13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Fire Drill Rules EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Fire Drill Rules EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Fire Drill Rules EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Fire Drill Rules EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Fire Drill Rules EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Fire Drill Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xbearer
Site Member

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:05 pm

I thought these were clear, but when falcons squad starts losing, they became unclear, so here they are, to be followed even when you are losing endrane. yeah, i just called you out Very Happy

1. no commander
2. No snipers ever.
3. armor vehicles, attack choppers, may not be used, ever.
4. jets may be used by attacking team for transport only, must stay above 100 m alt.
5. transport helos and jeeps are to be used for transport. their weapons can be used and they can be used for road kills.

I thought these were clear, but apparently they can be bent. Please dont exploit "loop holes" the purpose of the drill is to build teamwork and tactics to overwhelm the enemy. cheap tactics will get you no where. neither does complaining.
Back to top Go down
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:38 pm

don't you think it's a little harsh? I see why no snipers or commanders and no armor to an extent. But armor can be destroyed if it's not firing back (which it won't be). and what's the difference if someone uses a transport heli or an attack heli? and since when can we use turrets on jeeps and transport helis Shocked ? I'm not trying to argue I just want some reasoning for this sudden change of rules. And defending team should be able to use anything attacking team does or else it's not an equal playing field and nt really an accurate training exercise. once again not arguing, just inquiring.
Back to top Go down
xbearer
Site Member

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Sekwaf wrote:
don't you think it's a little harsh? I see why no snipers or commanders and no armor to an extent. But armor can be destroyed if it's not firing back (which it won't be). and what's the difference if someone uses a transport heli or an attack heli? and since when can we use turrets on jeeps and transport helis Shocked ? I'm not trying to argue I just want some reasoning for this sudden change of rules. And defending team should be able to use anything attacking team does or else it's not an equal playing field and nt really an accurate training exercise. once again not arguing, just inquiring.

what purpose would using armor/jets/attack helicopters have? none. just simply use the transports for transports.

why do you want to use armor? yeah, to gain an advantage, thats what i thought.

its harsh because you guys kept finding "loopholes" so i plugged up the holes with zero tolerance.

ok, the defenders can use jets [the only thing they cant do that the attackers can], what exactly do you plan to do with it? nothing. play smart guys. last night endrane flew off in an attack helicopter for no reason at all. the defenders are supposed to stay and defend. not fly around for the hell of it. and as a result me and maggot easily took the flag. if you guys played smart instead of cheating and finding loopholes and screwing around, you wouldve won with your 3 on 2 advantage. but instead you cheated but me and maggot still kicked your cans.

and i decided we can use turrets since i wanted to last night, but didnt [because it was against the rules] so i made a change.

play smart. dont like it, dont play. delta squad can handle it, can you? [just inquiring, not arguing]
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Thanks xbearer, thanks.
Back to top Go down
xbearer
Site Member

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:52 pm

do what i can Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:02 pm

yes we can handle it. If you really must know, Endrane had reason to fly off. He was securing flags on our flanks (like the warehouse) so that you couldn't spawn there. Endrane also was a scout, we warned us of you guys if he saw you. I don't care about the jet thing because there is no use to defenders. And armor is probalby one of the easiest things to take out, considering how big and slow they are and they have no attack capabilities (in fire drills). You could've used armor too you know. but I'm done arguing here because it's pointless and what's done is done. And don't blame the entire falcons squad please, the only thing I personally did was ride in an armor which could've been blown to smithereens in about 4 seconds (use your head for that). I'll not argue, so if you want to, it will be with yourself.
Back to top Go down
UnlitAssassin
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
UnlitAssassin

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:07 pm

so what exactly are the right rules as it seems there is a lot of disagreement here
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/akc_raven/andysrtwsite
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:27 pm

meh, I'm fine with it as long as the rules are established before-hand. It's jsut that he started yelling at us when we did something that wasn't wrong at the time. But as long as everyone has the same rules and they're established beforehand it's fine.
Back to top Go down
xbearer
Site Member

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 am

Sekwaf wrote:
meh, I'm fine with it as long as the rules are established before-hand. It's jsut that he started yelling at us when we did something that wasn't wrong at the time. But as long as everyone has the same rules and they're established beforehand it's fine.

i felt like they were previously established, but clearly they werent, so i laid them out here.
Back to top Go down
MaliciousMaggot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
MaliciousMaggot

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 4:53 am

delta squad..falcon squad...any other squad.....yes we are seperated by squads but united as a clan..lets not let that get away from us. when we ALL join a game we will have to work together as Squads. Squadleaders need to comjunicate together with precision and clarity, Squadmembers need to follow orders to a T. Fire drills train us for just that. Lets work together not against eachother to come to a conclusion....personally i think it would have been better if Endrane capped those flags and flew back immediatly to our aide but i was not in the position to tell him so as he was the SL. and i thought that Xbearer could have handled a bit calmer...xbearer was getting to frustrated with endrane.. YOU both were right and you both were wrong..in my oppinion. but let us learn from history and not let it repeat itself
Back to top Go down
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:00 pm

well put, and hopefully we won't have any more 'discussions' like this. And yes this is partially a problem with comunication. I too wanted to tell Endrane to come back after he capped those flags but he's still my SL and I can't order him. But as long as all the rules are made clear before-hand it's fine. As long as the rules are followed by everyone that is. Only one person playing dishonestly can ruin it.
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:50 pm

D: i r bad boy :'(
Back to top Go down
xbearer
Site Member

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 pm

in my opinion, if the game is on the line [as in real life, if lives were on the line], i think squad members should respectfully say, hey endrane, come back and defend with us, you arent doing any good out there. i think the CoC should be breached in situations like that. where you think a leaders actions could compromise the mission. i would expect my squad to tell me i'm not doing something right.

like maybe i was in the wrong, but the first time we did firedrills, when it was me, fin, sekwaf, and endrane, both times when i was with endrane and sekwaf, i made tactical judgements on an assualt, because i have the experience edge. in my opinion, exceptions should be made in situations like that. i made the call on how we would assualt because i had experience. maybe i was wrong to do so. but we won.

regardless of the expected CoC in combat, i expect my squad to tell me if they think I am doing something out of line or something they think will impede on the mission.
Back to top Go down
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Good point, I will of course take this as permission to boss Endrane around like my slave now (jk).
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Yeah SekSek you coulda told me I was, even though I was capturing all the bases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fire Drill Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Drill Rules   Fire Drill Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Drill Rules

View previous topic View next topic Back to top