13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
high_roller5634
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
high_roller5634

DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" Empty
PostSubject: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Anybody else wondering what is going on over at DICE? Before the game even came out Lars Gustavvsson of DICE said quote "there is a massive (DLC) plan". They haven't even announced anything past Back to Karkand which everyone new about before BF3 even came out. What are some of the maps everyone would like to see brought back for BF3?
Back to top Go down
jester860
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
jester860

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:31 pm

I care more about them patching the game before dlc.
Back to top Go down
high_roller5634
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
high_roller5634

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Well we already know a patch is coming next month. However there has been no talk about DLC. Just thought by now we would at least have had an announcement after the statements that were made.
Back to top Go down
ECO_RANGER
Sergeant
Sergeant
ECO_RANGER

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:40 pm

I haven't seen any of the maps but I know a few from BF2 are there ! scratch Heres one ..if it's already there sorry ... Kubra Dam, Road to Jalalabad, Operation Road Rage, Operation Harvest, Ghost Town, Iwa Jima (not part of BF2 but its in 1942 & also BF2's Project Realiy Mod). these are good ones trust me..especialy Kubra Dam ..Fly through the holes in the dam. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zedap
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Zedap

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:43 pm

I want Operation Road Rage :3
Back to top Go down
deadwolf12
Sergeant
Sergeant
deadwolf12

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Brand new maps and maybe increasing the amount of players per lobby for the consoles would be great
Back to top Go down
Breezeman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Breezeman

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:56 pm

I agree with Jester.

On PS3 they need to fix voice comms, as well as figure out a way to either let users host their own servers or make it possible to group up with more friends/clan members than the current 4 person limit.

Clan Deploy on MAG was awesome. You could even do a friendly group of up to 16 people in MAG. Why cant they do the same with BF3?
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Oh trust me, you'll see them come out with the DLC bigger than ever soon. When game companies don't release info, that means they are actually working on it atm. BF3 will probably have more DLC than any COD.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
high_roller5634
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
high_roller5634

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:17 pm

From what I have read the patch coming "sometime next month" the voip issues will be fixed with that. As far as gameplay i.e. more people in each map, I completely agree with you. Big open maps like Caspian Border for example, there are just not enough people to give it the experience that a lot of players are looking for. You can easily go that entire game if you are PTFO and get 5-10 kills. You might go a full couple of minutes and not even see anyone to shoot at. From reading it seemed that they put graphics in front of gameplay. You have to admit the graphics on BF3 are pretty sweet. For them to accomplish this they had skimp somwhere. Just think about what it takes to run each server with the current grahpics and all the "non planned" explosions that happen during each match. This is the reason for the current number of players in each game. As far as private servers I know that it is in the works for consoles as far as if anything ever comes of it I have no ideas. What DICE has said is they were waiting to see the response to BF3 to give them the best idea of how many servers they would need. Hope that answers some of your questions.
Back to top Go down
Breezeman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Breezeman

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Well my issue is not so much of the number of players per map as to the number of friends that can join a server together. Right now, only 4 people can group up to go into a server. That I think is Crap for a game requiring so much teamwork. They need to allow for large groups, (real life squads, not these 4 man fireteams), to be able to group up and join servers together, as well as communicate with each other.
Back to top Go down
high_roller5634
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
high_roller5634

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Bad thing is it is near impossible to get 1 squad of 4 people on the same team. It would be almost pointless at this time to grow the sqauad count but totally agree with you.
Back to top Go down
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:18 pm

it would be awsome for private servers and i REALLY hope their putting in a new never before seen game mode in the BF series (like survival or VIP or something like that or maybe air assault like bf1943 idk wat its called)
Back to top Go down
https://13thmeu.forumotion.com/forum
dudeitshickey
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
dudeitshickey

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 pm

I hope that they announce something soon, and it better be like BC2. the DLC system in that game was perfect. <3
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/dudeitshickey
mekline
Mek's Rank
Mek's Rank
mekline

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:59 pm

as long as they dont bring back bc2 maps like people want im happy
Back to top Go down
dudeitshickey
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
dudeitshickey

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:23 am

New content is always better than remastered stuff. I bought a new game, I want new maps.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/dudeitshickey
mekline
Mek's Rank
Mek's Rank
mekline

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 am

all i ever see on the battlelog forum is people wanting a dlc of bc2 maps
Back to top Go down
dgb1119
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:56 am

just to be "that guy" if anyone even knows what im talking about, but there somehow dinosaur related dlc theyve been hinting (or just playing with the fans to get hype up) xD
Back to top Go down
billwardak
Sergeant
Sergeant
billwardak

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:06 am

i miss the commander!!
Back to top Go down
Ghost4-6
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Ghost4-6

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:53 am

I wants
Cold war
Maps: Germany(winter), Austria, Berlin, Serbia(winter)
Vehicles: either M60A1 w/ reactive armor-T64
or Leopard 2A4-PT-91w/era
Marder 1A3-VEC ARV
Warrior ICV-Type 89 ICV
F15-Mig 29
Eurocoptor-Ka 50
Weapons:
Assult-FN FAL-SKS-M203GL
support:L7A2-RPD
Engineer: M1 carbine-Zastava M70
Recon: Savage 110 BA- SSG 69 PII
Stationary:
M1919-SG 43
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:28 am

I wouldn't want that

BF3 is set like in the future by about a year,If I wanted Cold war I'd go Black Ops

What maps I'd love to see is,

New York (from Story) ,Paris after the nuke , jet match where its jet v jet like in 1943s air superiority
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:50 am

well the smARTphone 5 advertisements on Seine and Metro says it's product of the year 2014 if im not mistaken, so I guess it's that year Razz

Considering your vehicle line-up I wouldn't mind another euro force expansion Razz I loved that in BF2.

I'd love another tank map highway tampa style, having 5-7 tanks per team with some Light Armored Vehicles and AA's.

I loved the commander, but that "enemy X spotted!" spam could drive me mad..
Back to top Go down
Zedap
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Zedap

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 am

What about a map of the middle east country from the campaign after the earth quake? I dont know which country they were in, in the campaign was it Iran?
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:06 am

aye that's Iran, if you want to play in Iran in Multiplayer, please play Tehran Highway
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:14 am

They need to make a map full on naval xD
Back to top Go down
dgb1119
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 pm

that would be pretty awesome, if they pursued some ideas on new maps that are vehical based, like the opposite of the infantry setting xD i mean, this is what sets them apart from CoD and other shooters, vehical based warfare. and the air superiority idea from 1943, oh gawd, that would be so epic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"   DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans" Empty

Back to top Go down

DICE's "Massive Battlefield 3 DLC Plans"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top