13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Was this helpful?
Yes; I'm a n00b
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_lcap0%[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No; I'm a n00b
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_lcap0%[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes; I'm a commando
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_lcap47%[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
No; I'm a commando
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't play BFH
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_lcap13%[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
I knew this already
[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_lcap40%[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Ognoig
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Ognoig

[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... Empty
PostSubject: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:08 pm

There are ALOT of things different about commandos from your typical 'shooting' classes, and if you don't know them, your going to end up a red stain on the ground. So I figured I've been playing a while, and good or not, I know what not to do, and at least you can LFMF (Learn from my fail{s}).

There are four basic S' of commandos:

Stealth

Sneak

Shoot

Stab

To go in depth, it's basically your order of operations of how to attack successfully.

Stealth-Stealth is the difference between slicing a gunner like thanksgiving turkey, or ending up a cruel victim of a 13-year old soldier laughing his butt off as he burns your commando. Level up stealth first, and use it. While invisible at level 5, you're basically free to tour the field, as long as you stay away from the enemies.

Sneak-Using stealth, you can gain strategic land. Maybe you can sneak through town and attack those dang Nationals/Royals from behind. Or maybe you can get to that perfect sniping spot. Either way, use stealth wisely, and set up for the kill

The next two sorta give you a choice

Shoot-You have two choices here. Pistol them (but mostly use pistols while escaping or advancing), or snipe them. While using the pistol, remember that you only have 80hp, and that the SMG/MG always wins. While using the sniper, 4 things to remember
  1. The farther, the better
  2. Have a backup plan/hiding place
  3. Aim for the head
  4. PSP (Piercing Shot Pwns)

Stab-Stealth is your friend again. Using your knife, get up close, an launch a sneak attack. From here, one of two things happen:
  1. You get either out-stabed by another commando, blasting striked and shotguned by a soldier, or the gunner uses Leg it and gets away.
  2. You find a way to kill them

This is a risky business, but you have some things on your side:

• Your the fastest class
  • You have an ability called 'Elixir,' which acts as a shield and a speed boost
  • One good stab with the default knife can do well over 50hp in damage

Personally, it's a game of skill and luck, and some very difficult discussions. You have to get the feel yourself.

Thats basically what you have to do. Now for the abilities.
  1. Stealth-LEVEL THIS UP FIRST!!! This is by far your number uno ability. Without this, you're basically dead. Without this, you're going to either need to snipe, or to get really lucky. When it comes to the explanation, all it does is make you invisible. But that helps, since you only have 80hp.

2. Elixir-This is a good candidate for your next ability after stealth. It gives you a shield and speed.

3. Poison Blade-(Changed-Ocean THNX)If you're a knifing commando, this is a handy abillity, but defiantly not a must. It deceases your victim's health, and the only way to get rid of this is medicine or wait. Of course, a soldier can heal, and a gunner can shield, but then again, you just waisted their shield/MedKit. Just remember, this cancels out/gets canceled by any other ability except Stealth and Troop Trap. Same with all other abilities for commandos.

4. Piercing Shot-If your a sniping commando, this is a MUST. This increases the damage done by your sniper. If you have the default, this makes it worthwhile. If you have the high power one, a headshot and lvl 5 PS will kill anyone, except maybe a gunner with lvl 5 hero shield. The fast one allows you to get off a lot of quick, devastating attacks.

5. Troop Trap-This is a handy ability, and also helps snipers a great bunch. This is a land mine set off by shooting it, after a certain time, or, best, when an enemy is near. These can be used to protect your backside while sniping, defend an objective, or shot to create a super high jump, for excellent vantage points

6. Mark Target-This can be handy, annoying, and rack up XP. This makes a random enemy visible through walls and attracts attention. Also, this can remove enemy commandos from stealth.

And finally, remember, use the strategies you find work best. If you can snipe, don't knife someone. If you can fly a plane, don't be risky and snipe. And if you find you're a great knifer, then-no matter what anyone says-knife away.

Being a commando takes skill, patience, practice, and luck, but after a couple games, you'll be a dominating force for your team.

Last edited by Ognoig on Tue May 18, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
modernwarfare132

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:07 pm

aslo, here's a tip for killing a person in VV:
place a TT (troop trap) on the arch near the orchard. if an enemy is unlucky enough to go under it (the TT needs to be on top of the arch), it will blow up, send them flying up, and kill them when they hit the top.
Back to top Go down
Ognoig
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Ognoig

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:16 pm

williamdanm1 wrote:
place a TT (troop trap) on the arch near the orchard. if an enemy is unlucky enough to go under it (the TT needs to be on top of the arch), it will blow up, send them flying up, and kill them when they hit the top.
good times..good times
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:42 pm

williamdanm1 wrote:

I use that a lot with my Royal commando.
Back to top Go down
Ocean
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Nice guide, not really anything new to me but it might be useful for a new BFH player. Though I disagree on Poison Blade being a must for a knifer. I do just fine without the skill.
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Very handy for me, seeing as I'm quite new to the ways of a mando.

Cheers dude.
Back to top Go down
Frapnoo
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Frapnoo

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:18 pm

i dont play bfh but i am like a supercommando in bf2 Wink My principles are, Pull it out, slide it in and watch it bleed Wink
Back to top Go down
Ognoig
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Ognoig

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:01 am

Frapnoo wrote:
i dont play bfh but i am like a supercommando in bf2 Wink My principles are, Pull it out, slide it in and watch it bleed Wink

ok, i dont want to be a pervert but... THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:35 pm

Aw that's disgusting xD
Back to top Go down
Nightwatcher
Sergeant
Sergeant
Nightwatcher

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Good work
Back to top Go down
Imdashiznit
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Imdashiznit

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 1:36 am

In my honest opinion Poison Blade is a terrible skill and shouldn't be used by anyone. The reason it sucks so much is the sound and animation it makes as you activate it. This allows the enemy to hear or see you (or both), which takes away the advantage commandos have of sneaking up on their opponents.
Back to top Go down
Ognoig
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Ognoig

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:06 am

Imdashiznit wrote:
In my honest opinion Poison Blade is a terrible skill and shouldn't be used by anyone. The reason it sucks so much is the sound and animation it makes as you activate it. This allows the enemy to hear or see you (or both), which takes away the advantage commandos have of sneaking up on their opponents.
yea, i dont use it, but then again, i am tipped off alot by

A. I use the F key alot
B. The sound the stealth makes when ur in range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...   [New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando... Empty

Back to top Go down

[New Commandos Look here] So you want to be a commando...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top