13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
new to the community EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
new to the community EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
new to the community EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
new to the community EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
new to the community EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
new to the community EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
new to the community EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
new to the community EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
new to the community EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

new to the community

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
firstRAT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
firstRAT

new to the community Empty
PostSubject: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Hello this is my formal introduction, I normally don't do this, but you guys seem like a pretty neat bunch... maybe ... haha jk...

Either way, here goes:

I'm 21, semi-college graduate...-ish (i have a problem with tests... I think they are retarded and prove nothing. I can either copy the answers from a study guide or another person. Regardless, when it's all said and done, I am going to do which ever wasted less of my time)

I work for a global company that provides SaaS (software as a service) to fortune 500 companies, and small businesses. We are the leader in what we do. (our stock handle is CRM, that's all i can divulge into that)

I have a problem with people in a position of authority down talking to me, and I have no problem ignoring an online acquaintance. (this normally doesn't happen, just throwing that out there.)

Positive notes lol:

I'm pretty easy to get along with.. Smile I enjoy snowboarding skateboarding, and tinker with my computer.

I like to try to innovate environments around me, I don't like stale ideas.

and... Apparently I love FPS...
what else can i say...? I don't know... (part of my reason for posting this is it's an extremely slow day at work today.)
Back to top Go down
http://ratsplay.com
PwnsteR
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Nice to meet you. Smile If you ever want to add me on xfire my name is vonhailer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ferddy876
Discharged
Ferddy876

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Nice to meet you! Hope you have a great time in the 13th MEU! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ocean
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Welcome Smile

And about your problems with tests. Perhaps there is a slight chance for you to skip that test seeing that you already put more effort in a suggestion on ribbons. But I'm not authorized to allow you when I know you've cheated, but I could ask a higher-up for you. It'll just take longer Razz
Back to top Go down
firstRAT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
firstRAT

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:51 pm

haha, I'm almost done rewriting the test. Razz

{edit:}
I narrowed it down to 10 questions that I feel are important for new members to understand. 25 feels like I'm thrown in a class room again, and 5 makes it feel like a joke. How ever 10 is not intimidating and nor is it overkill. considering this is a game after-all, how ever it will still weed out the people who lack even the least bit of commitment. (Which is after all the point of entry tests to begin with.)

either way.. let me know what you think... its in my original post...
:here:
|
V
http://www.13thmeu.org/battlefield-bc-tests-f55/bc-test-firstrat-t1644.htm#27124
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Hello firstrat and welcome to the 13th.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/destroyrs/
Ocean
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:25 pm

I tried to be nice and you make fun of me not being a native English speaker? You obviously got what I meant by remaking the test. I'm not that touched by your 'humour'.
Back to top Go down
firstRAT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
firstRAT

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:28 pm

in no way was I making fun of you. and nor did I realize English isn't your primary language.

[Edit]

Also I see you have hidden/moved/locked/etc. my test.

I simply wrote out 10 questions I thought were important to understand as a new member. Please provide me with a reason why my Test topic is no longer viewable, and Why you believe I am making "fun" of you.

I am sorry you didn't appreciate my humor, how ever I think perhaps you are taking my responses a bit too personal. If my comment about a meaningless task is what you are going off of then you are horribly mistaken in you understanding of hat I meant by that. I was simply adding a sarcastic undertone to the situation. something to make the reader lighten up a bit, and relax. After all the answers are right there in front of them, so there is no reason for them to sweat the small stuff. (hence why some of the answers had things like banana as an option) it's simply a tool to make the test taker chuckle, and puts them on more of an equal level as the test maker. It makes the feel less alienated.

Which response do you think will grant you more appeal?
*A straight face* "Do this!" or *A kind smile* "Take your time."

I understand you guys are going for the military feel, however, people play this game to relax, and have fun, while structure can be fun to an extent... no body wants to be drafted into a straight faced organization, disillusioned into thinking it's some sort of god. (not that you guys are at all, this is ALL referring to the test)

I wrote the remade test as a serious venture, please don't take it as an attack against you.

Last edited by firstRAT on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ocean
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Alright, but I moved your BC topic somewhere else since it obviously isn't a correct example of how one is supposed to be taken. Some people put quite some effort into constructing that test and the guide coming with it, and it's being discredited (or however I should put it) by these posts.

I'll leave you to the officers now Smile

Last edited by Ocean on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firstRAT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
firstRAT

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:42 pm

read my edit... we should just chat over aim or yim... I really mean no harm with my posts

[edit]

(and thank you for the explanation) Smile (it was posted while i was updating the post up there)
Back to top Go down
Ocean
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Well, about those comments on the BC Test. Its purpose is not to make us look like a 'straight faced organization' ofcourse, but to make sure that new members actually understand the structure of the clan. And in my eyes it also adds the aspect of knowing whether or not new members are actually willing to put some effort in the clan (because if they will be too lazy to make the test, would they ever be doing anything for the clan at all?). The last is not about you, obviously.

I have taken things too personal anyway, and perhaps I might find your alternative version of the BC Test actually funny when I read it another time.

Anyhow, you've certainly been an interesting new member. Keep it up, in a positive way. I hope the officers can figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Ferddy876
Discharged
Ferddy876

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 pm

I guess this was all about miss-understanding. Anyway, it's great to have a member that thinks out-side the box! :3
Back to top Go down
firstRAT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
firstRAT

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:14 pm

haha, thanks. Either way I will stick around on the forums till the end of the day. And remain productive. Do you play BFBC2? if so you should hop on the pc tonight I will add your x-fre etc, and we can tear up a server or two.

Im more looking for a community then a clan any way. so as long as I have an account on the forum, and no bans from the servers I will be content lol.

(it would be nice to play with a team though... (if i only had friends... Sad lol jk... )
Back to top Go down
Ocean
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:22 pm

firstRAT wrote:
haha, thanks. Either way I will stick around on the forums till the end of the day. And remain productive. Do you play BFBC2?

I'm assuming this question was for me Razz

Unfortunately I don't have BFBC2, because my PC won't be able to handle it. I do play BFH, but looking at your application I see that you do not, unfortunately.

I'm still waiting for that free new PC to be delivered at my doormat (is this the word I'm looking for?). No luck though Sad

And I already added you on xfire when you asked for explanations Wink
Back to top Go down
firstRAT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
firstRAT

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm

@Ocean

That was intended for you. (my bad) I will log onto xfire as soon as i get home. I may check out BFH, how ever, I just bought BFBC2 and have fallen in love with it. I don't know if i could peel my self off of it. I will be leaving work in about 5 mins to start my 1.5hour drive home lol. So I will be on in a bit.

what are your specs on your current pc? and what are your expansion card slot types... IE do you have a pci express x16 or x8 or an AGP? and last but not least what is you mother board manufacturer and model? (i have 2 ATI Radeon HD 3870s sitting around my house, I would be happy to send one off.) they aren't the best, but if they will work for you Im sure one will be enough to play the game on low settings if nothing else. (although the game its self is light in comparison to the other new games that are out.

We can chat about this though when i log-in.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Ocean
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Alright, I'll see you then. And you'll need to help me out a bit, I'm not much of a 'wizard' regarding computers and their specifications Razz
Back to top Go down
PwnsteR
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:01 pm

firstRAT wrote:
haha, thanks. Either way I will stick around on the forums till the end of the day. And remain productive. Do you play BFBC2? if so you should hop on the pc tonight I will add your x-fre etc, and we can tear up a server or two.

Im more looking for a community then a clan any way. so as long as I have an account on the forum, and no bans from the servers I will be content lol.

(it would be nice to play with a team though... (if i only had friends... Sad lol jk... )

Anytime you want someone to play BF:BC2 with, just ring me up. Smile I have it for PC too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to the community   new to the community Empty

Back to top Go down

new to the community

View previous topic View next topic Back to top