13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

How would you design classes for BF4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
Yeah that's what I suggested. Ultimately balance is a huge difficulty for an MP game and things that seem balanced on paper may turn out not to be.
Agreed.

Ya know at first before BF3 came out but after we knew what the classes would be, I always thought it was a good idea to incentivize people to play assault more so more people would get picked up and all--but of course it has led to the "rambo-medic" who picks up people regardless of how safe it is or not and the people who play assault for the best weapons in the game while using the medpack as a personal bandage.

Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Well on PC at least there is no reason not to revive unless you would put yourself in danger. The dead player can be revived constantly if they do the right thing
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
Well on PC at least there is no reason not to revive unless you would put yourself in danger. The dead player can be revived constantly if they do the right thing
So someone being revived isn't fully lost if he is shot killed within like a second of being revived?
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:33 pm

If they hold spacebar after they are dead, pretty much no.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:48 pm

What is the spacebar the equivalent of for the console....? The "X" accepting the revive?
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:18 am

Yeah accept revive I think.

If you hold that and as soon as you are revived press prone and change weapon you are revived with full health and your primary out
Back to top Go down
Mckrack
Corporal
Corporal
Mckrack

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:54 am

I do not see much of the difference of dividing the assault into two just because he has defib.

I would take

Assault -Medic
Support
Engineer
Sniper
Pilot -with access to PDW's especially and fancy pistols. Spec in more stabilized handling of air vehicles and near escapes. More unlock items for vehicles.
Spec-ops/ Commando can twist neck -bare hands kinda thing. Lol!

I think they should bring more skins in terms of uniform depending on the location and setting of the map like Ghille suit for snipers in desert or forest kinda background theme.
Back to top Go down
d_Paladin b
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
d_Paladin b

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:56 pm

CaptEdster wrote:
Totally balanced...

Yeah sure ... Like THAT will ever happen!

I like the idea of giving different 'nads to each class ... and making Recon less sniper orientated. swapping C4 for Breaching or Demo charges seems like a good idea too as C4 is a bit ridiculous in BF3 ...

Overall just give us variety, customisability (let us use ALL the rails/attachments points! not just 3!)
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Yeah, more sights would be cool, with different reticules, different stocks, grips Very Happy
Back to top Go down
d_Paladin b
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
d_Paladin b

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:04 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
Yeah, more sights would be cool, with different reticules, different stocks, grips Very Happy

Yeah! Dude ... Make it more like CoD! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:52 pm

ASSAULT/ GRENADIER-
PRIMARY:Assault Rifles
SECONDARY:Pistol or Grenade Launcher
EQUIPMENT: Flash bangs or Smoke grenades

MEDIC-
PRIMARY: Assault Rifles
SECONDARY: Pistol
EQUIPMENT: Defibs and Medkit

COMBAT ENGINEER-
PRIMARY: Carbines
SECONDARY: Rockets/ AT Launchers
EQUIPMENT: Mines or C4

AUTOMATIC RIFLEMAN-
PRIMARY: Light Machine Gun
EQUIPMENT: Ammo Resupply

RECON-
PRIMARY: PDW's or DMR's (EG: M14, M417,...)
EQUIPMENT: Motion Sensor, Spawn Beacon

SNIPER-
PRIMARY: Sniper Rifles
SECONDARY: Pistol or Machine Pistol
EQUIPMENT: Range Finder/ Binocular style Soflam

WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION:
Be a wide variety of...
SCOPES
STOCKS
BARREL LENGTHS
SUPPRESSORS
RIS SYSTEMS
GRIPS AND FOREGRIPS
(Like MoH but not as in depth)

PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION:
Be able to choose from different....
SUNGLASSES
TAC. VESTS/ PLATE CARRIERS
CAMOFLAGE (between ghillie and BDU's for snipers)
CHARACTER MODELS (facial features)
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:37 pm

I like the first four apple but I can't justify splitting the current recon class into Recon and Sniper.
Back to top Go down
Mckrack
Corporal
Corporal
Mckrack

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:46 am

Stop guessing guys.
It is confirmed as 4 like in the previous game.
You can choose 2 sights. Red dot and scope esp on sniper rifle.
Now you can see the damage, range and other variables on kit choosing screen.
In one on MP map (NDA) there is a whole city, i mean the whole fucking city with service road bridges and high ways.
Remember the tank sight from the very first bf3 demo is back.
There is some vehicle hard to define as such but carry more soldiers.
The perks are the same just that they stack in horizontal line rather than vertical in bf3.
There are three flag points to capture in the whole match; i am not sure how to say that but map can play very big or very small depending on how u play.
Now most of the building are accessible to the very top floors. and snipe through windows.
C4 and controller is the same as before.
U get battle packs, this is how u unlock scopes and accessories and not weapons.
The previous weapons are all on the list.
Black guys is the support this time and he is huge compared to others.
No ghille suit this time.
There are ways to bring the whole loads of buildings down.
Lol...
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:23 am

What?
Back to top Go down
The Dare D3vil
Private
Private
The Dare D3vil

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Here are mine, with an explanation at the end.

Assault
Assault Rifle
Handgun
Shotgun Option
M320
Frag
Breaching Charges?

Medic
Shotgun
Handgun
Defibs
Medikit
Frag
Spawn Beacon?

Engineer/Pilot
PDW as only primary
Handgun
Repair Tool

Anti-Armor
Carbine
Handgun
Shotgun Option
Mines
RPG/SMAW/Stinger

Support
LMG
Suppression skill (See explanation)
Ammo Box
Explosives Box?
Handgun
Claymores
Mortar?
Spawn Beacon?

Recon
Sniper Rifle
SOFLAM/MAV
Rangefinder
Handgun
Carbine
C4
Spotting Skill (see explanation)

Part of this has to do with the roles I think the classes should have.

Assault is just that: assault. Up in your face, mid to close range, taking objectives and clearing buildings. Medic, in my book, should be a slightly more supportive role; medics should back up assaults and other classes but not have the same offensive capability.

I don't think that pilot and anti-tank roles should ever have been combined. Perhaps I'm alone in that belief. I think vehicle pilots should be able to repair and defend themselves (PDWs are what are mainly issued to tank crews IRL anyway) but that's it. Anti-armor packs a larger punch, able to destroy vehicles and still be somewhat effective against personnel.

Support is basically the same as it is in BF3, except for the loss of C4. Also, I like what BF4 is doing with the suppression mechanic, if I understand correctly. Only letting support be able to suppress encourages players to use it to back up assaults and medics while they rush in to take objectives.

Recons are more of a specialty troop. Rangefinders and sniper rifles would work for the long range capabilities of the class. They would live up to their name through spotting and the use of the MAV/SOFLAM. They could also get a little more up close and personal with their carbines and using C4 to eliminate specific targets.

As far as spotting goes, I just think it's too strong in BF3. My idea is this: change it so that any class can spot, but only an audio spot. A callout, basically. Recons, on the other hand, can actually put an enemy on the map (but they are the only ones who can).

Wow, that was long. Those are my ideas, and I'm sorry about the length of the post. I hope I didn't forget anything. study

EDIT: I did forget something. I didn't think about spawn beacons. I'd probably give them to either medics or support, but I'm not sure what I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How would you design classes for BF4?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top