13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Battlefield 3 at the E3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 at the E3   Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:01 pm

I made more comparison based on the info given. This is just a raw aproximation, and the scale used for Operation Mètro is only my interpretation of the numbers. Remember this is the trailer of the BF3 map we're talking about.

First, for BC2 players:

Heavy Metal
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 Map-2-1

And now for P4F players:

Oman
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 Map-1-3

And you can check the distances I used to calculate this here

What do you guys think? This is completely urban map, so it is impressive that it can compare with Oman and Heavy Metal on size.

Note: I made all this images and calculations myself. If you see them anywhere else, they were taken from here.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 at the E3   Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Nmd12345 wrote:
I made more comparison based on the info given. This is just a raw aproximation, and the scale used for Operation Mètro is only my interpretation of the numbers. Remember this is the trailer of the BF3 map we're talking about.

First, for BC2 players:

Heavy Metal
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 Map-2-1

And now for P4F players:

Oman
Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 Map-1-3

And you can check the distances I used to calculate this here

What do you guys think? This is completely urban map, so it is impressive that it can compare with Oman and Heavy Metal on size.

Note: I made all this images and calculations myself. If you see them anywhere else, they were taken from here.

Great research NMD. I'll be sure to fill ya in as much as I can whilst playing the BETA. You are might right hand man!
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 at the E3   Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks, Micheal!

I looked at the trailer again, and that scale does look more or less right. lol
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 at the E3   Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:21 am

BTW guys, there some information floating on gamestop that has the system specs... it's confirmed to be wrong by the developers, since they haven't released them yet. It seems one of the guys at gamestop took the speculative specs posted at bf3blog.com and posted those on gamestop...

And one more thing, it seems there isn't going to be guillie suits on BF3.

*Edit: Don't forget to check the new post at the official BF blog here: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/07/07/battleblog-2-with-a-bit-of-class.aspx

They give a more descriptive information of each class and it's a post you can't miss. And it seems we'll be seeing some new surprises for Recon:

"'Recon traditionally has been seen as just a sniper,' Kertz said. 'We wanted to change that perception, so we’ve built several completely new teamplay oriented gadgets specifically for the Recon class so he can be a team player, even if he’s sitting on the top of Wookie Mountain.' We’ll talk more about these toys and how they work in a blog post a bit further down the road."
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 at the E3   Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey guys!

Here are some updates:

No Mod Tools on BF3
It confirmed threw this video from gamestar, and the reasons were: "... if you look at the Frostbite engine, and how complex it is, it’s going to be very difficult for people to mod the game" said Patrick Söderlund, developer at DICE. He also said that they haven't abandon the Mirror's Edge franchise and they're working on something, but he refused to mention anything more.

BF3 might not available threw Steam

EA published the list of retailers that would carry BF3—list that they already removed from their website—and one of the biggest surprises was that Steam was not on the list. The reasons seem unclear, since the other big retailers do appear on the list... this leaves the theory of EA trying to compete with the market threw origin out of the radar. The other reasons I've discovered, threw some news site, was the recent problems EA had with Steam, this mostly comes from this interview from CVG with David DeMartini, head of EA's Origin. He explained that some business decisions from Steam, have created "areas of conflict between us on a going forward basis". He also explained that it wasn't EA's decision to remove Crysis 2 from Steam: "Crysis was taken down because the DLC was not available through Steam; it was available through Direct2Drive" and it seems Steam wanted that DLC available for them as well: "were going to take that product down because they were insisting that the DLC be available through Steam" There's still hope that they bring BF3 to Steam thought, once they sort out the differences...

Battlefield 3's singleplayer animations are different from multiplayer
It was confirmed threw Edge Magazine, on an interview with Lars Gustavsson: “In multiplayer, we do an additional pass for animation. In singleplayer, you don’t mind if a guard up on a balcony does a Hollywood death – stumbling around a bit before falling over. In multiplayer it needs to be a one-to-one correlation between action and result”.

And again, some interesting answers from twitter:

—"Yes, all weapons have velocity variations based on real life values".

—"There's a large variety of optics for each class. Not all weapons can mount all optics".

—In response to someone asking if secondary weapons, like pistols, would have flashlights: "It's possible. Not decided now, in discussion."

—"No, you get suppression points only as kill assists. The guy has to die".

—"There is gravity based bullet drop on bf3. Velocity plays a much larger role in how it works though".

—"The other day in a playtest we had a bug where you could stick your medkit to soldiers. Hilarious".

Trister send me this very interesting article from IGN that discusses some predictions on BF's future. I found it very interesting, but maybe they're going too far Razz
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 at the E3   Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:43 am

So I was looking around and came across this on more than one website.

http://www.modernwarfare3.com

Some people speculate EA was/is behind this or maybe the site has been hacked and the domain name redirected. Prehaps, as I would think Activision would already have this domain name, some Joe Schmo purchased the domain name in hindsight of MW3 release. Offered Activision the name and was rejected (hence the MW3.com) and in retaliation redirected it to BF3.

Running a "WHOIS" does not reveal the owner of this domain name. In fact the information has been made private. While other CoD domains name can be seen as registered by Activision...

This is classic! Maybe I should buy up Battlefield4.com

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1181711p1.html

And that thing about Frostbite 2.0 being too complex for modders is condescending. It may be complex, but that isn't going to stop modders from learning it as they have done with other engines. EA should know this and obviously suggests there is/are other reasons.
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 at the E3   Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Lol that's great stuff, Trister! I completly missed that one, Razz thought, I sometimes wonder if people still read this thread Lol. And check this out from GameInformer.

"If that's not enough goofiness for you, ModernWarfare4.com was also registered by someone other than Activision. The devoted PC gamer who picked up this domain is angry at Activision for removing dedicated servers from Modern Warfare 2 and is currently running a poll to help figure out what to do with the domain that the publisher would presumably eventually want to use."

And I agree with you; modders can be incredibly dedicated and are usually able to understand—sooner or later—the game, but it would be much easier if the devs were willing to help. In fact, a lot of developers from DICE used to be modders, and I saw Alan Kertz answering a guy on twitter that, if he wanted to start on the developing bussiness, he should start with modding and get his name out... then another guy complained that he said that, but they added no mod tools on BF3.

So I guess it comes to money, some mods are so good, that they put developers and their expensive and short DLCs at shame, and they don't want that kind of competition (specially when they can't charge for that content). Seriously, why buy a weapon pack for 9 USD when you can download 10 times more for free? Same goes with maps and everything else...

Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 at the E3   Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:14 pm

A little update on the http://www.modernwarfare3.com website:

Battlefieldo made a post suggesting that this website might be indeed just a fan made one. They used www.modernwarfare3.com/+modernwarfare3.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&source=www.google.ca" class="postlink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">this google cache search to demonstrate what the website looked like before the post. I think they're right...

Source: http://battlefieldo.com/moderwarfare3-com-not-a-ea-marketing-ploy/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 at the E3   Battlefield 3 at the E3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 at the E3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top