13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

BF3 Beta Come to An End

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Public Affairs
Site Member

BF3 Beta Come to An End Empty
PostSubject: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:21 am

BF3 Beta Come to An End Bf3betaclosed

BF3 Beta Comes to An End
Written by: SGT Trister

Today marks the end of the Battlefield 3 Beta, and with its closing, goes the last opportunity to play it for the next two weeks, however, discussion and chatter about the game continues in full force. Chatter about how well the Beta went, the weapons, the maps, the gameplay, whether or not EA will fix all the bugs in time and so many other comments, news, and debates.

There was a lot of chatter with glitches and bugs. Oh the countless posts about this topic as to why all the fuss when, in fact, it was a Beta test. Problems in a Beta are to be expected and should just be noted, done with, and set aside. Not to mention the beta was using an older code which meant it wasn't as complete as it should have been. EA was not testing the game per se, it was testing the backend to see if servers and networks would hold up and tweaked if need be. What overwhelmed me was the number of topics/posts created in 24 hours of the Beta opening; it was astonishing with postings in the hundreds of thousands only to reach millions in just two days. I was just about to take a look to update the numbers when I saw the image above. At this rate I would estimate, after 10 days, the numbers would be in the hundreds of millions. Posts about over under powered weapons, the maps in general and its layout, functionality as in no barrel rolls with the helicopter (I know, I tried. It basically starts to roll then nose dives towards the ground), how BF3 is more like a BC2 sequel than a BF2 and how many have stated they cancelled their pre-orders. You can be rest assured that whatever could be said about BF3, was.

Even the hacking community took a crack as BF3, stealing server files and making their own server, with 128 players, unlimited ammo, and probably other mods. Aimbots also took their shot as well as other cracks such as making your rank increase every half second. As with any multiplayer PC game out there, these hacks and hackers are to be expected. We can only hope that EA will combat these issues to where they at least seem to be non-existent.

Now, it’s time for EA to crunch down to fix and tweak BF3 before its release in just 15 days. There “probably” will be a day-one patch, states EA. Now-a-days, games usually are released with day-one patches, so there isn't anything new there. Hopefully EA has heard the community and will give them what they can. I’ve read one in which they are including a High-Resolution-Texture disc for consoles, making it a 3 disc game. It would be up to you to use it or not and will most likely be required or at least recommended to install on your hard drive. These concerns, issues, and wishes may make or break BF3 being successful and overcoming the popularity and sales of BF2 and BC2. It would also be a good time for the clan to prepare for the launch as well.

To pass the time of 2 weeks, that to some will feel like eternity, here are some images released 3 days ago for you to stare at. They are of the single campaign mode showing a launch from an aircraft carrier and some more night scenes.

Now let us run a self-control test and see if we can not mention BF3 for 2 weeks. Yeah right!

If you would like to see other articles on other topics written, please PM me with your ideas.

Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm kinda glad since now people can't brag to me and say they are playing the beta. Also that pic of the jet on the carrier looks nice
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Taylorsux
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylorsux

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:41 am

Not bragins, but tha jets are the most badass things ive ever flown in a game. After i shot down my first enemy fighter i almost pissed myself and ended up jumping around singing "america-F***" yeah!
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:49 am

I am sad that I can't have any more time to play this game. Well, at least not for the next 14 days. Damn two week wait period. At least the Android tablet I want comes out next week.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/destroyrs/
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:44 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
I'm kinda glad since now people can't brag to me and say they are playing the beta. Also that pic of the jet on the carrier looks nice

Hmmm, I feel sort of the same way when you guys play BF2. Razz

Spino wrote:
tablet I want comes out next week.
Ah, so we won't be seeing much of you huh?

I'll just go back to playing RO2
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Trister wrote:

Spino wrote:
tablet I want comes out next week.
Ah, so we won't be seeing much of you huh?

I'll just go back to playing RO2
You will see me, just on my tablet instead of my PC.
Back to top Go down
Toryin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Toryin

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Will download and test, once fully released , then maybe buy, if its good. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Blasting my MSI Radeon HD R5770 video card proved semi-win when I had to blast my fans up to around 80% to keep stable temps without artifacts on the screen or the similar (and that was on Operation Metro). You can probably guess my fan speeds on Caspian Border. I won't take anything but maxed out settings >:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mai birthday coming up, but I can't decide which card to ask for :/
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Go Nvidia Endrane. The MSI Nvidia chips are excellent. I have been nothing but happy with my 560 Twin Frozor from them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Beta Come to An End   BF3 Beta Come to An End Empty

Back to top Go down

BF3 Beta Come to An End

View previous topic View next topic Back to top