13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA   Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:03 am

Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 530874_498355516864566_692779100_n

This help?
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA   Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:08 am

I'd say i agree with splinter. Only "drug" I do is chew.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA   Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:30 am

I see your George Carlin photo, and raise you a Carlin Record. (Yes, it is from my record collection!)

Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 00516
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA   Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:46 am

If marijuana was legalized throughout the U.S. it could be taxed and regulated by the Federal Government. Freeing up law enforcement, prisons, time, effort, tax dollars, etc. to put towards fighting the really harmful drugs like cocaine, heroin, crack.

With that said, unmoderated usage of marijuana can have negative, long-term effects. Destroying brain cells, dulling sensory perception, etc. Combined with alcohol, it can really screw up someone's senses..just think about if they were driving.

This isn't to say that the most widely accepted, and most abused drug is still to combat..the aforementioned alcohol. Right up there with caffeine and nicotine, it's a drug that everyone (and I mean everyone) embraces but doesn't (or won't) see as a big time problem worldwide.

It's used, promoted, celebrated (even idolized in some cases) throughout television, radio, cinema, music, and in every conceivable media outlet known to mankind.

I'm not here to preach temperance by any stretch of the imagination but there has been a much longer "war on drugs" with alcohol then there has been with any of the aforementioned drugs. I don't foresee anything changing in this arena though for a very long time, probably another millennia.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Jester_TCoD
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jester_TCoD

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA   Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 4:32 am

The big issue in this whole thing is control and monitoring. It can not be controlled anytime soon. There are to many out there that are growing it. The second part is monitoring it. As for alcohol we have BAC tests. In the majority of the USA a BAC of .08 is drunk and for commercial drivers .04 and legal issues arise if caught driving (just using this as an example since I know the numbers). Now we have tests that can say yes there is/was THC in this persons system but not a good way to tell how much. The biggest part of control I see is making up and having agreement on the rules. Is it ok at home? Walking down the street? Driving? at work? ect.

Last edited by Jester_TCoD on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling grammar)
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA   Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:15 pm

BAC is useful only when someone is clearly identified as drunk and are pulled over for it. How many people have died because of drunk drivers? Too many to count.

The point I'm making is that alcohol and "buzzed driving" seems to be so widely and commonly accepted despite that it is technically drunk driving. The reason for this is because of how society has incorporated alcohol into so many things in everyday life.

I've seen (and unfortunately experienced) how alcohol in excess can do so much damage not only to yourself but to others around you. This is the problem with any type of drug and/or addiction, it destroys yourself and the people that care about you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA   Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marijuana Passed for Recreational Use in USA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top