13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
A few things ive cooked up. EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
A few things ive cooked up. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
A few things ive cooked up. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
A few things ive cooked up. EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
A few things ive cooked up. EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
A few things ive cooked up. EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
A few things ive cooked up. EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
A few things ive cooked up. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
A few things ive cooked up. EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

A few things ive cooked up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dabrolly
Corporal
Corporal

A few things ive cooked up. Empty
PostSubject: A few things ive cooked up.   A few things ive cooked up. EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:59 pm

OK ladies and gents. Ive been studying the maps. and ive stirred up this strategy id like to test into the field.

Vs Enemy Armor
Usable In - Any Map with Trees
Defense

This strategy requires 2 assaults, and 2 recons. Two recons will use the advantage of the ghillie suit to blend in with the trees. The two assaults will preform perimeter checks around the strikezone. As enemy armor approaches, the assaults will smoke the tank then take the defensive position and clear out infantry as a 2 man squad or individually, as the Recons arm C4 on the sides of the enemy armor. Easily eliminating any armor with a nice boom and stealthy retreat.

Advantages
-Provides a degree of skill to the Recon. Hiding is no easy skill.
-Great EXP for the Assaulter
-If Done correctly, All four members of the squad could strike the armor and swap to offensive against infantry in one swift and deadly motion

Disadvantages
-Once done, the Recons will have to MOVE. If they stay in the same spot, they are likely to be spotted.
-If the Assaults do not defend the Recons, the operation could fail. BUT ive noticed that it takes about 4 C4 to destroy a M3A3.

Loadout
-Recon
1. A Midrange weapon (Shotgun + Magnum)
2. C4
3. Armor upgrade (If mission goes south)

-Assault
1. Any weapon they are comfortable with. (Scope with Assault rifle for swift takeout)
2. If assault rifles, equip smoke.
3. Ammo Upgrade/Grenade Upgrade.

*Note* The explosion will be big, do not linger around the tank
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats my first strategy. I will be throwing out more as i think of them.
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: A few things ive cooked up.   A few things ive cooked up. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:28 am

I don't like it. Specific maps would need more planning, and it's not really that easy for Recon men to hide in trees, unless they're extremely still, and on hardcore.

It's much easier to take the opportunity of the tank actually coming to you and having an engineer on hand.

I like that you actually took the time to study and think, though, keep doing that. Hopefully you hit the nail on the head eventually.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: A few things ive cooked up.   A few things ive cooked up. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Good plan, though if you're going to go to that much effort to destroy a tank you might be better off just having four engineers with AT4s or RPG-7s, guaranteed kill if they all hit, and the engineers rock pretty decent weapons as standard so they don't need babysitting.

And just to clarify, it only takes two C4s to destroy any tank.
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: A few things ive cooked up.   A few things ive cooked up. EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:08 am

mushomerc: all too true.

Dabrolly! Thanks for posting ideas! keep them coming! Also, please repost this idea in the thread we already have set up for just such things (called General attack tactics and squad composition - or something like that)

Also, in a general sort of way, guile suits don't count for much in hardcore and count for nothing in regular ( it has been suggested that they make spotting more difficult while the sniper is in a bush, but I have personally found this to not be true, the spotting mechanic is confusing to say the least)

That you've posted a new thread for this makes me wonder if you've read all of our tacitcs threads. If you haven't please check them out and add your ideas there!

Some pointers for future squad tactics ideas:
~The best squads are adaptable

~We can't spend a squad on one armor (think of mining Arica zone 1, and how one and a
half engineer squads kills all their armor all game).

~Recons do best with a wide angle of LOS, we don't want them hunkered down in the forest

~Each class definitely has it's roles (Medic - tickets, Assault - pushes, Engineer - Armor, Recon - Surveillance / stationary distant armor)

~A squad composition plan should be general and loose and allow them to operate on their own within the parameters. (for example, nobody will sit by a road and wait for a tank)

~While on D we're always best served by knocking down trees rather than hiding in them (laguna a possible exception... too many trees)

~Staying alive on D is not that important. For Instance having an assault throw C4 in front of the tank then have a Recon mortar it when it stops would work just as well, even though the assault would die every time.

I feel what the above guys said is true. That said, here's what I like about your plan:
~You're thinking in terms of the squad staying tight together
~You're taking into account the choke points in the levels (I can imagine several specific spots where this would work at accomplishing the mission)
~it's well written and easily understood, even though it's a pretty complicated idea (higher praise than you may think right now)
~You're thinking of the classes performing their own unique roles
~It's an ambush, something we don't have on many defenses
~You included pros and cons

It's really a pretty good Idea

Thanks again on behalf of the 13th. Keep the gray juices flowing.

If you want to get down with more defensive plays, that would be awesome, but on D we're really going for more team-wide plays (refer to Arica zone 1 and 2 defense). Write something up on Laguna zone 1 or 2, use the maps for reference. I would love to help and offer illustrations!
Back to top Go down
http://dandreyer.carbonmade.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few things ive cooked up.   A few things ive cooked up. Empty

Back to top Go down

A few things ive cooked up.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top