13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:00 am

Spino Prime wrote:
flame211 wrote:
dude wtf do they want with any persons accounts..... its not like their going to get any use with it
Having any person's account allows these hackers to cause unhappiness. Having a Facebook account can mess up someone's social life. Having a forum account allows them to spam forums and troll without repercussion.

wow good point
Back to top Go down
https://13thmeu.forumotion.com/forum
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:23 am

flame211 wrote:
Spino Prime wrote:
flame211 wrote:
dude wtf do they want with any persons accounts..... its not like their going to get any use with it
Having any person's account allows these hackers to cause unhappiness. Having a Facebook account can mess up someone's social life. Having a forum account allows them to spam forums and troll without repercussion.

wow good point

took you a while to catch on.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:14 am

yea well im kinda slow lol
Back to top Go down
https://13thmeu.forumotion.com/forum
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:30 am

Just a tip a good/decent password as at least 5-12 letters at least one number and a punctuation

Lulz is a bunch of A** holes, at least Anon doesnt hack just to hack
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 3:53 am

I would laugh so much if anonymous hacked Lulzec and HVE their information to the police to be arrested xD
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:58 pm

totalwarrior6780 wrote:
I would laugh so much if anonymous hacked Lulzec and HVE their information to the police to be arrested xD

Why don't we tell Anon to do it! Good damn idea! It would prove that they fight for the better good, not the better laugh.
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/06/20/sega-gets-hacked.aspx O.o

Check this one out: "In a strange turn of events, Lulz tweeted that the group would like to lend Sega a hand.

'Sega - contact us,' Lulz tweeted. 'We want to help you destroy the hackers that attacked you. We love the Dreamcast, these people are going down.'"

That hacker "war" might actually happen lol

It is also on Reuters:

"Lulz Security, a group of hackers that has launched cyber attacks against other video game companies including Nintendo, has unexpectedly offered to track down and punish the hackers who broke into Sega's database."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/19/us-sega-hackers-idUSL3E7HJ01520110619
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Lulz & Other Minor Hacking Groups (Sissy Fighting)
Wikileaks/Anon come in, (Giant Foot On Lulz)

Problem solved.

No but really, these hackers are starting to piss me off. Reading the comments on the game-informer page NMD put up, there was even a question if they could start a nuclear war simply by hacking into the system. I mean, if they can hack a major multi-billion dollar Corporate International Company, who says they can't hack a country. I mean they have hacked into the FBI before. Anon has been able to hack into CIA. (But they had a good cause)
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Well boys, Lulzsec just made its latest announcement, and damn is it big. AntiSec is potentially the biggest hacking operation ever before seen. The target is all governments. They are on a mission to hack, bring down, or deface, any government website they can find.

But just wait, it gets better. This alone seems like quite an event to be seen, but it gets bigger once you see the supporters. Anonymous is in on this one, and so is Wikileaks. This will be interesting. I hope none of you guys have any accounts on government websites. Because this could turn out to be chaos. They say they are going to be looking for classified documents to leak out and to get the name AntiSec out there.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/destroyrs/
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Whoah, this thread is gonna explode for the next few days, weeks & months. Can we sticky it?
@Spino
Scary stuff...
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Wait, they say they gonna target any goverment website, but at the end they say they're looking for leaks? Which explains why Wikileaks is supporting them, and probably Anonymous too, right? It is kinda funny, but I doubt they'll find much; they would have much more luck if they go back to hacking senator's emails or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Nmd12345 wrote:
Wait, they say they gonna target any goverment website, but at the end they say they're looking for leaks? Which explains why Wikileaks is supporting them, and probably Anonymous too, right? It is kinda funny, but I doubt they'll find much; they would have much more luck if they go back to hacking senator's emails or something like that.
Steps to getting leaks:

1: Hack government websites
2: Get the login information
3: Use the same login information to get email access to dumb politicians
4: ???
5: LEAKS

Plus they announced that government is not the only target, they said banks could fall under the AntiSec operation.
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 am

Most Americans have bank accounts so they will probably wire money to help fund there operation
Back to top Go down
operator:ranger
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:29 pm

You know everyone wants social change but there is a reason why we have laws in place, so that society doesn't go to hell. If we all fought for what we wanted the internet would be a mess, it would not be functional. All groups, hacktivist and those who do it for "the lolz" need to be brought to justice.
And as a side note-hacking is not that hard to do(anyone with half a brain could do it if they took time to learn), esp. DDoSes, all of them are a bunch of kiddies that need to be seriously spanked. The internet needs to be open for all-not just some self-righteous group that fights for whatever they want.
I'm sorry but hacker groups really irritate me like nothing else-you're not on a moral high ground hactivists you're just part of trolls that make the internet that less fun to be on. Thanks for nothing hackers, get off the net and do something useful and stop pretending you're doing something special.
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:29 pm

operator:ranger wrote:
You know everyone wants social change but there is a reason why we have laws in place, so that society doesn't go to hell. If we all fought for what we wanted the internet would be a mess, it would not be functional. All groups, hacktivist and those who do it for "the lolz" need to be brought to justice.
And as a side note-hacking is not that hard to do(anyone with half a brain could do it if they took time to learn), esp. DDoSes, all of them are a bunch of kiddies that need to be seriously spanked. The internet needs to be open for all-not just some self-righteous group that fights for whatever they want.
I'm sorry but hacker groups really irritate me like nothing else-you're not on a moral high ground hactivists you're just part of trolls that make the internet that less fun to be on. Thanks for nothing hackers, get off the net and do something useful and stop pretending you're doing something special.
Oh, believe me, I am not in any way condoning Anonymous' actions. I was simply explaining their motives and how they differ from LulzSec. I know that Anon's actions cause damage and that society does not appreciate their actions for a reason. And you are totally right, DDoS, is a rather easy vector of attack, but it still doesn't discount the fact that LulzSec and Anonymous have done security breaches in the past. Its not all DDoS.

News Update:
Antisec is on, and a few websites have been DDoSed already. Many people expected that to happen, but nothing of any real interest or consequence has happened yet. But it is rumored that LulzSec has gotten its hands on 20 thousand logins and they are currently working on more security breaches, they are using the DDoS as filler while they dig up the real info.

A member of LulzSec may have been arrested. Over in Essex, England; the local police have arrested a 19 year old man that my be connected to LulzSec. The police claim that this member is a higher up in LulzSec. However LulzSec posted on their Twitter that they have not been affected and they are still here and plan to continue their AntiSec operation. There is a blog that has recently surfaced about trying to find the LulzSec members that you can view at: http://lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com/

Thats it for now, I will update when new info comes out from #AntiSec.
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Sorry Spino, I didn't mean it like I thought you condoned their actions, I just really really hate how these hackers think they're doing is something special and how they think they are on the moral high ground. They just really get under my skin, and I hate how they always say their fighting for freedom of speech and all this but if you dare to criticize them they come after you, I find that to be very hypocritical on their part.
Another thing is I don't like how Anon esp hides behind masks-if they believe in what they're doing why don't they show their faces? The answer is simple: They are vagabonds, stupid script kiddies that have no gall other than what they can muster behind a monitor.
Point is I find the whole lot to be disingenuous and I think that one day they will get their comeuppance.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Sorry Spino, I didn't mean it like I thought you condoned their actions, I just really really hate how these hackers think they're doing is something special and how they think they are on the moral high ground. They just really get under my skin, and I hate how they always say their fighting for freedom of speech and all this but if you dare to criticize them they come after you, I find that to be very hypocritical on their part.
Another thing is I don't like how Anon esp hides behind masks-if they believe in what they're doing why don't they show their faces? The answer is simple: They are vagabonds, stupid script kiddies that have no gall other than what they can muster behind a monitor.
Point is I find the whole lot to be disingenuous and I think that one day they will get their comeuppance.

Because they have to protect themselves from those who oppose them. Unlike Lulzsec, they want to stay till the end of the fight & want to prove their righteous point. An Activist, A hacker, a hacktivist. If you are mad at anyone, let be those hackers who hack just for the "lul" in it. Not those who do it for a good reason.
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:58 pm

We have laws that protect society. Hackers disrupt those laws and ALL of them need to be brought to justice. I'm mad at all of them. If they believe they're doing right why hide? They don't need to be protected if they know they're right. They're dead wrong, the lot of them. The net is for all, not just those who think they have the moral high ground, the net should be free of all hacker punks.
I don't mean to be disrespectful though Cmdr. that is just my opinion and I respect your position but you must see where I'm coming from?What if everyone thought that they were hacking for a good reason? The web would be a mess.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:05 pm

ANON hacks to get Intelligence & bring it to the society. Which, technically is not illegal & presently does not threaten society. In fact, it informs them. Why should a government's activities be completely hidden. Society has a right to know. Not just by law, but morally. Hackers among Anon helped reveal info about corrupt governments in the middle east that help start the Arab Spring. (Rebellion Against Corruption) I understand where you are coming from. Lulzsec is just a bunch of punks because they do it for the excitement & like stealing personal info & money, & stuff like that. Anon only takes info, & presents all of it to the public. There's a difference. Like I said before, they hide because some people in government want them gone, if they revealed their position, name or face they would be tracked down. Because the government doesn't like private info being given to the public society. And this is coming from a democrat. I don't fully support Anon. But what I am trying to say, is that many of the things they do is righteous. Do you understand my position?
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Well for one the only thing I would condone hacking would be to obtain information. Information from an enemy. Sort of like sending out spies for intel. And to show that "security" is always and will always be a "sense of". I'm sure there are quite a few people out there that feel safe. But as the past has shown us, nothing is fully, 100% secure. Even the heaviest duty safe/valut can be cracked.

Hacking is against the law no matter how you do it or why. And hacking into the government to steal classified documents and share them publicly can be considered treason and can be considered a breach of national security. There isn't anything I would like more than to know what our government is really up to, what they really are hiding or lying about. To my belief, they lie lie lie. I can't fathom how we still have a government with all the lying, misleading, broken promises, even half truths and anything else that you can throw in there, that have been revealed thorughout the years. And not just here in America, I'm sure this goes on globally. There is also the problem with laws not having caught up with the technology. A number of laws can not be enforceable if they are outside the country they are hacking. It's a felony once you commit a crime across multiple states, but what law is there for across countries? None with maybe the exception of war crimes. Charges are filed based on where the crime was committed. An example could be a USA server has been hacked by someone in Russia. Some might see the crime being committed here in the states as that is were the server is and where they broke in. Others will see the crime was committed in Russia as that is where he physically is. If the later holds, we can't charge him and extradite. It would be up to that country to take action.

However much I would like to know what the government is up to, hiding, and lying, I'd rather someone with some type of security clearence to release that information. These guys are not going to know what may be damaging or what it might damage if released publicly. Then again nobody would know but just pure speculation.

If by righteous you mean morally correct or somehow justifiable, I don't agree per se. The other being something wonderful, cool, or awesom, perhaps, but only regarding the way hacking is done.
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Agree with you completely Trister. Cmdr. I still disagree with you completely on Anon (agree with you on LulzSec)but this is not the place to argue that, and like I said before if they're in the right they wouldn't need to be worried about being tracked down. Only "bad guys" have to worry about people knowing who they are. I do understand where your position though Cmdr. and I respect that, but what if corruption was found everywhere and everyone's info was okay to leak? Just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Getting some interesting discussion and debate here. Feel free to keep it coming. Operator, you said this wasn't the place to debate this, but I disagree, I think its a perfect place to have these debates. Just here to reply to a few points you guys made. I say reply but really I am just kind of counter pointing what you guys said, lol:

If they believe they're doing right why hide? They don't need to be protected if they know they're right.
That is assuming a perfect world. But in fact, our world is imperfect, as bad things happen to good people, and just because you are "doing right" does not make you impervious in any way. By leaking our their information they would place a big target on their backs for "bad guys" who would want to take them out.

I hate how they always say their fighting for freedom of speech and all this but if you dare to criticize them they come after you, I find that to be very hypocritical on their part.
100% agree. I would be more sympathetic to their actions if they weren't so vengeful for all who provide criticism.

They are vagabonds, stupid script kiddies that have no gall other than what they can muster behind a monitor.
That seems like a rather generalizing stereotype. Just because they are a part of Anonymous means that they are a "kiddie" who can't stand up for themselves in the real world. I am sure there are more then a few members that do not fit into this description and are possibly very active helping in their community. Generalizing groups based on a few is never a good practice. Just because a few Muslims partake in terrorist acts do not mean all do, and just because a few black people steal tvs do not mean they all do. Stereotypes have been shown to only hinder us when evaluating and co existing with a group.

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
ANON hacks to get Intelligence & bring it to the society. Which, technically is not illegal & presently does not threaten society.
But it is illegal. By hacking and stealing classified documents, you could be filed as committing an act of treason, or stealing, or breaching national security all of which are against the law and therefore illegal. What Anonymous is doing is without a doubt against the law. In most circumstances, these laws are here for a reason. Overall they are there to prevent anarchy, as you cannot have a stable civilization without some rules, other wise the society no longer ceases to function and make progress forward.

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Why should a government's activities be completely hidden. Society has a right to know.
Agreed with this point. The government should not be hiding secrets from the public. Much of the time, society should be able to know what is happening.

BTW: Not much new on AntiSec. But LulzSec says that they have information from multiple breaches that they are putting together, formatting and preparing to get released. So I would expect possible leaks to come up on Friday at the latest, and more likely tomorrow or Thursday. All I can say is, with all the hype and attention this operation has received, LulzSec has better hope that they have amassed a good haul, or else a lot of people will be disappointed (and I don't think they wan't more enemies then they do currently).
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:56 pm

I looked at there twitter they have a lot of people wanting to join them and the Antisec op itself
Back to top Go down
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:31 pm

I agree with alot of your counter-points Spino. You are definitely right about stereotypes in general, but when I say "script-kiddies" I should most definitely clarify what I mean. Script-Kiddy is kinda like in programming what noobs are to gaming(although you could anyone new to anything a noob technically). It has to do with how they might act, it's more like how knowledgeable they are, I believe they can stand for themselves-their just standing for the wrong thing, and they're not terribly smart they are most definitely part of a mob, hence the reason Anon says they are "legion". If they would operate on their own singular knowledge they would not do as much damage is what I meant by that haha
Really good point about laws too, there is a reason we have them and just because you don't like one does not give anyone the right to operate outside the law, if it did we would live in chaos.
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:59 pm

I just got affected by hackers too :/

I wasnt able to log the other day to my EA account and I was wondering why, so I decided to reset my password threw email. Now I noticed I had received this email from Bioware :/

"We recently learned that hackers gained unauthorized access to the decade-old BioWare server system supporting the Neverwinter Nights forums. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers’ data and launched a thorough ongoing evaluation of the breach. We have determined that no credit card data was compromised from the servers, nor did we ever have or store sensitive data like social security numbers. Our investigation shows that information such as user names, encrypted passwords, email addresses, mailing addresses, names, phone numbers, CD keys and birth dates from these forum accounts on the system may have been compromised, as well as other information (if any) that you may have associated with your EA Account. In an abundance of caution, we have changed your password to ensure account security. "

They basically are saying my CD keys and personal info linked to my EA account could be comprimised becouse I was registed to the Neverwinter forums. And I havent even logged there in years... Sad

Any advice guys? And yes, I do keep different passwords.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top