13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) Empty
PostSubject: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 pm

If we are to proceed with this Play Date, we need to figure out a few things.

1st... many members originally included on the Play Date list above have been inactive and have not responded to recent communication attempts.

Solutions to this problem might be...

1) those of us on the list who are still active should accept all the XBOX Live friend requests.

2) those of us on the list who are still active would act as squad leaders to be able to invite [13] members and invited guests into games.

3) [13] members not on the list would be encouraged to participate in the play date in a manner similar to how we conduct practice. Another words, simply be in the BC2 lobby at 8:00pm EST on 8/4/2010 and you will be part of the team making process. However, let us know of your intention to participate.

4) If we can confirm how many of original [13] play date list members AND how many other [13] members will be able to participate, then we can try to figure out how we can make team selection happen as efficiently as possible.

SO... Let's start a roll call for the play date. Simply quote the next post in the thread and add you name to the list.

Axx

PS:

I was able to make contact with XBOX LIVE tech support and I will be able to alter the list.

I will be able to delete the inactive members on the list as well as add the names of other [13] members who will be able to participate. So, let's kick this mule.

Who is definitely in?

Post you game tag here and I will take care of making the changes. Changes need to be made by 7/29/2010 Thursday night.

Hey fellow 13th MEU members, I have an idea that might help with our recruiting efforts and bring the 13th MEU into the spotlight. We could participate in an Xbox Live "Community Playdate" session.

This would be free advertising for the 13th MEU from Xbox Live. We could use that opportunity to help recruit good candidates to our ranks and grow our numbers. It would require one of our squads to volunteer and play on a scheduled Community Playdate (i.e. Apaches, Seminoles).

Those squad members would be ambassadors for the 13th MEU. We could make a special Community Playdate page that Xbox Live would direct interested players to. That page would describe what the 13th MEU is about and what we are looking for. It could be catchy and down to earth page that shows our structure and different divisions and squads.

The page would also have a very noticeable "Recruiting" section. That section could have a slogan like "Do you think you have what it takes?" or some catchy phrase (sorry I'm working with a rough idea here).

This is just a sketch of an idea but one that could work well for us. I have all the details and what the requirements are from Xbox to set up a Community Playdate. Please tell me what you think. On a side note, I have experience in Marketing and Advertising if the 13th MEU could use that talent in some capacity.

fun with explos
Private
Apaches Squad

Last edited by fun with explos on Tue May 11, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 am

This is a great idea, It'd be nice if you thought of something for us on the Play Station side of things, though.
Back to top Go down
Ognoig
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Ognoig

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 am

as tony the tiger would say, its grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:20 am

Still... PS3. Neutral
Back to top Go down
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:53 am

I'm very sure I can come up with something; I am part of a government think tank. But I will need your help and others of the PS3 group to help me since I don't know their online community, groups and such.

Does Playstation have an online community group (similar to the one Xbox has)? Does PS3 have a "Gaming with Fame" or "Community Playdate" program? One is where you play online with actual famous people for a period of time and the later is where you get to play online with different gamer groups (i.e. Gamer Chicks, Developers and other select groups of people.

There are literally endless possibilities of events and things we could do to recruit or get the 13th MEU in the spotlight.

fun with explos
Private
Apaches Squad
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:57 am

I could like into some things in my spare time... school tomorrow though, so I won't have that much open time.
Back to top Go down
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:39 am

I totally understand...I'm always online and up late (11pm to 6am PST). Anytime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:01 am

How does a play date work?

Would we have a [13] team of 8-12 players and play against all comers?

Looking at the list, there have been a few BC2 play dates from different groups. None of them look like [13] as far as offering a structured squad environment.

I suppose the plan would be attempt to recruit players who would appreciate our structured squad environment.

I'd be interested even though I'm not one of the strongest 360 players.

I could also assist in the creation of any advertising elements.
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:44 pm

I would love to assist in this. Any way I can help... hehehe. I hadn't realized such a thing was possible. Did you see the banners I've designed for this purpose?
PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) 23sixeb

more here: http://www.13thmeu.org/informations-technology-f7/officialbad-company-2-servers-need-graphics-t1454-15.htm

Last edited by Spiralus on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dandreyer.carbonmade.com
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Nicely done...I like the banners! Let's use them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 pm

I have been using the posters as clickable images when bumping the EA recruitment threads.
Back to top Go down
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:57 pm

With Xbox Community Playdate you need to have a structured group (like the 13th MEU). There has to be a website that the public can access and learn more about the group and its members. I don't have the information with me since I'm at work but, the groups who play on Community Playdates have had anywhere from 6-10 members that can play (rough number).

We would have to provide Xbox Live Community Playdate manager a list of screen names of our members who will be playing. Those screen names would be posted on the Community Playdate information site (both www.xbox.com and on Xbox Live) for the public to see. The page with our Community Playdate would have a brief description of who we are and who the public will play with on the scheduled date and time.

Xbox Live Gold members are asked to send a "Game Invite" to the posted members. Who we select will be the players that we will play with during the scheduled time. The Community Playdate play session will be monitored by Xbox Live.

I will find my notes later tonight when I get off work to get the exact number of squad members we can have play. Could we ask the chain of command if it could be possible to create a public webpage or area on this site dedicated to this event? If we make a separate webpage I'm sure we can find funding or a no coast option that would work.

fun with explos
Private
Apaches squad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:36 pm

I have registered on GM battles and can now receive an invite from Spiralus.

http://gamebattles.com/profile/bytehoven
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:47 pm

This idea is so excellent it has been prioritized into "Operation: Paydirt" All those who contribute will be awarded ribbons by Bronxebomber. Let's get 'er done. Oohrah.
Back to top Go down
http://dandreyer.carbonmade.com
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 pm

Sweet...I will get started right away! I will keep you updated when I hear back from the Xbox Live Community Manager.

fun with explos
Private
Apaches squad
Back to top Go down
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Operation "Paydirt" Update:

I'm currently waiting for the Xbox Community Manager to return from vacation. When she gets back in about two weeks...I will update the division when I hear back from her. Until then let's all get online and improve our squad tactics, communications and our individual skills.

fun with explos
Private
Apaches Squad
Back to top Go down
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:14 am

Update on "Project Paydirt":

The Xbox Live Community Manager has returned from vacation. I received a message from Trixie360 today and we will talk more in detail tomorrow. Hopefully I will have more information including the Green Light from her. When I do, I will post a thread requesting interested squad members to comitt to a scheduled playdate and time. Those selected members screen names will be made public to everyone on XBL under the "Community Playdate" section on XBL and the Xbox website. More to come...stay tuned.

fun with explos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 am

Fun...

We might want to set up a new XBL GT which we could all subscribe as a friend, then others would request friend status with that GT name. The GT could be ... 13thMEU

This might help those of us not interested in adding a bunch of new GTs to our friend list. My current friend list is almost exclusively [13] members.
Back to top Go down
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:23 am

Hey that's a hell of an idea! Who should run that account? Or all of us pitch in and leave the password open to Squad Staff?

fun
Back to top Go down
Svendor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:27 am

I would be available to participate, depending on when this would go down. And it mus be nice to take a two week vacation, geeze...lol
Back to top Go down
BulletFlux
Discharged
BulletFlux

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:40 am

I would love to do anything I can to help. I can use my budding photoshop skills to create soem sort of ads... Whatever you guys want.
Back to top Go down
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:48 am

Sweet...I do know one requirement to be apart of the Community Playdate. We have to have a public webpage that anyone can view. The page must tell the public about what we do in gaming, our code, the members...etc. We WILL need that before we are able to do it.

fun
Back to top Go down
Svendor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:09 pm

fun with explos wrote:
Sweet...I do know one requirement to be apart of the Community Playdate. We have to have a public webpage that anyone can view. The page must tell the public about what we do in gaming, our code, the members...etc. We WILL need that before we are able to do it.

fun

Can an intro page be created that would detail this information, which could come up before the "portal" page? Or, could the portal page be edit to contain this information up front?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:08 pm

The only problem is the GT should have gold card status.

Would members be willing to make a small paypal payment to help cover the cost to buy & maintaining annual gold status for each GT name?

There has also been discussion of setting up a global GT for each Squad. The reason is to help players avoid the current 100 member name limit on XBL.

Last edited by bytehoven on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Svendor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:13 pm

bytehoven wrote:
The only problem is the GT should have gold card status.

Would members be willing to make a small paypal payment to help cover the cost to buy & maintaining annual gold status for each GT name?

There has also been discussion of setting up a global GT for each Squad. The reason is to help players avoid the current 100 member name limit on XBL.

Additional Squad GT names could be:

13 Apaches
13 Seminoles
13 Comanches
13 Hunters

I believe you posted this in the wrong thread?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)   PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

PROJECT PAYDIRT-XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY PLAYDATE (Members READ!!!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top