13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Battlefield 3: Beta Date

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:01 pm

!? Then you should be receiving the email! Why no email!?
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
HartAttackKidd
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
HartAttackKidd

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:03 pm

EA hates me Sad
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 pm

There's a lot of persons complaining on forums that they didn't get the code yet. Unfortunately, the response from support isn't really helpfull... This guy posted his conversation with support on the UK forums:

Quote :
Response: Hi, my name is Prateek. How may I help you?
gavin: i need help
gavin: about battlefield 3 beta i have not recived it and im no 18 hours into a 48hr trial
Prateek: We understand your excitement for the game's early access.
I know you've been eagerly waiting for the Early Access Beta key with bated breath, so have I! Well, the early access key will be sent today; however, as of now we don't have any ETA. Please wait for only a few hours and you will get an Email with the key in your account.
gavin: so in other word its going to be a 24hr early access?
Prateek: You will get the Early Access Beta Key today; however, as of now we don't have any ETA. Please wait for only a few hours and you will get an Email with the key in your account.
gavin: is this not breaking the contract rules?
Prateek: I am sorry but there is hardly any thing I can do from my end
Back to top Go down
HartAttackKidd
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
HartAttackKidd

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Tornado near/ at my town. Idk when I'll be back. Laters.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Ah, thanks NMD. It would help if I read the whole email. Downloading it now. Says an hour and 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
rhys666
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
rhys666

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Hey guys for ones who preorder the BF3 o MOH Digital version, get on your origin Client and in setting go to redeem code (no I won't give you mine).

open this page:

http://support.ea.com/app/ask

And put this options (assuming you're a PC user)

Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 Live_c10

Click on live Chat and Wait.

They solve my problem in 5 minutes!! Have your order ID at hand!!

See you on the BF# Demo Field!!
Back to top Go down
rhys666
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
rhys666

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 pm

I should say it was a definively nice experience the BF3 DEMO

Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 First10

I've just saw you on the field!!
Back to top Go down
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:20 pm

LUCKY B$%^& MAN I HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE 29TH OMFG (my sis b-day is on the 2nd of october having a huge party... locking my room and playing the beta..) RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://13thmeu.forumotion.com/forum
SSgt.NightHawk
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
SSgt.NightHawk

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:28 pm

gaaaaaaaaayyy i wanna play bf3 so badly lol but my computer would blow it self up even if i try to see the menu of the game lol. Make a beast video for everyone Razz
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
GhostOps21

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:21 am

Nah, tired of having to support 10 year old hardware and software, glad EA/DICE made the move to go for Vista and up and DX10 and up.

Anyways, can't wait for beta, that way I know for sure whether or not to order it. I just hope it doesn't feel too much like Bad Company 2, cause some of the screens aren't too reassuring, like the one above from rhys. That UI is way too similar =\.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:08 am

Well this is what I have:

Win 7
Intel Core 2 Quad @ 3GHz
4GB RAM
8800 GTS

I'm able to run Ultra but somewhere as low as 10 as high as 20
On Low 20 to 35

I know it is only suppose to go to 30 fps but FRAPS shows 35 every once in a great while. There are some major bugs as in you sink through the ground getting yourself stuck at certain points of the map, but only in the open grounds, not the subway.
And you have to commit suicide to get out. Even at 30 fps it's sometimes jittery (but that could be just my system). At points my game crashed due to some DirectX error.

So they have a few things to fix still.
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 am

downloading right now Very Happy only 20 minutes left, lets see if my weak graca can play it
Back to top Go down
rhys666
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
rhys666

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:38 am

God I just hit the 20 FPS with ultra setting, must be cause it was running in DX11?? I'll look through the settings to see if there's an option like BC2 to manually set the DX10 mode.

Well till now everything is OK, once happens to me what Trister reports, get stuck in the ground and see through terrain, well I kill one guy that was (damn cheater), I like it but it looks a lot like BFBC2, the system is similar (I've just played BC2 twice). The mode we've just played was rush and wasn't very comfortably with the Spot/Command Issue system (Nothing like old BF2 or BFP4F) but the hell is just matter of time to get used to It.

Here my friend Trister and NMD1234 just passed me in the stats (Shame on you guys) but I just getting the hang of it, meanwhile I'm a walking duck (No offense Quack)

My Spec are:

Phenom X4 955 BE 3.0 Ghz (Cheap compare to Intel)
4 GB running at 1333 (by now) (Not so Cheap)
ATI Radeon 5670 1 GB DX 11 (very cheap compare to nvidia)

My FPS was 20-25 FPS Running at DX11 at ultra setting with the machine running a normal application loadout.

The game itself looks great to me, a little buggy somethings with soldiers running sideways, soldiers sinking in the ground, some weapons coordinates move from time to time so you have your pistol all messed up.

I like the awards systems!! The Deploy system to invite a friend is cool!! I'll be reporting again (Damn Trister wait for me)!!

I think I'll play some BC2 to get used (and level some) to the system!!

See you on the field!!
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:25 pm

My first impresions are good... I remember Quack said it was really intense, which is exactly the word I'd use to describe it.

As far as combat goes, I don't really feel it's similar to BC2. The recoil of weapons seems to have increased quiet a bit, but the camera shake doesn't feel as bad as on BC2. The movements also feel a lot more fluid and the firefights a lot more satisfying. I can certainly say they seem much more difficult thought...

One thing I need to figure out how it works is the flashlight. I kept getting blinded by people with red dots and flashlights all the time. O.o And I even saw a couple of them using them to camp.

Back to top Go down
rhys666
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
rhys666

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Hehehe, I was just saying that the spot system looks similar to the BC2, N is right in the recoil of the weapons, is harder to keep firing straight except of the support gun with the bipod that give it more stability to the gun, the firefights are intense like N said

What's with the flashlight?? Just press T and blind those guys!! The red light are from laser sight weapons they're easier to aim but also are easy to spot, The camper with the light are from snipers lenses, if you're a sniper and keep too much time in the same spot your gun begins to flash to point the enemies where are you, so if you're sniping keep moving or be dead.

Well I think we should do a match later in squad!! BTW the Recon can now deploy radio beacon to do some nasty Mobile Spawn points!!

See you on the field!!
Back to top Go down
Stahlmann
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Stahlmann

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:44 pm

My spec is:

Something that DO NOT run BF3 =/
Back to top Go down
rhys666
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
rhys666

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:55 pm

What are your specs Stahlmann??

You saw this page to see if you can run it??

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
RJ_Whitlock_9mm

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:38 pm

So glad I have a console for this game! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Played it gesterday and I LOVE IT WOOO

it sucks that Cod will sell more een though it's worse but I guess BF will never bear sales no matter how much better it is
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:30 pm

I agree Total. Unless something gets really messed up with CoD, it seems it will always over sell BF3 by miles. What was it, BC2 5 million copies while Blops 25 million? Something like that. Hold, let me verify before Spino jumps in. Yup ~5m and well ~23m.

But if you think about it, who still plays CoD 3, WaW, MW1? I would imagine and what seems to be, hardly anyone. And that goes back to 2006. While BF2 is still running (somewhat) strong or 2142 for that matter, released 2005 and 2006.

I also agree, aside from the glitches and bugs, that the recoil seem more pronounced than previous BF. And the laser and flashlight is a cool defense. Although watch out when playing in a dark room. The brightness is enough to make you squint. I just don't get the scope reflection in dark areas.

And the weapons feel pretty well balanced which is a huge plus. Kind of wished they through in vehicles and/or different map though. One thing is they need to give us the ability to change our names, so be sure to check your name when signing up for Origin.
Back to top Go down
rhys666
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
rhys666

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Man 4 hrs more till I can play again!! Trister, yeah you're right in the names thing, the name we use to login should be changeable, I got rhys66_66 cause some idiot already had it, also had it on Xfire and doesn't have activity!!

I thinks that the reflection thing for snipers are a matter of balance to cause only happens on snipers (and of course with the laser sight). I've seen guys with scopes that aren't recon and there were no reflections on them, I mean if you could be eternally in the same spot and rushing you'll pick a lot of points without even move.

I was playing and shift to the engineer man, I just blow a half of building searching for some guys as defender in the las part of metro, that's was awesome. Supposely in the Alpha there was an APC near the street at that part of metro but I haven't seen such

See you on the field!!
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:19 pm

I love the M16A3 Its my favorite gun and so balanced

Aside from squad bug where you get put with random people instead of friends this game really is awesome

It shows great potential and once those bugs are fixed Battleifield will finally be the True FPS out and soon probably the biggest and most succesful game of this year and the next and the one after that xD
Back to top Go down
rhys666
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
rhys666

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Yeah, my lovely SAW here just works as Supression or cover fire cause it has a lot of recoil It took me like 15 bullets to kill one guy running...but in close quarters is killer!!

Hey warrior what Squad bug? I haven't seen such, how do you reproduce it?? I've made a Squad, a everyboyde else spawn at me or other squad or Mobile Spawn via Recon.

See you on the Field!!
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Does anyone know the key for text chat on pc? I have looked through the key bindings, and found nothing for team communication.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/destroyrs/
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:02 pm

I think I used "J" or something like. O.o

*Edit: Yes, I just confirmed it's "j" for text chat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: Beta Date   Battlefield 3: Beta Date - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Beta Date

View previous topic View next topic Back to top