13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Changing classes or getting more specialized?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Changing classes or getting more specialized? Empty
PostSubject: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:17 pm

i notice on certain levels i will use another class, but for the most part, i'm always assault. i think my skills in assault are best for the squad/team i'm on.

i was thinking about going medic and finishing up the guns as close to platinum as i can, getting better, etc. i'm not a bad medic or anything, just an idea.

i'm also really good as engineer, but it bores me for some reason. recon, i'm basically an expert. i think me and primalfury help each other polish up ours skills going up against each other. again, recon can bore me though.

but medic seems to be the one i use don't use often. i'd say i'm above average, but i'd like to get that much better specialized.

my question is, does anybody else see themselves changing from their main class? i don't think i'll lose much skill by not being assault for a while, but vietnam will be out sometime soon and i don't want to undercut myself when it does.

if i go medic, i will have to minimize my assault mentality and hang back and revive. dam that's going to be the toughest part. plus, it's not good to run lightweight with medic. uhhh, i'll be slow too and probably will get knifed more.

also, to the guys i play with the most: spamin, tiger, primal, axx i know you guys run some classes more than others, would you like to change classes and get better while i go medic? we can discuss in game too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:46 pm

I like some classes better than others, but feel I mix it up pretty good. ReCon is the only class I usually avoid unless someone wants to take a break and then I'll take on Motion Ball duty.

Regarding a change in play style for running Medic, I often think the game moves too fast to be totally committed to a style change up to support the different class. Especially because the Medic can be a very effective offensive role despite being meant for a more supportive role.

Map needs still trump whatever soldier class choices we might want to consider. In this regard, I find a Engineer + G3 + CG + ExtRockets + ExtDamage is a useful setup on almost every map, and more so when engineers are really needed.

I don't usually live long enough to care about running out of AMMO, where as some of you guys with better skillz, seem to have this problem.

I would be willing to make a class choice change to help others to the same.

Keep in mind, BC2: Vietnam will have us starting fresh with our classes, right? In this regard, we might want to consider which classes we will each build out 1st, so we have relatively powerful "team" of more fully developed soldier classes. In this regard, I would volunteer to work on the Engineer as my 1st class build out, and then move on from there as we all are ready to start working on the next class.
Back to top Go down
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 2:15 pm

As much as I like some classes more than others it always falls on me to switch to engineer and blow up the vehicles. When I'm defending a point I usually switch to a recon with shotgun slugs and throw out my recon balls since no one else wants too. If I'm planning on arming a crate then the Assault class with the m416 is perfect. I used to use the medic class alot for the incredible accuracy of the MG36 but I can't do absolutely anything to vehicles. It always seems like I end up in a perfect spot to C4 a vehicle as a medic except I don't have a vehicle. Sometimes I even jump on top of the enemy tank and hopefully he comes out.
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 2:57 pm

This is a good idea, I'd say Ghost. It can give everyone in a squad a different role which changes things up. Overall though, I know when we play together and get a decent squad running, we usually don't verbally communicate our class choices, but it generally works out. I feel like I change up my classes/guns fairly often. On this note, I think we should talk more about classes in game to run a more cohesive squad, instead of everyone doing what they personally want.

However, I do also have to agree with Axx on the fact that map needs to indeed dictate class setups. We should always be conscious of the number of tickets left, as that also sways how squads can function.

Perhaps some of us need to get together in a party soon and discuss squad tactics prior to hopping in a game, and how four people can function for the greater good. This would be highly beneficial, as I know that people often become frustrated when someone's just sniping on a ridge, or continually running by themselves for the objective, etc.

These are just some points to think about, and I would love to open a live discussion on the topic.
Back to top Go down
Purplevine4
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Purplevine4

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:01 pm

SpaminSambi wrote:
Perhaps some of us need to get together in a party soon and discuss squad tactics prior to hopping in a game, and how four people can function for the greater good. This would be highly beneficial, as I know that people often become frustrated when someone's just sniping on a ridge, or continually running by themselves for the objective, etc.

These are just some points to think about, and I would love to open a live discussion on the topic.

I play as a Recon but im a bit like where you instruct your team to the objective. A bit like Overlord or from BC2 Riverguard, Archangel etc. Also i try and foil saboteurs and ambushers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:05 pm

I'll play whatever the map and situation dictate. Lately, I've been working on firing with my acog.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Axx Bytehoven wrote:
I like some classes better than others, but feel I mix it up pretty good. ReCon is the only class I usually avoid unless someone wants to take a break and then I'll take on Motion Ball duty.

Regarding a change in play style for running Medic, I often think the game moves too fast to be totally committed to a style change up to support the different class. Especially because the Medic can be a very effective offensive role despite being meant for a more supportive role.

Map needs still trump whatever soldier class choices we might want to consider. In this regard, I find a Engineer + G3 + CG + ExtRockets + ExtDamage is a useful setup on almost every map, and more so when engineers are really needed.

I don't usually live long enough to care about running out of AMMO, where as some of you guys with better skillz, seem to have this problem.

I would be willing to make a class choice change to help others to the same.

Keep in mind, BC2: Vietnam will have us starting fresh with our classes, right? In this regard, we might want to consider which classes we will each build out 1st, so we have relatively powerful "team" of more fully developed soldier classes. In this regard, I would volunteer to work on the Engineer as my 1st class build out, and then move on from there as we all are ready to start working on the next class.

i think all classes will be the same still - assault, recon, engineer, and medic.

the only difference will be new content:

-vehicles (huey chopper, tanks, jeeps)
-weapons
-clothing
-characters
-maps

Back to top Go down
Nosmonkey GTR
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nosmonkey GTR

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Recently, i've been running Recon. However, i run a VSS, m412 rex, Ext Ammo,Magnum ammo. VSS is an amazing assualt rifle i find and the motion balls great for scouting out an mcom. Alternatively, i'll run a 4x scope in place of the extra ammo bt ammo runs out far too quick!

Nearly 400 kills now Smile
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:52 pm

I use assault very little, I tend to use Recon with the G3, Tommy gun or SV98 with red dot. With that accounting for 50% of my playtime the rest is probably split - 25% Engineer, 20% Medic and 5% Assault.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Try the M95, or the VSS and the other quick-fire one with a red dot attachment! BEST FRIKING THING YOU CAN DO WITH RECON EVER!
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

I've never been a big fan of the M95, it is a noob weapon of the highest calibre(er?), I find it strange that virtually every Long-range sniper uses it, the GOL is far more effective in that respect.

Now with red dot on the other hand, that certainly takes soon skill...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing classes or getting more specialized?   Changing classes or getting more specialized? Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing classes or getting more specialized?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top