13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Torrenting help EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Torrenting help EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Torrenting help EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Torrenting help EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Torrenting help EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Torrenting help EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Torrenting help EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Torrenting help EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Torrenting help EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Torrenting help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Recently I've had a real hard-on for the total war games, but unfortunately I've lost my copies of Rome total war and Medieval total war 2. (Shogun TW 2's out next year Very Happy ) Sooo... I decided to try and torrent them. (I love the games, so I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't already bought them, I would describe it as "finding" my old copies.) I had a look at a tutorial on youtube and managed to do most of it but I've had some problems mounting the files.

I'll explain what I've done so far (this is for Rome TW):

1. I downloaded Utorrent.

2. I went onto The Pirate bay and found the files to download.

3. After a VERY lengthly wait the files were downloaded. (Medieval TW 2 is still downloading now, it has taken around 10 hours to get to 52.2% - is this normal for a 6.46 GB file?)

4. I mounted the separate files using Daemon tools (which I believe "tricks" the computer into thinking the disk is in the drive.) I read that you are supposed to unmount each file after you've done each one, is this correct? And if so, how do I go about it?

5. I just assumed I'd done it correctly at this point and went onto thefreeinfosociety.com and downloaded a crack.

6. And this is where it lost me, I was supposed to overwrite the original icon in my documents with the new one from the crack, but I've no idea how to do it.

7. I decided to press on regardless and install the game but when after it had installed and I clicked play it tells me I need to insert disc 1, despite the fact it thinks I had already inserted it.

I'm going to try it again with Medieval TW 2, but it's going to take around another 10 hours to do so; so I thought I should ask for sme advice form the more tech-savvy members of the 13th. Any help will be appreciated.

And I thought it'd be as simple as downloading it and playing!

Mucho out
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:35 pm

*Update* I looked it up again and it says then when the window pops up saying "insert disk 1" this is when you're supposed to put the crack into the game files, but when I try to do so it tells me I need another 500 and odd MBs, how would I clear up space?
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:47 pm

If you click on the Daemon Tools icon in the System Tray (Bottom RH Corner of Screen) you should get a list of the mounted disk images.

The crack you have downloaded, is it a No CD crack ? Does the software work with the image still mounted in Daemon Tools or is it just a failed install ?

Also overwriting the file is simply a case of copy and paste. When it tells you there is already that file do you want to replace it you replace it.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:56 pm

I think I've worked out the mounting bit now, it installed with no problems, but when I click play it tells me to insert disc 1 (yes, I think the crack is a no cd crack) . So I went into the folder where I installed it and tried to cpy and paste the crack onto the rome total war installer, but it tells me there is not enough space on rome total war cd 1 and it needs another 8mb or so. I believe I have done everything correctly so far so I assume I am just doing something wrong. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:45 pm

You need to do the install then copy the file over the top of the .exe in the folder you installed it in. You might want to just rename the original and then paste in the new file that way if it's screwed up for whatever reason you'll be fine.

Just to clarify, is the file you downloaded a copy of the RomeTW.exe file or similar ?
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:55 pm

I believe so.

I'm going to try and do it again from scratch, and see if I have similar problems.

When you say copy what do you mean? Because when I tried to paste the crack anywhere it just said that there was not enough room.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:45 pm

It sounds like you're trying to paste the crack into the disk image, which won't probably work. You need to paste the crack into the installed folder on your hard drive.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Just anywhere in the folder?
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
GhostOps21

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:07 pm

It'll usually be in the main directory, so like C:/Program Files/Program/ or where ever the original application .exe is.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Grep the location of the file by searching for the filename eg RomeTW.exe of the crack, it will lead you to the location of the terrorist base sorry not the terrorist base the file you need to replace. You can then just paste in and overwrite the file.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:07 am

Thanks for the help fellers I've managed to work it out now, turns out I was putting the crack into where the computer thought the disk was rather than into the hard drive.
Back to top Go down
HaVoK-69
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
HaVoK-69

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:04 pm

In some cases it could just be a bad crack and you may need a new one. Try downloading one from this site: www.gamecopyworld.com
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Yeah thanks for that, I think I've got the hang of it now. I downloaded spore the other day, so I'll keep that site in mind if I the crack ain't up to scratch.
Back to top Go down
HaVoK-69
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
HaVoK-69

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:31 pm

alright no problem, and btw on downloading games...yes a 6GB file can tend to take a good couple hours it seems to be normal just some are always faster than others due to peer count: amount of seeders. Also if you have open ports for utorrent and a high speed connection it helps as well.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Yeah, once my damned family pissed off for the day it was about 20x as fast.
Back to top Go down
HaVoK-69
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
HaVoK-69

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:46 pm

yep, I tried downloading the stephen king movies collection and it ended up taking like a week before it finished. I was pissed because even to this day i haven't watched them
Back to top Go down
Dr.KamyKazy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Dr.KamyKazy

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:28 pm

torrenting is great! With it I didn't have to pay for like 60 games now + movies and S***.
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:24 am

Dr.KamyKazy wrote:
torrenting is great! With it I didn't have to pay for like 60 games now + movies and S***.

Amen to that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Torrenting help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrenting help   Torrenting help Empty

Back to top Go down

Torrenting help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Tech Talk-