13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
How would you design classes for BF4? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
How would you design classes for BF4? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
How would you design classes for BF4? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
How would you design classes for BF4? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
How would you design classes for BF4? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

How would you design classes for BF4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

How would you design classes for BF4? Empty
PostSubject: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:59 am

So, there's a lot of debate about how the classes need to be re-arranged for BF4, as the Assault is currently just too useful.

I'll share my system, and then post your systems/comments below

Assault: Assault Rifles, M26 (or equivalent), Breaching charges (Will blow holes in walls, but does limited damage to vehicles)
Combat Medic: Carbines, Med Kit, M320/Smoke
Engineer: Carbines, Launchers, Repair/EOD
Support: LMGs, Ammo, Defibs
Recon: Sniper Rifles, C4/Mortar

Pilot (Auto selected on spawning in an air vehicle, otherwise cannot be selected): Pistol only (Should discourage people from wasting the air vehicles e.g. flying to flag and jumping out)
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 1:55 pm

I would like something similar to bf2 classes.
Back to top Go down
Omega63
Corporal
Corporal
Omega63

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Assault- assault rifle c4/ spawn radio
Medic- med box, defibs, shotgun
support- solflam- mortar- lmg
sniper- sniper bouncing betty- claymore
engineer- carbines- repair tool/welder whatever, rpg/sam land mine

all xbow, grenade, handguns, pdw/smgs, weapon camos for every weapon

different vehicle configs per classes

BRING BACK GHILLE SUIT fo snipers
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:27 pm

I wouldn't be in favour of giving recons camping tools or just shotties for the medic.
Back to top Go down
redviper911
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
redviper911

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Support-m60e4, c4, defibs, medpack, ammopack
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Totally balanced...
Back to top Go down
Klobbson
Sergeant
Sergeant
Klobbson

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
So, there's a lot of debate about how the classes need to be re-arranged for BF4, as the Assault is currently just too useful.

I'll share my system, and then post your systems/comments below

Assault: Assault Rifles, M26 (or equivalent), Breaching charges (Will blow holes in walls, but does limited damage to vehicles)
Combat Medic: Carbines, Med Kit, M320/Smoke
Engineer: Carbines, Launchers, Repair/EOD
Support: LMGs, Ammo, Defibs
Recon: Sniper Rifles, C4/Mortar

Pilot (Auto selected on spawning in an air vehicle, otherwise cannot be selected): Pistol only (Should discourage people from wasting the air vehicles e.g. flying to flag and jumping out)

This actually feels like it could work. I would like to add a hand carried SOFLAM for the Recon though.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:51 pm

I like the idea about the pilot deathdealer.

The two things I want in BF4 are ghillie suits for snipers, you could choose to have one or not depending on environment.
And I want gun customization like in MoH warfighter. It was so much more realistic, and probably my favorite part about the game. No two guns were exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:59 pm

I would like to see the SOFLAM changed. Instead of automatically locking onto vehicles, you would have to hold down the LMB for it to lock. So you could hold down the mouse button to laser designate a building or a piece of ground packed with infantry thus making LGB's a lot more useful and practical. If you have ever played the Project Reality mod for bf2 and used the GTLD, that is exactly how I would like the SOFLAM to be in bf4.
Back to top Go down
Klobbson
Sergeant
Sergeant
Klobbson

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:32 pm

I haven't played Project Reality mod for bf2 but I definitely get what you mean. Basically like a SOFLAM actually works. I absolutely agree, however, it would open up for really interesting cooperation between engineers and recon.
Back to top Go down
Omega63
Corporal
Corporal
Omega63

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
I wouldn't be in favour of giving recons camping tools or just shotties for the medic.
F*** man people will camp with a goddamn repair tool if they can lol
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 3:38 am

Recons would still have a choice of their beacon/tugs/soflam yeah. Although the soflam barely seems to be used in combination with the javelin
Back to top Go down
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:22 pm

ApplesausGoblin wrote:
I like the idea about the pilot deathdealer.

The two things I want in BF4 are ghillie suits for snipers, you could choose to have one or not depending on environment.
And I want gun customization like in MoH warfighter. It was so much more realistic, and probably my favorite part about the game. No two guns were exactly the same.
I think the MoHW gun customization was a bit over the top, and wasn't very appealing. Especially in a game thats to appeal to a broader audience, I for once actually don't mind DICE keeping the gun customization as it is, perhaps adding, tweaking, and reworking some attachments.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:59 am

Actually the classes for P4F wouldn't be entirely bad. For example, infantry scrims wouldn't be solely composed of Assault classes. Having a high-powered gun and ammo and not medpack+defibs would be a good combination.

The classes for BF3 weren't really "OP" except for the Assault class sometimes (I keep my service stars for each of my classes the same and I notice I play Assault class considerably less because of such--and it takes more points to get an Assault service star).

I'm thinking of splitting the assault class in two like Death has suggested by giving the medic half a carbine (though those can be really good weapons too). I would have it like this:

Assault: Assault Rifle, M320/M26/similar gadget
MEdic: Assault Rifle, and would be fixed with medpack/defibs/other medical devices.
(Actually now that I think of it, this is how BF2 assault/medit kits were, but ofc assault class wasnt used as much in bf2)

The other classes would be about the same (as they are in BF3) with all getting same choice of pistols, pdws, shotguns, etc.

BF2 classes...may or may not work. If I would make BF4 with bf2-like classes, I would probably do something like...

Keep Assault/med classes the same (as I mentioned above). Probably merge the Special Forces class into the Engineer class--and have both Engineer and Anti Tank class get a choice of Carbines. Keep Support the same with MG/ammo

Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:34 am

I think everyone would then play medic. It's basically what it is at the moment. If you pick an m26/m320 you sacrifice your medkit. The only difference would be not having defibs. But not many assaults take the m26/m320 anyway so I think everyone would still play medic.

And I think recon needs to be made a more useful class
Back to top Go down
Dutch5n1p3r
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Dutch5n1p3r

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:21 am

I wish for an RPG fully automatic with 30 rockets a mag. Also with lasersight.
Back to top Go down
Vortuminius
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Vortuminius

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Here's my ideas... I have no idea how these would work in practice, but meh Razz

Assault - Very High infantry damage, limited vehicle damage
- Assault Rifles
- Handguns
- M26 / M320
- Heavy Barrel (More damage over range) / Grenade Pouch
- Squad Spec

Engineer - High Vehicle damage, Moderate infantry damage
- Carbines
- Handguns
- RPG / Javelin / Stinger
- Rocket Pouch / Repair Torch / AT Mine
- Squad Spec

Support - Limited damage overall, Makes it easier for others to kill
- Light Machine Guns
- Handguns
- Crate Spec: Ammo / Explosive (Both contain bullets and explosives, however one restocks its specialization faster than the other)
- Combat Vest (Soaks more bullet damage, reduced movement to 90%) / Magnum Ammo
- Squad Spec

Medic - Rapidly Restores health, Defender
- Defibrillator
- Handguns
- Smoke Grenades / Claymores / S-Mine
- Medic Kit / Guardian (3 second grace period on revive)
- Squad Spec

Recon - Spotter
- Sniper Rifle
- Handguns
- Mortar Strikes / C4 / SOFLAM
- Stealth (You stay off the radar unless spotted by a human player) / TUGS / MAV
- Squad Spec

Class Mechanics
- Each primary may be substituted with a PDW or Shotgun
- All classes get 1 frag grenade
- Squad Specs are Sprint, Mobility, Ammo, Flak, Demolitions, Suppression, Camo, and Cover

Sprint makes you sprint faster
Mobility allows you to climb, mantle, swim and crawl faster.
Ammo gives you 2 extra magazines as max
Flak reduces explosive damage
Demolitions increases explosive damage
Frags gives you 1 more frag grenade, 1 more smoke grenade, and 1 more launched grenade (where applicable) (Stacks with pouches)
Suppression increases suppressive effects
Camo gives you high resistance to FLIR and Spots (your spot target goes away faster)
Cover reduces suppressive effects

Last edited by Vortuminius on Wed May 08, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:44 pm

nice ideas vort Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Omega63
Corporal
Corporal
Omega63

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 2:15 pm

i think we got a winner....
Back to top Go down
DJ_Razzleberry
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
DJ_Razzleberry

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:28 pm

I like Vort's ideas; it reminds me of BF2 and Project Reality's class system. Though I'd tweak it a bit; I like everyone having a "standard issue rifle", so M16A4 for Marines and AK74M for Russians, and then specific classes having access to certain attachments, optics, and other weapons as well. In addition, I'm not a fan of things like combat vests and magnum ammo; these are things that aren't very realistic to the scenario of wartime and seemed to be arbitrarily introduced to add depth to the Bad Company series.

A great example to me is the BF2/PR corpsman (medic). He carries a standard M16A4 and a plethora of medical supplies. No frills, no nade launchers or attachments. EA would never let dice roll this way, so there's some leniency in my opinion on attachments (BF4 will end up even close to COD, let's face it.) but I think an emphasis on class jobs would be cool rather than the current setup of super soldiers.
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Yeah. PR had some awesome options that I would love to see in future BF games!
Back to top Go down
Dreamon988
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:20 pm

I would love to have the same classes as bf3 but with an additional customizable personal class.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Even with the class unbalance?
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:06 am

The predicament I'm in is between the medical and assault specialties of the Assault kit...how would they be (if they were split) designed. The other classes seem to be fair.

Maybe instead of an AR for the Medic kit, have a Carbine and keep the AR for the Assault kit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:03 am

Yeah that's what I suggested. Ultimately balance is a huge difficulty for an MP game and things that seem balanced on paper may turn out not to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you design classes for BF4?   How would you design classes for BF4? Empty

Back to top Go down

How would you design classes for BF4?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top