25 was used by JC Denton himself. Then I Dylan came into existence and had to fight Dagoth Ur for the name. At the end of the fight I kicked him to the edge of a cliff and said "Any last words?" He said "GO TO HELL!" then I shot him the forehead with my Nambu and his body went tumbling down the cliff side while I shot him in the kneecap with my Tokarev, and I was proclaimed forever more, Darkbrother26.

The actually story, I was into Oblivion at the time and named myself after the Darkbrother hood and 26 is just cool. Well my favourite number is 6 and the 2 is just there for looks.
Back to top Go down
Da Stook
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 am

Stook, (pronounced Stew-k) is to this day what most my friends call me. It is a play on my last name.
In high school the plate on my 72 chevelle had DASTOOK on it. A gift from a friend... the registered plate not the car. The "Da" was to replace "the" because THESTOOK would not fit on a plate.
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:49 am

Pig Mazurka was the king of the "Pig" type enemies in the Nintendo DS game The World Ends With You.

After you beat the game a special area opened up where you would fight the Pig enemies one by one, leading up to Pig Mazurka.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_67 The first being Pig Samba.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_68 The second being Pig Cha-cha.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_69 The third is Pig Carol.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_70 Fourth, Pig Salsa.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_71 Pig Jig.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_72 Pig Rhumba.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_73 The first of the three extremely hard ones, Pig Tango.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_74 Another extremely difficult Pig, Pig Polka.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_75 The hardest, only taking one hit to kill you no matter what difficulty you played on, Pig Butoh.

Origin of your Name thread Noise_76 My personal favorite, also being showcased in my signature, the King of Pigs.

My avatar is also an enemy in the game as well, but isn't any more relevant.

- Pig
Back to top Go down
ZΣRO
Major
Major
ZΣRO

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:56 am

Well my first name was : thedeathofdawn

I came up with it in AoE3. Not sure how it was made - it's just kinda cool!

Then I went to 13th, my name was long, I felt like a change. I was interested in cool names and i thought of zero. Unfortunately ZERO was already in use in this forum so i made it ZΣRO.

So now im ZΣRO - The Death of Dawn (to stop light from the sun to earth).

Known in Japan as - Mirasukê

lol.

Last edited by ZΣRO on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 am

I have gone my many aliases I started out being called "El Conquistadork" to "Squishy Cotton butt" both were nicknames from various friends of mine. Anyway in 2006 I started playing Gears of War mp and progressed quickly through the ranks causing "Havoc" with the chainsaw bayonet. So then my friends just started calling me Hav0k569 which has just stuck with me
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:15 am

WELL, I was on my way to the kitchen one day to acquire an enjoyable treat, when to my surprise I found myself in a sprawling landscape of fire and brimstone, faint screams echoed in the distance. I walked on for a while, in a daze, until I came to the foot of a great mountain.

"WHO DARES TREAD FOOT UPON MY SACRED LAND" A thunderous voice boomed out of seemingly everywhere.

"It is I! The nameless hungry guy!" I responded, a feeling of impending dread taking hold of my gut.

Suddenly, the ground began to tremble and shake with an immeasurable amount of intensity, and a mighty dragon emerged from the peak of the mountain and swooped downward towards me, creating an immense gale that swept me off of my feet.

*CRASH!!*, the massive demon had smashed into the barren wasteland and stared at me with his equally massive eyes that burned with the intensity of one thousand suns...

"WHY ARE YOU HERE, PUNY MORTAL?" The beast boomed.

"I was on my way to the kitchen for an enjoyable treat and got lost." I responded.

The creature stared me down...

"YOU ENDED UP IN THE 12TH PLANE OF TORMENT, ON YOUR WAY TO THE KITCHEN?"He asked, enraged.

I looked back at him...

... and said "I am not a clever man.".

I then called "AGRO" and my trusty steed flew through time and space, emerging majestically, directly in front of me. I jumped on his back, pulled out my sword, and thrusting it into the air I yelled "TODAY IS NOT A GOOD DAY TO DIE!" and with that, the battle began.

Agro Galloped towards the monstrous demon, dodging fire balls and geysers of pure molten lava with god-like finesse as I blasted the massive meteors falling from the sky with my bow and arrow. As we came next to the abomination I stood up on Agro's back, still holding the reigns and jumped, latching onto one the beasts scales, I began to climb.

After several grueling minutes I reached it's head, but to my surprise the dragon had some weird flaming spider monsters on it so I drew my sword and stabbed them! After all the spider monsters were dead I approached the weak spot and plunged my blade deep within the foul demons skull and it let loose an incredulous roar that shook the very heavens.

I began my descent.

Actually I just jumped off and landed on Agro.

The end.

As for how I got my name, it was originally just "Gog" as an abbreviation for "Greater of Gods" which was my Guild Wars: Factions user name. I know, really bad name but I literally spent 10 minutes trying for names and eventually took a suggestion. Shut up.

The 27's just there because I like the number 27. Hence the Gog27.

I've always thought my name to be quite aesthetically pleasing and original as well as telling a story (To me at least), without needing those generic "xXXXxxXxxX"'s or the other 87 bajillion over used and meaningless abbreviations. I like it, at least.
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:42 am

xXxXMLGxXxPROXxXx
Back to top Go down
victuals
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
victuals

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:53 am

For RPG's, I pick Brano - I don't know I like it.

For everything else, Victuals.

I like food, food related gamertags are great.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:10 am

My GT on XBL was initially SupAhShyGuy like it is here on the forums because I used to not use a microphone in XBL. Communication was dead to me, hence I was a little shy.

However, it just stuck with me.

When it came to getting real good at CoD:WaW, the buddies I used to play with usually had gamertags with the first word being some adjective ending in "Y" followed by a purposely misspelled BagaDonits.

So I had some buddies named ShadyBagaDonits, JuicyBagaDonits... and 20 others with the same motif. Therefore on XBL nowadays, I'm CrazyBagaDonits. I would like to change back to SupAhShyGuy for the purposes of being SupAhShyGuy on both forums and on XBL, but alas, it isn't worth $10.
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:44 am

Brano wrote:
For RPG's, I pick Brano - I don't know I like it.

For everything else, Victuals.

I like food, food related gamertags are great.
The origin of the user names "Victuals" and "Brano" are you like food?

Classy.
Back to top Go down
PaddieBear
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
PaddieBear

PostSubject: In a TV show far far away!   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:50 am

My orignal name was:
haololo
hao: An old friend.
lo lo: A song I used to sing as a kid.

Ah the day PaddieBear was created...the day I saw this show....

I first started with this name on BFH a long time ago on this account...which was hacked sadly.

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/heroes/237058955

I then soon began a trend of different things like PaddieBear, PaddingtonBear, PaddBear, and PaddiBear.

I then found my true calling...BEAR was to be my signature name any account that I had would from there on be known as (SOMETHING) Bear.

Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:44 am

A Souljah is a concatenation of Junglist Souljah. The term comes from a slang term first referring to a person living in a West Kingston, Jamaica area called Concrete Jungle. It's now used to refer to Oldschool Jungle / Ragga Jungle heads, two styles of music I'm fond of and listen to every day.

The E on the end is a reference to Soldier E, the only survivor of an IED attack in Afghanistan in which three of his comrades were killed, probably due to them travelling in a Snatch Land Rover. The lightly armoured vehicle's vulnerability to roadside bombs and other explosives has led some soldiers to call it the "mobile coffin".
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:00 am

My forum name muchosmerc comes from my surname being Mercer, so people would call me "Merc" (Pronounced Mers) and the mucho bit means "a lot/very" and is a corruption of the Spanish word as in "Muchas Gracias". Hence the legend was born.

My gamertag also funnily enough comes from Jamaican culture. A rudeboy is the the equivalent of calling someone a badass. And the EZ bit is as in "Easy now rudeboy". (Though technically being British I should pronounce it "E Zed".)
Back to top Go down
paisaman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
paisaman

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:19 am

i have a alternative net name for game such Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Rise of Nations, its JOJO4761

jo jo= cuse are the initials of my first name José

4761= cuse used to be the first 4 numbers of my grandma telephone number LMAO

and for perfect world Brasil was SICARIO07 (sicario means contract-killer in spanish)

and now for the 13th games and new stuff such BC2 and BFH i use Paisaman

Paisa= here the explanation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paisa_Region , also i born on medellin (that is on the Paisa region ^^)
man= u know why

Last edited by paisaman3 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
modernwarfare132

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:05 pm

paisaman3 wrote:
man= u know why
i know why have no idea why Razz
Back to top Go down
paisaman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
paisaman

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 pm

williamdanm1 wrote:
paisaman3 wrote:
man= u know why
i know why have no idea why Razz

cuse ima a man, not a woman >.>
Back to top Go down
x2ohFIVE
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
x2ohFIVE

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 pm

x2ohFIVE is my own version 005, which is a spin from 007, or the kind of agent that James Bond is. I love the old bond movies! xD

x2- Times 2
oh- 0
FIVE- Self explanatory Smile

In BFH my main soldier's name is Raxxis which was the name of my first Deathknight in WoW. Since I'm SL of Deathdealers Squad, it kinda fits?
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:43 pm

This has been explained elsewhere in the threads but dtiger29 is derived from the dragon and tiger. These two creatures are the primary focus of the Kempo Karate fighting style. I for many years studies martial arts, one of them being Kempo. I was facinated by the quick hand movements and devastation it can cause. So it was either dtiger or tdragon, and dtiger rolls off the tongue better. And 29 is the date of the month I was born in.

BTW x2ohfive, I too am a huge Bond fanatic. Nice to see I'm not alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your Name thread   Origin of your Name thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Origin of your Name thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top