13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:26 am

Stealing account info, breaching security, making a mockery of people, bringing down games such as Minecraft or Eve Online, breaking into the FBI and the US Senate websites. What do all these things have in common, they are all in a days work for the newly founded hacker group "Lulzsec".

As many of you may or may not know, we are in the middle of the greatest number of major hacks in history. The frequency of website hackings has increased drastically, especially in the last few months, which saw many major organizations getting breached, such as PlayStation Network, Gawker Media, Gmail, and even McDonalds. Plus, to top it all off, its not just Anonymous anymore. Newer groups such as the just mentioned Lulzsec are springing up and are just as ready to send your information to people looking to steal your identity. The risk of your account security being compromised is greater then ever and, if the events of "Titanic Takeover Tuesday", in which requests for attacks were sent in to Lulzsec by Twitter, are any indication, no site is safe anymore. The internet security that we took for granted is quickly dissolving, and how much longer is it until the sites you use are all targeted.

In this wake of internet attacks, it is important to protect each of our accounts as well as you can. This is a good opportunity to go over account security. We don't want your lack of account security to become a liability and give hackers the opportunity to screw up the 13th forums.

Tips for security:
1. Do NOT use the same password on multiple sites, although this is tempting, not all sites are made with the same level of security, and if one less secure site getting breached can put ALL your accounts at risk. Losing your Crysis account sucks, but you know what sucks even more, is if you lost your Crysis account AS WELL AS your email account, your banking information, and your 13th account.

2. Use GOOD passwords. NO 12345 is NOT A GOOD PASSWORD. Using a bad password is basically an invitation for hackers to come and steal you account. When choosing a password, DON'T use personal information and DON'T use words from the dictionary. Passwords are case sensitive, so use both capital and small letters. It makes it far less likely that someone can brute force your password. Use numbers too, as this also increases the complexity, and therefore security of your password.

3. If available, use HTTPS. This one is a no brainer. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol, is not as safe as HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure. By using HTTPS, you are protecting your data from being collected using your connection to WiFi. There is now phone apps that can get on unprotected WiFi networks and steal password data, so use HTTPS as it provides extra protection from your WiFi data being "sniffed out" by these malicious apps.

4. Update your Antivirus and Scan your PC. You can take all the password security precautions in the world, but it means nothing if you have a keylogger from that game crack you downloaded 5 months ago. If you have an Antivirus program, make sure it is updated, and it is set to automatically scan your computer for viruses. If you don't have an Antivirus program... well, what are you waiting for? Microsoft Security Essentials is free and works well. So download it or similar alternatives if you have not done so already.

There you have it. Follow these easy steps, and you will probably make it out of this hacking wave relatively unaffected, and probably much better off then the rest of the suckers on the internet who won't follow this advice. With your newly secured online identity across all your different sites, you can just sit back and watch the lulz.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/destroyrs/
Jax_Knife
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Jax_Knife

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:34 am

Nostradamus was right its the end of the world! HACKERS ARE TAKING OVER.
Back to top Go down
jester860
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
jester860

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:50 am

make sure to keep your email safe, because you can usually use that to reset you password Razz
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:00 am

Yeah I haven't been back on my main hotmail email yet since all those viruses. I've changed the password but that's about yet :3 Frankly, I'm quite scared No
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
jester860
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
jester860

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:45 am

huh... what would you do if your email got hacked affraid

reset the password with a different email cheers
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:46 am

I did you spammer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jester860
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
jester860

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:53 am

jocolor

security questions are good to set as well
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:54 am

thebronxbomber wrote:
I did you spammer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stahlmann
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Stahlmann

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 am

I still thinking 12345 is a good password, the reason to be that no one will try it Razz
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:01 am

Stahlmann wrote:
I still thinking 12345 is a good password, the reason to be that no one will try it Razz
Omg how'd you know mine Sad
Back to top Go down
jester860
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
jester860

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 am

=kt3wrjlaj1.#

^ best password ever
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:09 am

tehee i couldnt remember that
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:49 am

My anti virus thingy just sent me a message saying "Key-Logger Repeled and etc." is that good?
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:33 am

Mega Max546 wrote:
My anti virus thingy just sent me a message saying "Key-Logger Repeled and etc." is that good?

Thats really bad, its a program that people us to track key stokes to monitor you unaware
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Stahlmann wrote:
If you were to use that as you password. I would get in easily, because that is one of the first things I would try, as it is one of the most popular passwords in use right now. People who are tying to get in will try commonly used passwords first, then move to personal information. Plus, not all of the password attempts are random guesses, they have programs that will try combinations until they get a match, and a password with all numbers == very low complexity. They could crack that quickly. Use something that is not commonly used, not in the dictionary and has a good complexity to it.

Mega Max546 wrote:
No. Its good that a keylogger got stopped, but the fact that it was there in the first place is bad. Someone may have been monitoring what you were typing. If I were you, I would change your passwords just to be safe, remember, not in the dictionary, not easily guessable and complexity when making new ones.

BTW, Lulzsec just released their next set of personal information, this time 62 thousand email and password combinations were grabbed. The list can be found at: http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/62000_random_logins.txt

Use ctrl + f to search the list. Make sure none of your email addresses or any email addresses you know have been compromised. We have no idea which site was hacked to get this list, so make sure to check it. If you see your email there, take the appropriate steps to secure your online identity, and if you see someone you know, notifying them is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Avast Antivirus is really good. Works for me! Very Happy
And yes, watch out for those bloody hackers, they are pissing me off too. BUT, we shouldn't be afraid of losing our 13th access, I don't think any big hacking group wants to hack us. No offense.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Avast Antivirus is really good. Works for me! Very Happy
And yes, watch out for those bloody hackers, they are pissing me off too. BUT, we shouldn't be afraid of losing our 13th access, I don't think any big hacking group wants to hack us. No offense.
Maybe not the 13th directly. But forumotion hosts our site, and who says that won't be called a target for these hacker groups. If forumotion was hacked, then the 13th by extension would also have been hacked, as all of our forum and login information is on the forumotion servers.

I think you may have misunderstood my post, this was a reminder and guide to protect your 13th account and any other online accounts or profiles. If a hacker has login information, they will try and find whatever services that person uses in an attempt to screw things up. For example, if you used the same password on Battlefield Heroes and the 13th, and Battlefield got hacked, it only takes a quick search of "Cmdr. Michael Battlefield" to find the 13th, and you can bet they will try the same login information to see if it works. And if it does, they can spam your account until you get banned, and if you have any moderator or administrator access, then the amount of possible damage increases exponentially.

And its not like the 13th doesn't have enemies. What about the 86th? Lulzsec is taking requests for hacking targets on its Twitter. Who is to say Axx wouldn't try requesting the 13th in a pathetic attempt for revenge.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm

We has enemies?! whose the 86th? Axx? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:20 pm

Grim.Reefer wrote:
We has enemies?! whose the 86th? Axx? Shocked
That is a long story. A story that should never be talked about.
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Just as a little update. Lulzsec has just announced that they hacked the FBI... again. This time they hacked into http://infragard-ct.org/ which they claim is a website affiliated with the FBI. They claim to have 1000 logins but do not plan on releasing yet. Also, a lot of Lulzsec imitators have sprung up such as Lulzraft, Uberleaks, and LulzSecBrazil. Plus, if you are a Brink player and you still haven't changed your password. What are you waiting for? Lulzsec announced they were hacked like last week.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:41 pm

What's the point of hacking anyways? So they feel better about themselves & ruining the accounts of millions of people? I mean, talk about trolls.
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:44 pm

LulzSec (and its imatators) do it because they think its fun. They create chaos and leak account information for, in their own words: "the lulz". They don't care who gets hurt, they just think this is all a funny game. They give me the impression that they think they are invincible. They are out to make enemies where ever possible and get their names on the news. They try and pick fights with who ever they can, whether its trying to tempt Anonymous to a hacking battle, to pissing off gamers, and even publicly humiliating an FBI Agent involved in some bad activities. They seem to want hackers, gamers, and even the government to hate them

This is a critical difference between them and rival hacking "legion" Anonymous. Anon does not do what it does for the intent purpose of harming customers. They do not want collateral damage caused by their actions. Plus they do not conduct their actions for "lulz". They call themselves "hacktivists". They are activists that use hacking to cause the social change that they want. They are more interested in political change and freedom of information. For example they defend Wikileaks and attack all that try and take them down, because they see Wikileaks as a provider which should be aloud its freedom of information, and by defending them they are sticking up against the government to create social change. When the events in Egypt took place, they hacked government websites and tried to help get the people in Egypt back on the internet. They used their hacking activities to benefit a rebellion. They have caused damage for sure, but they are not out to mess up people like LulzSec is.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Spino Prime wrote:
LulzSec (and its imatators) do it because they think its fun. They create chaos and leak account information for, in their own words: "the lulz". They don't care who gets hurt, they just think this is all a funny game. They give me the impression that they think they are invincible. They are out to make enemies where ever possible and get their names on the news. They try and pick fights with who ever they can, whether its trying to tempt Anonymous to a hacking battle, to pissing off gamers, and even publicly humiliating an FBI Agent involved in some bad activities. They seem to want hackers, gamers, and even the government to hate them

This is a critical difference between them and rival hacking "legion" Anonymous. Anon does not do what it does for the intent purpose of harming customers. They do not want collateral damage caused by their actions. Plus they do not conduct their actions for "lulz". They call themselves "hacktivists". They are activists that use hacking to cause the social change that they want. They are more interested in political change and freedom of information. For example they defend Wikileaks and attack all that try and take them down, because they see Wikileaks as a provider which should be aloud its freedom of information, and by defending them they are sticking up against the government to create social change. When the events in Egypt took place, they hacked government websites and tried to help get the people in Egypt back on the internet. They used their hacking activities to benefit a rebellion. They have caused damage for sure, but they are not out to mess up people like LulzSec is.
Yeah, so basically, LulzSec is a bunch of low-life trolls with nothing better to do on their hands than to be complete udder f**gots. Sorry for my language, but it really does piss me off.
Back to top Go down
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:24 pm

dude wtf do they want with any persons accounts..... its not like their going to get any use with it
Back to top Go down
https://13thmeu.forumotion.com/forum
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:34 pm

flame211 wrote:
dude wtf do they want with any persons accounts..... its not like their going to get any use with it
Having any person's account allows these hackers to cause unhappiness. Having a Facebook account can mess up someone's social life. Having a forum account allows them to spam forums and troll without repercussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers   Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers Empty

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement: F%$*ing Hackers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top