13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Turtle Creek Headset EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Turtle Creek Headset EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Turtle Creek Headset EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Turtle Creek Headset EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Turtle Creek Headset EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Turtle Creek Headset EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Turtle Creek Headset EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Turtle Creek Headset EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Turtle Creek Headset

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

Turtle Creek Headset Empty
PostSubject: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:14 pm

What are you thought on this? Has anyone used their products before, if so what do you think.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx4/home.aspx

Dtiger29
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:34 pm

turtle creek? its turtle beach xD I'm gettin the Turtle Beach x11s they are awesome headphones, i recommend em, and also check out astro and triton they make some good headphones as well

Last edited by zfinster on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zfinster
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:37 pm

I use the Turtle Beach Dolby Digitial wireless headset when I play. It's friggin awesome (and pricey)! I can hear exactly where someone is sneaking up on my from with great depth and clarity. I almost feel it's an unfair advantage since you really can't get the same from your TV or sound system...unless you jack the sound up way too loud. I think if you spend the money you will be very happy. It also adjusts the mic volume and your chat volume so you can hear yourself talk (no more yelling and waking the neighbors).

fun with explos
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Yeah they really are remarkable headsets
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:04 am

Sweetness, I am looking at getting the x41 with the dolby sound. They have another set that is compatible with my PS3 and 360, however it is only wired and I don't like the idea of multiple cords crossing my floor.
Back to top Go down
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:10 am

Make sure you get the one you really want and works best for you! Mine are amazing and I can walk everywhere in my living room without distortion...mine will even work around a corner a few feet.

fun with explos
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:20 am

I got the new X11 so I could use them on my computer OR box. Upon using them, I wished I'd waited for the cross/compatible X41s on account of how much I love my 11s. they really are pretty nice, good sound quality, no echo, good mic, solid. The independent Game vs chat volume and voice-back features are really useful and I'll no longer allow myself to live without them.

I'm excited for you.
Back to top Go down
http://dandreyer.carbonmade.com
BulletFlux
Discharged
BulletFlux

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:56 am

Dont I wish...
Back to top Go down
blazinasian
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
blazinasian

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:13 pm

I have two pairs, one for my PC which are the true dolby 5.1 surround sound. The one for my Xbox 360 are the virtual surround sound but they work great. I highly recommend their products.
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:03 pm

i just got mine today, i got a pair of x1's, i love em Smile theyre so comfortable and you can use em for xbox and PC which is awesome, hearing every footstep is perfect for search and destroy
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:02 pm

I ended up getting the x31's. Had'm for two weeks now and they are sweet, an added plus is they drown out the nagging wife factor.
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:28 pm

xD, what games do you use em for? Cuz i will particularly be using them for CoD4, and MW2 since footsteps are a big factor in those games
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:27 pm

question:

i've heard of these before so i was looking into them. the wireless ones - are they rechargeable by usb or do they take batteries? also, do you use the connection on the actual controller or do they plug into the actual xbox console?

how much do they kill the life of the controller batteries?

to users with the wired ones - do they cables bug you? i just notice these are half the cost of the wireless ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Wired headsets are not too much trouble. My HT setup has the equipment rack right behind the main seating area, so the cable run is not too long. I have an open shelf above everything where I can toss the headset while leaving it connected.

Headsets are a must with small kids who might wander into the HT at any time. They also let me play at hours when the HT sound might keep someone awake.

The best thing about headsets, particularly the Tritton 5.1 surround version I just picked up, the sound field is incredible. Battlefield awareness is much improved since Dice has designed in some pretty good SFX as well as pretty accurate directional sound fields that help you hear the direction a shot was fired or footsteps coming up the stairs behind you. It's not always easy to focus on listening but there are benefits when you do.

I also liked the X1 & X11 Turtle Beach headsets. I'd probably be still gaming with the X1 if the dog had not eaten them.
Back to top Go down
HaVoK-69
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
HaVoK-69

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:00 pm

I've seen tons of great things about these headsets.

@Ghostbeer the headset for the wireless sets take AAA batteries in the headset itself and connects to the controller port and the wireless base is plugged into your tv componet jacks and attached to the xbox via USB.

My question was, I noticed the wireless versions had a feature which raised volume of ingame chat when the SFX became louder so you can always hear everyone. Is this feature worth the extra money and are the cables big enough of a hassle to get the wireless kits.
Back to top Go down
A weapon elf
Private
Private
A weapon elf

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:06 pm

I have the PX21's, I love them. I can use them on my 360, or on the PC. I'll also be using them on the PS3 if I ever get one. I've never had any problems with them, I love being able to adjust the bass, along with the chat/game volume. This is one of the sets that has the "chat boost". It makes me wonder what a headset without the chat boost sounds like, ie. if you have to adjust it a lot. They're also great for listening to music. The only issue I've found is the cables are kind of long, but that isn't exactly a bad thing. After a while you forget you even have them on. Go for it!

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px21.aspx
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:19 pm

HaVoK-69 wrote:

@Ghostbeer the headset for the wireless sets take AAA batteries in the headset itself and connects to the controller port and the wireless base is plugged into your tv componet jacks and attached to the xbox via USB.

My question was, I noticed the wireless versions had a feature which raised volume of ingame chat when the SFX became louder so you can always hear everyone. Is this feature worth the extra money and are the cables big enough of a hassle to get the wireless kits.

i have the one with the cord. i love not having to change batteries all the time. the one i have has both, sound for the game and a sound volume for the chat too. there are times when i want to really hear the sound for people running by that i want to stab, so i will turn up both so i can still hear everyone clearly.

it's hard to regulate everyone that talks because i swear some people have their mics facing the back of their head. lol
Back to top Go down
HaVoK-69
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
HaVoK-69

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:26 pm

GHOSTBEER wrote:
HaVoK-69 wrote:

i have the one with the cord. i love not having to change batteries all the time. the one i have has both, sound for the game and a sound volume for the chat too. there are times when i want to really hear the sound for people running by that i want to stab, so i will turn up both so i can still hear everyone clearly.

it's hard to regulate everyone that talks because i swear some people have their mics facing the back of their head. lol

Is that the X11? I thought I saw on the website that only the X41 and X31 or somethin like that had the chat boost feature
Back to top Go down
A weapon elf
Private
Private
A weapon elf

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:35 pm

HaVoK-69 wrote:
GHOSTBEER wrote:
HaVoK-69 wrote:

Is that the X11? I thought I saw on the website that only the X41 and X31 or somethin like that had the chat boost feature

The 21's have chat boost also.
Back to top Go down
HaVoK-69
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
HaVoK-69

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:42 pm

the 21s are wired right? the ones that are like 99 bucks or something?
Back to top Go down
A weapon elf
Private
Private
A weapon elf

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:42 pm

HaVoK-69 wrote:
the 21s are wired right? the ones that are like 99 bucks or something?

They're about 90 bucks total, including shipping. Yes, wired. But for PS3/360/PC.
Back to top Go down
HaVoK-69
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
HaVoK-69

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:47 pm

thanks I'll have to look into that
Back to top Go down
A weapon elf
Private
Private
A weapon elf

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:47 pm

HaVoK-69 wrote:
thanks I'll have to look into that

Yep, np. I'd say they're the best for the price. Now to get my test graded......
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:56 pm

i got mine from dell.com for about $45.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:12 pm

I got the Turtle Beach X41's; and that my friends is why spending more is not necessarily better. I purchased X11's and are better for the following reasons.

1. X41's require an RF signal to function wirelessly, this signal interferes with any Wi-Fi you may have at home. Bummer.

2. Battery eater. I found myself going to Costco for battery piles several times.

3. No HDMI support. You have to run your RCA cables into the TV... that is if you have an HDTV or flatscreen.

4. $200 price tag is $100 more than what would be the next "expensive" for what I believe are the X21's. X11's are $59.99 at Best Buy are extremely worth it.

---

In short, I'll be selling my X41's on eBay. Not meaning to make an ad here but if anyone's interested in purchasing TB X41's, PM me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Creek Headset   Turtle Creek Headset Empty

Back to top Go down

Turtle Creek Headset

View previous topic View next topic Back to top