13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame Empty
PostSubject: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:10 am

Title says it all folks! EA/Dice has stated that there will be no new weapons as promised and advertised for Aftermath and End-Game. They didn't even come out and say anything until people on battlelog discovered they took the new weapons bullet point off the dlc descriptions. Apparently B2K and CQ counted as the 20 weapons we were promised. I for one am done with BF3 and switching to MoH:Warfighter and AC3. This is not really a rant but EA also made false promises saying that there would be 5 vehicle unlocks that we could take back to vanilla BF3 and then right before AK came out they said that this would not be the case. From what I've heard they are also thinking about taking more features out of the last two expansion packs.
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:17 am

Meh, I've come to expect these kinds of things from EA. I'll still be playing BF3, as much as EA can deceive us, it's still a good game.
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:39 am

I love BF3 but DICE making false promises and conning the community into buying premium with all these nifty expansions and then taking half of the content out of what you've already paid good money for is laughable at best.
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 am

It is laughable and distasteful on their part, but one does not simply buy any EA game without expecting to get fucked over one way or another Laughing
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:45 am

Well DICE started the buttfuckery by ruining MoH 2010 by totally ruining it's multiplayer so it wouldn't compete with any other shooter thus staining it's good name. Then there's the premium bullshit then there's all the false advertising and money grabbing. Honestly they should have never even screwed with the weapons to begin with and just focused on making the game run better.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:14 am

meh I bought premium because you save money on the expansions. The extras to me are just extras. not buying MOH I think it will be bad, Will stay playing BF3 it'd still a great game. but when hitman comes out woooopppp
Back to top Go down
Dreamon988
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:22 pm

someone should litigate them for false advertisement!
Back to top Go down
ZANNARAGE
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ZANNARAGE

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Dreamon988 wrote:

ME Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dreamon988
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:32 pm

ZANNA-CRRN-96 wrote:
Dreamon988 wrote:

ME Very Happy

Do you have a few million dollars to spare at least?
Back to top Go down
ZANNARAGE
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ZANNARAGE

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:36 pm

No, but I got an HULK !!
Back to top Go down
Dreamon988
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:39 pm

If every player pitched a dollar then you can litigate them to the stone age Smile
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Well DICE can say all they want, in a way. It's EA that has the final say, which sucks for the developers. It's mostly the publishers that ruin a game. Pretty much happens with all the entertainment industry; telling musicians what kinds of songs and sounds to make, movies in whatever guidelines they have. etc etc.

In either case, I don't think you can be mad at DICE. That would be like getting mad at a Auto designer putting all his features up to public, then Audi or Toyota, or whatever comes down and says NO NO NO, can't can't can't. Would you be mad at the designer or the manufacturer?

It does suck that what they mentioned is not happening. I'd like to pull in a M1128 to Caspian or get some quads on Firestorm. But as for new weapons, meh, what more weapons could you want. I can kill just the same with the weapons they have or whatever other weapon they were suppose to come out with.
Back to top Go down
redviper911
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
redviper911

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Trister wrote:
Well DICE can say all they want, in a way. It's EA that has the final say, which sucks for the developers. It's mostly the publishers that ruin a game. Pretty much happens with all the entertainment industry; telling musicians what kinds of songs and sounds to make, movies in whatever guidelines they have. etc etc.

In either case, I don't think you can be mad at DICE. That would be like getting mad at a Auto designer putting all his features up to public, then Audi or Toyota, or whatever comes down and says NO NO NO, can't can't can't. Would you be mad at the designer or the manufacturer?

It does suck that what they mentioned is not happening. I'd like to pull in a M1128 to Caspian or get some quads on Firestorm. But as for new weapons, meh, what more weapons could you want. I can kill just the same with the weapons they have or whatever other weapon they were suppose to come out with.

What more could i want?

Obviously i would want this..
EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame Minigun-Wheelchair-1
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:54 pm

What? That would be cool. Not really the best off-road vehicle. Wait, I thought you didn't like ground vehicles?
Back to top Go down
InfiniteXCLUSIV
Corporal
Corporal
InfiniteXCLUSIV

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

I saw this comparison of the BF3 premium ad:

This is the ORIGINAL one (3 months ago)

EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame Battle10

The new one:

EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame Battle11

Just can't believe DICE/EA is doing this to their "beloved" community. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Austynn wrote:
Title says it all folks! EA/Dice has stated that there will be no new weapons as promised and advertised for Aftermath and End-Game. They didn't even come out and say anything until people on battlelog discovered they took the new weapons bullet point off the dlc descriptions. Apparently B2K and CQ counted as the 20 weapons we were promised. I for one am done with BF3 and switching to MoH:Warfighter and AC3. This is not really a rant but EA also made false promises saying that there would be 5 vehicle unlocks that we could take back to vanilla BF3 and then right before AK came out they said that this would not be the case. From what I've heard they are also thinking about taking more features out of the last two expansion packs.

..but you're a squad leader for the Apaches,..a COD squad.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:58 pm

On a better note, I did notice on Battlefield's twitter feed when they were asking for recommendations.

Someone responded with possibly merging BC2 maps to BF3, ala BC1 to BC2, to which they responded that it was a great idea, or something along the lines.

Which I think is interesting, as recommendations are usually pushed aside with a response of "Have you posted this on the wish list in the forums yet?"

I'm sure it'll come out as nothing, but would be great if they did.
Back to top Go down
GoldFusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GoldFusion

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 am

i think its just all on EA or the BF3 is just moving on to designing the new BF4, kinda of a good thing i didn't buy the game. Hope BF4 rips BF3 or it's going to be like the those titles where MW2 had the same graphics as MW3, which would be a waste of money.

Whatever EA is doing, hope its the right decision by them ultimatly whatever they do is going to affect them. Unless they keep us motivated to buy their products even though we hate EA. Razz
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 am

It's not really the point though Gold, they are basically taking away something we payed for
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:54 am

They did say around 20 new weapons when they annioucned premium which is what they gave.

Yes its been misrepresented by hey your getting DLCs early and cheaper
Back to top Go down
InfiniteXCLUSIV
Corporal
Corporal
InfiniteXCLUSIV

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 am

totalwarrior6780 wrote:
They did say around 20 new weapons when they annioucned premium which is what they gave.

Yes its been misrepresented by hey your getting DLCs early and cheaper

Well premium still gets the DLC's earlier and cheaper, but that's not the whole point. What I meant was that they screwed us over with new weapons for AFT and EG, but then they quietly removed those features by putting a new premium description on which does not say new weapons. First of all that's false advertising, and secondly they respond to community question about that with saying it was a "miscommunication between departments". Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 am

Does anyone know whether it was EA or DICE who cancelled these new weapons?
Back to top Go down
InfiniteXCLUSIV
Corporal
Corporal
InfiniteXCLUSIV

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 pm

SuperShocky wrote:
Does anyone know whether it was EA or DICE who cancelled these new weapons?

No ,but most likely EA, since they are the publishers they have the final saying of the game's content.
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:48 pm

Well that's something I haven't worried about yet goldfusion, DICE has been innovative enough with each new iteration of battlefield so far. I haven't been dissatisfied with the expansions so far, having a fairly good time with each one of them but I was actually hoping for some new weapons. I realise the current selection of weapons is adequate, and that there is a pistol and rifle for every class for every situation, but we still haven't seen any new pistols, I'd love to see a Five-seveN

Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 am

projekt3000 wrote:
Austynn wrote:

..but you're a squad leader for the Apaches,..a COD squad.. Neutral

I know but I do split my time up between MW3 and BF3 and the BF series is close to my heart. It just irks me that a company I had respect for would blatantly use false advertising to make us buy into something beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame   EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame Empty

Back to top Go down

EA/DICE cuts weapons out of aftermath and endgame

View previous topic View next topic Back to top