13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Undead Labs. EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Undead Labs. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Undead Labs. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Undead Labs. EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Undead Labs. EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Undead Labs. EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Undead Labs. EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Undead Labs. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Undead Labs. EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Undead Labs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 am

Just thought, I'd spread awareness about something that has recently come to my attention. There is a new development studio out there called "Undead Labs", and their goal is to create a console exclusive MMO that takes place in a zombie outbreak, post apocalyptic setting.

I was skeptical at first, I'll admit. Consoles and MMOs never go together well, but after reading up on their website they explained that the reason MMOs always fail on consoles is because they're "designed" for PCs. This is going to be developed from the ground up EXCLUSIVELY for consoles, no half assed control schemes and bulky menus that lead to new menus and so on, this will be made to accommodate a console controller, and meet the expectations of your average console gamer (They've stated they want to include local co-op!).

I'm personally very excited though the studio is VERY new (Still getting staff together) so development consists of ideas. It's so far... but I felt like sharing.

TL;DR: Console exclusive zombie MMO.

Link to website - http://undeadlabs.com/

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 am

No one is interested? I'm hurt...
Back to top Go down
Ferddy876
Discharged
Ferddy876

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:33 am

Sounds Intersecting.
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:54 am

sounds cool, the consoles need a mmo since the deveoplers of APB have only planned for the pc now (damn them to hell and back)
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
GhostOps21

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm not much of an MMO guy, but kinda cool that someone is deciding to make then for consoles, cause I see MMO as a rather PC thing, mainly cause of macros, and all the little control details, but since it's for a console guy, it seems like it will be simplified a lot. But people will buy it nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:23 pm

hmm I think it could be cool. Depends on what type of mmo though. I'd like a good MMORPG for consoles since it would be interesting and I'm a lover of RPGs. But if it's an MMOFPS then I'd probably rather play a regular FPS that has multiplayer. But if you get any more news tell us, it sounds like it could be cool.
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:22 pm

GhostOps21 wrote:
I'm not much of an MMO guy, but kinda cool that someone is deciding to make then for consoles, cause I see MMO as a rather PC thing, mainly cause of macros, and all the little control details, but since it's for a console guy, it seems like it will be simplified a lot. But people will buy it nonetheless.
That's a very common misconception of console gamers. We are a lot more simplistic than your average PC gamer, but the main reason it will be simplified will be the control restraints. We're not ALL idiots Very Happy .

Sekwaf wrote:
hmm I think it could be cool. Depends on what type of mmo though. I'd like a good MMORPG for consoles since it would be interesting and I'm a lover of RPGs. But if it's an MMOFPS then I'd probably rather play a regular FPS that has multiplayer. But if you get any more news tell us, it sounds like it could be cool.
Well, I'm just going off of interviews and the visions of this Jeff Strain guy, so I'm really keeping an eye out for info.
Back to top Go down
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Sometimes simpler is better. Console gamers don't have to worry about bad lag from a dumpy system compared to everyone else (only depend on internet connection). And I've never seen a Halo hacker yet Razz. Besides, I think a lot of the console games may not be harder control (except for Assassin's Creed (3 buttons just to hop around)) wise but gameplay wise they are quite a challenge. So I wouldn't really say we're dumbed down from PC games.
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:29 pm

Why whenever there is talk about upcoming console mmos everyone forgets about Dust 514. That first person shooter has the chance to be something cool and new. For those who don't know Dust 514 is the companion game to the spaceship mmo Eve Online. In Eve giant space corporations fight over star systems and resources. With Dust 514 people on the pc playing Eve Online will pay mercenaries and mercenary corporations from Dust 514 to invade the planets so that their corporations can rule the starsystem. It sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/destroyrs/

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:00 am

Gog27 wrote:

Its not the fact that im not interested.. its the fact that i already kill lots of zombies on CoD WaW playing Nazi Zombie =P
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:35 am

SA_Osiris_ wrote:
Gog27 wrote:

Its not the fact that im not interested.. its the fact that i already kill lots of zombies on CoD WaW playing Nazi Zombie =P
Well hot damn, son! I'll send a friend request your way and we can kill zombies and GET A LITTLE REVIIIVE together. I haven't played it in a while ... I've got all the maps though.

This is all assuming you play on the 360, of course.

EDIT: Cannot add this person because their friends list is full. Well golly gee.
Back to top Go down
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:00 am

friends lists can get full? I wouldn't know since I just got my xbox about 2 or 3 weeks ago an only have one of my real life friends in it right now Razz
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:55 am

Sekwaf wrote:
friends lists can get full? I wouldn't know since I just got my xbox about 2 or 3 weeks ago an only have one of my real life friends in it right now Razz
Yeah, the limit is One Hundred. What's your Gamertag?
Back to top Go down
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:25 am

my gamertags sekwaf. You didn't read mah signature Sad ? not sure if we play many of the same games though... I'm more of a Halo guy Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Undead Labs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undead Labs.   Undead Labs. Empty

Back to top Go down

Undead Labs.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Other Games Discussion-