13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:13 pm

I have some ideas for Sharqi
Back to top Go down
Costapo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Share them with us...
I am trying to put them on maps...
I will soon present an early phase of Karkand plans and plays I made with images..
Also I think that powerpoint would be great for presentation of plans with a series of images, I will try that too
Back to top Go down
onrAArno
Corporal
Corporal
onrAArno

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Btw Costapo, if you need any help I would be glad to help you Smile
Back to top Go down
Costapo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Help is always welcome but I am not at home right now.. You know my problem.. I posted at the squad topic
BUT I got the images that I have uploaded in forums and started painting here..
I really hope my old plans aren't gone

When I will be able to run my own PC I will ask for you help surely!
Back to top Go down
lordshogun
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
lordshogun

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:52 pm

good job guys have been following this for quite sometime since the beginning i really wanna see the final result of the maps could be really usefull
Back to top Go down
onrAArno
Corporal
Corporal
onrAArno

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:54 pm

@Costapo Ok, great Smile

@Lordshogun You stalker Razz
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Well here it is,this is for the RU you dived people into 4 squads you send 2 squads to b and the other 2 squads on the flank to c once you captured b send 1 squad to rush the hill by the time this happens the 2 squads should be getting close to c. the 2 squads need to go behind c and kill the defenders once c is captured send 3 guys of the b defense to c. you want to leave 1 guy just in case some one gets dropped behind enemy lines you might want to do this with a to. You can also place snipers on the roofs to suppress large groups of enemys. The US is is the same way just your going a different direction and you have to cover 2 flanks
Back to top Go down
onrAArno
Corporal
Corporal
onrAArno

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Great strat, once we have a map of Sharqi I'll make a (idk how you call it) tactical map for it ok?
Back to top Go down
Costapo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Nice one!! I use to flank C too Smile
One problem I am facing at the moment is the vehicles.. I can't get them work with the hole squad
I made an different image for every flag capture for Karkand ( Like what happens If you control every flag except C and you want to take it..
Like where you must place snipers etc..
But I just don't know where to send the tank and the APC, I don't want to send it directly at the flag capture.. I need to find something more strategic...
Help guys
Back to top Go down
lordshogun
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
lordshogun

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:53 pm

onrAArno wrote:

@Lordshogun You stalker Razz

no im not just keeping my eyes on everything that happens mostly Smile

Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:54 pm

A good vehicles strategy is keep the APC right behind the tank so they can support each other when dealing with enemy armor
Back to top Go down
Nusume
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Nusume

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:58 pm

onrAArno wrote:
Here are the defended for Oman (if you have all points):

For Russians:

Basically the whole beach Razz.

For USA:

The Road from Ru base to C (this must be heavily guarded) and the route from Ru base to B (on the left). Combine this with the AA from B and D and you have an almost impenetrable defense.

Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 Scenario-I-
Sir, may i present my point of view on the following scenario:
Legend: PoV = Point of View, the actual field situation known by only one side of the war combatants
Tactics:
1. Status:
RU are pushed back and now trapped in their home base.
Normal-Green Area US concentrated area after storming all flag and moving to a blockade action.
US Defend barrier This is the Battlefront, line where the heavy fireing is going down.
Light-Green Area [US PoV] less controlled area with minor danger aknowledged, less troops or none
Black shade: [RU & US PoV] If RU airforce is flying at lower ground, the AA from Delta doesn't help much to block air incoming to clear the path from RU to Charlie and Beta AA can bearly reach upon that.

2. Actions:

Main assault path [RU PoV] Seeing a strong defence in the fastest path to Charlie and Delta(not blocked at yellow front), i recommend an eventually plate invasion(APC + 2xRU jeeps) on the Delta-Beta path. Beta has to get priority in overtake for being far away from the potential concentrated US troops, with good timing Delta flag should fall next over the Beta one, considering the Orange solution: 1.Alpha, 2. Beta, 3. Delta
for US, as a preventive measure, a good auxiliar defence would be a Engineer over Beta to help with eventually light tank(engi has to be stationed here before starting the barrier on yellow battlefront)
Secondary rush path [RU PoV] in order to decoy eventually forces moving out from the yellow barrier, or to spread them, one of the 2xRU jeeps should arrive first on Alpha base and take it then the rest proceed with overtaking Beta.

If u isolate US to C, moving with troops from all 3 direction it should be easier to cap the flag and push US back to the spawn on carrier, and then secure the beach Smile i will try to make tomorrow a course of action if US falls in this situation. Any suggestion and improvement are advised!
Back to top Go down
Ron Marrero
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Ron Marrero

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Karkand: Make sure you control Bravo site above all else. It offers cover to the south (Delta), North (alpha) and southeast (Charlie). If you're playing as the guys who spawn below Delta (Don't remember which team this is, Russians I believe), make sure you keep Delta as well, since the south is much more vulnerable than the north of the city. For the Guys who spawn above Alpha, Alpha is very easy to recapture if lost so you shouldn't worry too much defending about it. This map is heavily biased towards the northern side.

While Russians are disadvantaged in this map, they can always flank up the left with a couple snipers to try to harass any enemies in Bravo, since most of the Americans are too dumb to defend their right flank. And if you're American, make sure you defend the right flank -.-

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
onrAArno
Corporal
Corporal
onrAArno

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:59 am

Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 Scenario-I-

If I were you I would defend the bridges (from US PoV) at B because then you don't have to worry so much about A and you have chokepoints which is always good when defending.
Back to top Go down
Costapo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:43 am

Nice guys!!
Well I am currently working on Karkand map and trying to improve the defense tactics. Basically I took onrAArno's idea about ambushes and I put it in the map
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:05 am

I've thought of an Oman tactic for US.
Squad A take BOATS and flank left around the back to get the back of D (just south of RU spawn).
Squad B (preferably built up of snipers) takes Blackhawk to C, and once capped, moves to the hill slightly north of D to provide sniper fire and spot enemy vehicles leaving RU base.
Squad C takes APC and Tank to A and B (all get in APC, go to A, cap then 2 get into tank)
Squad D use Assault Chopper and Jets.
Once all flags are capped, Squads A's APC and Tank, along with Squad D's Assault Chopper (circle strafing and ducking behind hotel for flares to reload) defend East exit from RU base, and squad C's APC and tank, alone with Squad D's Jet's defend west exit (bridges) (jets do bombing run over RU airstrip or something ^^).
My ossum Paint.NET skills ^^

Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 Omanusbfp4f

Hopefully it's clear enough.

Regards,
-Noobio.
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks for all your input so far guys, but this thread was meant for me to ask what people thought of the idea lol. I plan on posting a playbook for each map as they come. I have the Gulf of Oman one up, so any tactics you have for the Gulf of Oman, add in a post on that thread, or if you don't mind, I can copy the tactics you draw up and edit the main post in the thread. I'm hoping to get it stickied at the top of the page so all 13th MEU members can reference it. I plan on also starting a Karkand and then a Sharqi one, which should be up soon, so be ready to share your tactics there as well. THanks again guys
Back to top Go down
onrAArno
Corporal
Corporal
onrAArno

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Ok, GJ for starting this thread btw cheers
Back to top Go down
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:24 pm

I really like the idea of a defensive line mopving forward once a point is caped. At the start, the fireteams would head off to their assigned flag to cap. In karkand, from the US, I would start with a, b, and c first since it is very difficult to get to D before the commies. But once you have all 3 those caped, form a line on that wall, all the way around from the north side of c, to the west side of b, focusing on the stairs and vehical ramp. If we hold this line, we can win, or if we want to be greedy, then push in for D, and hold them damn commies at spawn.

Commie side would be the reverse. Rush d and c, with B being 2 fireteams, then push south and alittle west into a and holding them back at spawn. The main idea is we can't let anyone pass our line. Hold the line at all times. whether we 3 or 4 cap it.

I am not sure about everyone else but I have played each map enough I know most the choak points and hiddy spots. Focus on them as a group and support one another, call targets and the like, we this will be cake.
Back to top Go down
Rticfox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Rticfox

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 pm

lol your basic tactic is the one you use in all area cap. modes in RTS games...but ya make sure you have your squads organized Before you get in game.

by the way it looks good! ;D

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)   Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Making a 13th MEU Playbook (Battlefield F2P)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top