13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Battlefield 3-What do you think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jensin
Corporal
Corporal

Battlefield 3-What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:07 pm

What do you guys think of it? Heres my basic feedback on the game.

1. Operation Metro, the metro area, too many choke points. Its doesn't feel open enough, and with 16vs 16 i absolutely hate it. Every corridor, every hall way has atleast 1 sniper and 2 support with biods Deployed with an Recon Forward Spawn right behind them so if i kill them, they just spawn back in.

2. Wouldn't mind some like thermal or something. Seeing people in some of these bushes is near impossible for me sometimes lol. Some guy was right infront of the bushes, and looking into them, some guy was able to almost get around him while crouched, its extraordinarily concealed when you go through them.

3. Lots of character model and map glitches/bugs.

4.I like how you can only get one grenade, reduces spamming by a ton. I haven't seen if it is replenished by ammo packs, if it is please dont do that lol.

5. Lag. Im playing on a US server with 40 ping and i go to duck under cover while some1 is shooting at me, and about 2 seconds after being behind cover im still taking damage from them or sometimes i die. Very frustrating. Especially too when they teleport all over the place.

6. I dont know how to spot or call for medics or anything. IF you guys took that out, it will be very disappointing

7. PLEASE Allow servers to turn off killcams.

8. Allow players to disable squad spawning on them. Im saying this because i know theres going to be those maps where you have a sniper perfectly concleaed in a great sniping position, then some1 spawns behind him standing up.

9. Squad system sucks. They need to have the old squad system in BF2 back.

Overall: I feel this game is extremly similar to BFBC2 from the infantry gameplay we've played. Im more interested in Vehicular combat and the map design, so im going to hold on to my $60 till the game comes out and i see some more stuff on it. Some of the minor things you guys put in the game are pretty cool. Like Flashlights, laser sights, etc.
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Jensin wrote:
5. Lag. Im playing on a US server with 40 ping and i go to duck under cover while some1 is shooting at me, and about 2 seconds after being behind cover im still taking damage from them or sometimes i die. Very frustrating. Especially too when they teleport all over the place.

This'll be sorted once the playerbase grows and there's more local players on the servers, it's in beta so it's still pretty limited. Once the game is released it'll all be sorted and the servers will be hosted more by players rather than EA, so there will be ping limits etc. and less of the Asians on US servers with 300+ ping issues etc.

Jensin wrote:
6. I dont know how to spot or call for medics or anything. IF you guys took that out, it will be very disappointing

I'm presuming spotting is still Q, as it was in BC2. Calling for medics happens automatically once you've taken a certain amount of damage, again, as it was in BC2.

Jensin wrote:
8. Allow players to disable squad spawning on them. Im saying this because i know theres going to be those maps where you have a sniper perfectly concleaed in a great sniping position, then some1 spawns behind him standing up.

We had to deal with it in BC2, disabling squad spawning kills teamwork, as does a bushwookie. Don't like it? Don't play in squads. As simple as that.

Jensin wrote:

I agree there to some extent - keep the spawning on members of your squads, but bring back the commander positions etc. Calling in artillery with Frostbite 2.0 would look hawt.
Back to top Go down
Jensin
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Well how do you disable spawns? and if a sniper is behind enemy lines and has a good line of sight of the objective in rush mode as a defender, he seems like a good bushwookie to me. P.S t his is a bad company game, this is a BF game, so that squad system where one person was the spawn point and made it so you had to protect and keep him up is more teamwork than just letting any ol person be a mobile spawn point.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Jensin wrote:
1. Operation Metro, the metro area, too many choke points. Its doesn't feel open enough, and with 16vs 16 i absolutely hate it. Every corridor, every hall way has atleast 1 sniper and 2 support with biods Deployed with an Recon Forward Spawn right behind them so if i kill them, they just spawn back in.
The subway is not suppose to be open... it's a subway.

Jensin wrote:
2. Wouldn't mind some like thermal or something. Seeing people in some of these bushes is near impossible for me sometimes lol. Some guy was right infront of the bushes, and looking into them, some guy was able to almost get around him while crouched, its extraordinarily concealed when you go through them.
That is the whole purpose of bushes and other vegetation; give the player the ability to hide. Most games you try to hide in the shrub and it does nothing for you but obscure your sight. I like it for that when you want to hide, you can acutally hide, and it's quite effective.

ElNoobio wrote:
Jensin wrote:

This'll be sorted once the playerbase grows and there's more local players on the servers, it's in beta so it's still pretty limited. Once the game is released it'll all be sorted and the servers will be hosted more by players rather than EA, so there will be ping limits etc. and less of the Asians on US servers with 300+ ping issues etc.
Yeah, I have noticed the same thing; dying 3 seconds after taking cover, as if they were just shooting through it. None of these servers are EA servers. If you look, they are from the companies that are going to host them for rent. Lag is caused by the server and your computer's performance/speed, the connection to/from the server, and the speed of that connection. Also while BF3 is testing, so are the game hosting servers. I've noticed a lot of my favorites dissappearing, and there seems to be more lag as the night went on with more and more players playing.

Quote :
Jensin wrote:

I'm presuming spotting is still Q, as it was in BC2. Calling for medics happens automatically once you've taken a certain amount of damage, again, as it was in BC2.
Spotting is Q key. They are still talking about implementing the Rose, but it's not to call out for ammo or medics, it's to mark points of interest and other things from what I've read.

Jensin wrote:
7. PLEASE Allow servers to turn off killcams
They'll have many many options for server admins to enable/disable, add/subtract, increase/decrease.

Quote :
Jensin wrote:

We had to deal with it in BC2, disabling squad spawning kills teamwork, as does a bushwookie. Don't like it? Don't play in squads. As simple as that.
When spawing on other squad member, you take their position. If they are prone you'll be prone, if standing, you stand. I don't think they'll have the option to disable since it is a team-based game. Don't like squads, don't join one.

Quote :
Jensin wrote:

I agree there to some extent - keep the spawning on members of your squads, but bring back the commander positions etc. Calling in artillery with Frostbite 2.0 would look hawt.
The game shows to be a combination of BC2 and BF2. I guess they tried to bring in the best parts of both.
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't like Operation Metro too much either; It feels like 3 small maps instead of 1 big map.

I also agree that disabling spawns isn't needed. If you are going lone-wolf/sniper kind of thing, I don't see why you want to join a squad on the first place. Razz

I think this game has huge potential for team work and organized gameplay once we figure it out. I just tried the support class and the bipod actually allowed me to do some great covering fire while the other guys moved to arm. So I can already imagine us using flashlights, bipods, medkits, explosives, and all that stuff with a more tactical approach and organized Squads. Again, once we figure it out...
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
GhostOps21

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Yeah, its interesting so far.

Some times the game is really fun, and other times, once you are winning or losing, it feels like you can't do too much.

I have to agree with Operation Metro, not my favorite map.

Oh, and this battlelog thing is retarded. I don't like it, give me an ingame fucking server list and menu! Making it feel like P4F, which isn't a good thing. What it was like in BF2 and BC2 was fine and perfect, thing change for the sake of changing is ugh.
Back to top Go down
zloty99
Corporal
Corporal
zloty99

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:45 pm

this game have a huge potential, looks beautiful and sounds even better Very Happy
i already love BF3 and looks like i'm going to spent long hours with this game drunken
Back to top Go down
EMISS
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:03 pm

P4f switch to BF3?
Back to top Go down
jester860
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
jester860

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:11 am

Having fun so far. cheers
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
RJ_Whitlock_9mm

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:36 am

The game is amazing! CoD better really bring it or this game is gunna sh*t on it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
jester860
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
jester860

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:12 am

Although there are alot of holes in the map that some people take advantage of
Back to top Go down
Jax_Knife
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Jax_Knife

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:23 am

overall I think the game is great, I just hope they can fix the bugs and add more maps before the beta is over
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:52 am

I realy like it. But the only thing I dont like is that it says Im dead before getting shot.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:05 am

I love it IMO it's nothing like Bc2 it's fast paced large maps and everyone works as a team more

Outstanding game
Back to top Go down
ECO_RANGER
Sergeant
Sergeant
ECO_RANGER

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:01 am

I just got done playing it on 360 its perty cool wolflow..il get yall the name its my friend but i play there too
Back to top Go down
lordshogun
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
lordshogun

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:06 am

ITS DA BOMB
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:43 am

I don't like operation metro as well. IMO its way too easy for enemies to camp in bushes and be completely hidden from view unless you walk straight into them, and i cant see anything in general. It seems like the map plays really one sided in that if one team is doing well, they will win every game as long as your in that server no questions asked
Back to top Go down
SteepledClock
Site Member
SteepledClock

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:37 pm

I like it a lot, but yes it has a lot of bugs and glitches. The couple I've encountered are the prone-and-still-being-killed one, a kind of falling through the map glitch, and a glitch where when I try to sprint, I can't and have to prone and get back up to sprint. There's also been a graphical glitch I've encountered with some weird black thin sprouting outta a dude's back. Oh yeah, and the grenade catching bushes.
Back to top Go down
jester860
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
jester860

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Jeffay123 wrote:
I don't like operation metro as well. IMO its way too easy for enemies to camp in bushes and be completely hidden from view unless you walk straight into them, and i cant see anything in general. It seems like the map plays really one sided in that if one team is doing well, they will win every game as long as your in that server no questions asked
Yeah hiding in bush is cheap. Really annoying by the bomb. I recently got c4 and it is way to good
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:36 pm

its hard to join your freinds
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:38 pm

I don't understand why hiding in the bushes is so bad. Wouldn't it be the same thing as hiding around the corner or in a building or any other object that you could potential be concealed by?

Yeah, I hear you Flaming. It's practically like P4F Pub. I wished this party system worked. Everytime I try it, it says failed. But I'm able to join alone.
Back to top Go down
Ghost4-6
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Ghost4-6

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Why didn't they put Caspian border as the beta?
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Jensin wrote:
What do you guys think of it? Heres my basic feedback on the game.

3. Lots of character model and map glitches/bugs.

4.I like how you can only get one grenade, reduces spamming by a ton. I haven't seen if it is replenished by ammo packs, if it is please dont do that lol.

7. PLEASE Allow servers to turn off killcams.

Overall: I feel this game is extremly similar to BFBC2 from the infantry gameplay we've played. Im more interested in Vehicular combat and the map design, so im going to hold on to my $60 till the game comes out and i see some more stuff on it. Some of the minor things you guys put in the game are pretty cool. Like Flashlights, laser sights, etc.

1: It's a choke-point map. Built for that.
2: Hell yes!
3: Will be fixed by release version.
4: Yep.
5: Will be fixed by release version.
6: Press (Default: Q) [You will hear a faint beeping noise if your spot-o-meter is close to an enemy but not on it] to spot. Same button to call for a medic, or to call for support, or ammo.
7: Agreed.
8: Solution, don't play in a squad.
9: It's Beta, for some reason, the full-fledged squad system has not yet been enabled, so they will only let you in the same random squad with the same random people, when the release version comes out, it will have a full-fledged squad with the "Squad Leader/Commander" ability, private voice-chat for the squad or full the full team, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
mekline
Mek's Rank
Mek's Rank
mekline

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 pm

its easy to find people in bushes if your good enough
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:08 pm

mekline wrote:
its easy to find people in bushes if your good enough

It's easy to find bushes in people as well, but you don't see me saying that. (lol I have no idea why I just said that)
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3-What do you think?   Battlefield 3-What do you think? Empty

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3-What do you think?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top