13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
9/11 - Never Forget EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
9/11 - Never Forget EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
9/11 - Never Forget EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
9/11 - Never Forget EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
9/11 - Never Forget EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
9/11 - Never Forget EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
9/11 - Never Forget EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
9/11 - Never Forget EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
9/11 - Never Forget EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

9/11 - Never Forget

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

9/11 - Never Forget Empty
PostSubject: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:13 am

12 years ago a truly horrific event, or rather events, happened here in the United States. Being from New York and having scaled the twin towers (well one of them) this date is always pretty somber for me, though not as much as for those who lost loved ones in the attacks.

I'm a day late on this one and I know we have had topics like this before but tell us where you were and/or what you were doing when 9/11 happened or when you heard the news.

I know myself I was scared not for my life but if I recall correctly my mother and two oldest brothers were in a car wreck a day or so before and were at the hospital. Being young back then, I thought the worst and that they were somehow involved in the deadly attacks when I heard the news.

What were you doing when this happened or when you heard the news? (The youngest members of the clan probably don't have any or at least almost any memories of this so its okay if you don't have any--I don't have any memories of when I was 3)
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 am

I remember this day vividly. I was a junior in high school at the time and I just got out of gym class when someone told me what happened.

I had a friend whose parents lived in New York and worked near one of the towers in the WTC. He was frantic to try and get a hold of his parents but obviously no calls were getting through. Thankfully, his parents were alright but a lot others' weren't. I felt for them, all of them.
Back to top Go down
LordDerpyHooves
Corporal
Corporal
LordDerpyHooves

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 am

Many of the classes I am taking constantly study how much 9/11 effected America.

Personally I was too young and didn't have any personal ties with anyone involved to actually form a standing emotional attachment to the events of 9/11.

So it has become more of a "meh" subject for me.
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:31 am

I was about 4 when this happened, so I don't remember any of it as my mother said we were sleeping at the time. I later heard about it and was devastated. I kept thinking to myself "why would anyone do this?" After that I've always been set on joining the military.
Back to top Go down
Omega63
Corporal
Corporal
Omega63

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 12:00 pm

i was about 3, and i don't remember it at all, but i still get pissed off when i think about that.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:39 pm

RIP to all victims and let's not forget the other 9/11 in Chile
Back to top Go down
LordDerpyHooves
Corporal
Corporal
LordDerpyHooves

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm sorry but this has to be posted.

Subway does coupons the Edgy way.

-edit-

So upon further research this is not an official coupon. It was actually created by "The Onion" as a prank. However Subway has honored the coupon and you are (where) allowed to use and obtain the discount.

Well played The Onion. Well played.

Last edited by LordDerpyHooves on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omega63
Corporal
Corporal
Omega63

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:34 pm

THIS IS F**KING BS
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:44 pm

^^Care to elaborate? Also, edited.
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:19 pm

I believe it is in response to the subway coupon lol.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:02 pm

LordDerpyHooves wrote:
I'm sorry but this has to be posted.

Subway does coupons the Edgy way.

-edit-

So upon further research this is not an official coupon. It was actually created by "The Onion" as a prank. However Subway has honored the coupon and you are (where) allowed to use and obtain the discount.

Well played The Onion. Well played.
Man I feel bad...I just ate at subway
Back to top Go down
LordDerpyHooves
Corporal
Corporal
LordDerpyHooves

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Why would that make you feel bad?

Subway didn't create the coupon. They also had the balls to please their consumers by honoring a coupon that was ultimately fake.

I would say give them a little extra business for being such good sports about it.

Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:48 pm

LordDerpyHooves wrote:
Why would that make you feel bad?

Subway didn't create the coupon. They also had the balls to please their consumers by honoring a coupon that was ultimately fake.

I would say give them a little extra business for being such good sports about it.

Yeah I wasn't thinking about them being a good business but I dunno the onion coupon.

I still eat get my $5 sub and a free cookie after my workouts ($5 regular footlongs all subtember long) though
Back to top Go down
paisaman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
paisaman

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:46 pm

i can remember that day , i was 6 when all that happened , it might sound cold but, here in colombia , me and my family saw the 12:00 AM news editions, saw all that happening, and then everyone went to do what we usually were doing.
Back to top Go down
RJBViking
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
RJBViking

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:24 pm

I can't really remember it, but I know I was in the car when we were going to my grandma's birthday (on that very day, yes) and we heard it on the radio. As far as I know, the cakes had to be eaten around the TV that day.
Back to top Go down
ECO_RANGER
Sergeant
Sergeant
ECO_RANGER

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 6:35 am

You were 3 bronx ??? that would make you 15 ....are you sure you wasnt 13 lol ...j/k Actually I was 20-21, and I was working nights at an hatchery (chicken eggs) I got home that morning and fell asleep ...I woke up and had to go to may aunts house.....I distinctly remember trafic jams at all the gas stations and mass confusion...i though t..odd O_o wtf...the price of gasoline sky rocketed from $1.50 to almost $4.00 a gallon ..WOW affraid  WTF was what I was thinking ...whent I got to my aunts house ...i saw on the tv what had happend ...and my Aunt told me while the first plane hit they reported it...and then she said on live tv they seen the second plane hit ... after seein the footage iwent into a rage... a week later I signed up for the us army...had to go get my GED first but did ...and off to basic I went... The fire I felt was pure and i wanted revenge ..so i joined the Army.

I guess that swhat they wanted ...Honestly this was the worse thing I ever thought i would see. .. to note... all the conspiracy theory that are out there are becomeing a harsh reality day by day ...speculations that this was an inside job ment to take away or rights and freedom is all that was for ???

I mean no disrespect when i say this but honestly i feel bad for the victims ..and I have had countless friends kiled in iraq and afganistan.. it so hard to see thing like this and swallow it...
kinda paints a bigger picture... was this done by the people from the middle east...or was it an inside job by our government...just to take or freedoms...we live in a country with great people ... but with all the new evidence that there puling out now ..including the fact that major Engineers all around the world are saying that things like building 7 just feel from office fire ..BS its been proven that this was bs and that they all 3 were controlled demolitions...
Like I say i mean no disrespect here but when major engineers are saying this ..it really hard to beleave that this ws NOT a scam...and if it ever is proved I think its a scam to cover up the biggest theft the WORLD has ever seen ...an we the American people ar paying the Ultimate price for ir ..and its Costing us al our freedoms... but my hart does go out toall the victims and there familys... and just think is what to come in the world tomorrow ... As an american its hard to swallow this ..it's hard to beleave that men are capable of committing hanis crimes like this ...so rather it was the Be laden ...or our own government... eather way ...everyone involved period needs brought to justice ...Capitol Punishment ...to all involved ...but that will not return to us our ..Mothers Fathers sisters brother ...who were lost ...My thoughts and Prayers are with you ..and I hope that one day we can look these killers in to there faces as they Fry for what they have done ....9-11-2001 We Will Not Forget... In the face of evil and in the face terony, The forces of good will prevail ..I can promise you this ...and the US of A...This I will Defend ... I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy, the enemies of the United States of America Foreign and domestic ... Hooah !

Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:48 pm

No ECO, I was not 3 lol. I was saying for the people who are around 15 it'd be hard for them to remember this and I was saying I have no recollections of when I was 3. I barely remember anything from the 20th century Razz

I haven't bought into the whole inside job conspiracy theory...there's too many holes in it for me to believe in it. It's like the moon landings--there are still like 15 million people who believe they didn't happen but there is a good scientific reason for every thing that looked off in the moon landings. There is no wind on the moon but the flag looked like it was floating in the wind because of a bar that held the top so it would look like it was flapping in the wind (If you're NASA would you want the American flag to be dangling or looking like it was floating in the wind?) and there are no stars because it was basically daytime on the moon.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Also RIP to the huge number of citizens of Afghanistan murdered by ISAF troops since deploying in response to that awful crime
Back to top Go down
ECO_RANGER
Sergeant
Sergeant
ECO_RANGER

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:27 pm

~bronxy
Very Happy lol I I feel ya on that one bronx ..and yes i can here in your voice you  sound older than 15 ...the stuff you told me you studied .lol if you was 15  youd be a genious lol .but non of the less we still remember and we will NEVER foerget .. bless those familys ..and let all hope for a better future  Hooah ! Smile

~deathdealer
you know what a lot of bs came out of this ..and were not in the clear yet..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 - Never Forget   9/11 - Never Forget Empty

Back to top Go down

9/11 - Never Forget

View previous topic View next topic Back to top