13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:08 pm

it was a UN coalition that supported the South Koreans in the Korean War, with the US being a major supporter and a few other countries also deploying to Korea during that time. The world has changed significantly since then, and while i don't think WW3 will start, you can't really compare the two eras
Back to top Go down
DcsChick
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
DcsChick

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:32 pm

I don't think this specific event will lead to WWIII, but its a chain of growing tension that's just ready to snap at any point. There is only so much North Korea can do to push at other countries before they start pushing back. It's not like we're not trying to attempt to keep the peace, from at least what the news and government try to make it out to be, knowing well enough that they do what they feel is good in the American public eyes. The whole we want you to stop creating nuclear power crap is stupid though, you know they already have it developed, why not just go back into negotiations to monitor it, instead of trying to get them to shut down something that they'll never shut down.
Back to top Go down
paisaman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
paisaman

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:36 pm

i dont want WW3, is too boring. SKYNET FTW!!!! and t-800`s!!!
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:48 pm

FTMBrushFire wrote:
We're at war already, what's one more campaign... Neutral

With the way the military's spread at the moment, probly best we don't find ourselve's in another one >_< Being a strong military is one thing. being a world police force is another. Middle east: justified (arguable in some places but that's a discussion for another time) Korea: much less justified, they have yet to attack us, and with china not taking their backs anymore its unlikely that they ever would.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Terminal-Addiction/118413301551914
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Well, first of all, this isn't something like N. Korea trying to start a war; it's probably a display of power for the new dictator to come to power or something.

And even if a war did start...N.Korea couldn't keep up. There's China...and then there's the malnourishment problem. Did you know N. Koreans average 3 inches shorter than S. Koreans? I couldn't believe it.

EDIT: Also, "RED ALERT" isn't the best title for this topic either michael...
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
BragCargo63
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BragCargo63

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Yeah it does not exactly "effect us" as in you and me and the rest of us, so it is not a "red alert" if it was someone would have posted about it when it happened, obviously it is not a "alert".

Second thing (i think someone else said this also) it is not the first of it things of the such has happend before and this is no diferent, same old, same old
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

I'll fix it sir. (what bronx asked me to do)
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
LunchIsGood
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
LunchIsGood

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:09 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
LunchIsGood wrote:
You make zero sense >:O
Thought you went to bed Suspect
Well I had the website on when I logged off BFH and xfire. So I posted once before I turned off my comp. Smile

thebronxbomber wrote:
it's probably a display of power for the new dictator to come to power or something.
Like I said before...Hitler is "cuming"...

I doubt there will be a WWIII and hope there won't be. I don't want a North Korean coming to my school and shooting me D:
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:18 pm

OK, here's the thing guys...should this blow over into a full out conflict, then America's government will do what it thinks is correct, and will defend our allies in S. Korea. The problem is, if we become involved, then Russia will be forced to back N. Korea, or face the possiblility of looking "weak", since it vowed to do so if America interfered. China would have to step in (probably as a third entity all together) or it faces the potential to miss out on the spoils of war, as well as an opportunity to bolster its own economy.

Naturally, European forces will likely join a coalition of US lead forces. The middle East will still be consuming a sizable chunk of our military force, or we risk destabliizing that region, even more so, for years to come. Now, the scariest part of all of this...if we come to blows with Russia over this, it's surely going to spill onto US soil, if only to teach us a lesson. Alaska first, then Canada (forcing them to back us in order to save their own Canadian hides), and then the Pacific Northwest, since it would be the path of LEAST resistance.

N. Korea will fall quickly, due to famine, but it's allies will continue to fight, regardless of that fact. It'll just become a matter of principle.

HOWEVER, I don't think it'll escalate to that point, since there is too much destabilization at stake. Though, WWI did begin because a couple of Bosnian Serbs decided to kill the Austrian Archduke, Franz Ferdinand, WWII started because a relatively unimportant man (at the time), named Adolf Hitler, decided that focusing on a single enemy would help to unite the prussian empire and bolster Austria & Germany's economies and WWIII (AKA: the Global War on Terror) was started because a couple of Douche Canoes thought that it'd be great to take down some buildings, and a government convinced its people that the only way to get retribution was to stop "terrorism", which is whatever the government decides it to be.
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Just sayin'.....
Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
modernwarfare132

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:11 pm

Russia is our ALLY. I doubt they would turn against us because of the Korean conflict.
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Do you think I'm not aware of that fact? Russia is an ally of convenience. They've openly condemned N. Korea's nuclear programs and agreed to sanction them, but they have also threatened to back N. Korea if the US begins a military campaign. I do study these things. I have a good background of military history and strategy...

If Russia is TRULY an ally, then why did this happen? Russian spies caught in US
Back to top Go down
HartAttackKidd
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
HartAttackKidd

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:53 pm

Oh gesh... Some days, Im glad Im in Canada. Smile But we are involved with the Middle East epidemic, so this does concern me. I am also Duel Citizenship, meaning I am both Canadian and American, So I am concerned for the U.S. I guess only time will tell as of now.
Back to top Go down
Sargesammy1997
Corporal
Corporal
Sargesammy1997

Location : I'm exactly a Mile High. Or at least a couple feet from the marker. Yes I am in the U.S

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:52 pm

Here's a neat little fact. If China were to attack North Korea, South Korea would back up North Korea but if North Korea were to attack China South Korea would back up China and if some one nukes America or bombs it, well there is going to be one less Country in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sargesammy1997
Corporal
Corporal
Sargesammy1997

Location : I'm exactly a Mile High. Or at least a couple feet from the marker. Yes I am in the U.S

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:55 pm

FTMBrushFire wrote:
Do you think I'm not aware of that fact? Russia is an ally of convenience. They've openly condemned N. Korea's nuclear programs and agreed to sanction them, but they have also threatened to back N. Korea if the US begins a military campaign. I do study these things. I have a good background of military history and strategy...

If Russia is TRULY an ally, then why did this happen? Russian spies caught in US

You should know this. Allies or not, the countries will all ways have spies in other countries to make sure the other isn't going to do something to them. Russia is wary of us just like we are wary of Russia.
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:38 am

Yes, I'm well aware of this, but I was trying to make a point: we're not TRULY allies, we're allies of convenience. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise   Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alert: North Korea bombs South Korea, Tensions Rise

View previous topic View next topic Back to top