13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Good laptop for light gaming EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Good laptop for light gaming EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Good laptop for light gaming EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Good laptop for light gaming EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Good laptop for light gaming EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Good laptop for light gaming EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Good laptop for light gaming EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Good laptop for light gaming EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Good laptop for light gaming EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Good laptop for light gaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

Good laptop for light gaming Empty
PostSubject: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 3:16 pm

So this christmas I will be getting a laptop and since I know little about PC's I would like some advice as to which of these 3 laptops is greater for playing games like BF2 BFP4F, now keep in mind these 3 laptops are already better than my Desktop PC..... I know sad but if someone could help me out. Also I want to know if I would be able to run ARMA 2 on one of these on the lowest settings since im on a tight budget would really appreciate the help. I would also like to ask that if you find something for the same price range in laptops and is the slightest bit better than these 3 that you help me out and tell me I really want one that can run light games smoothly

Dell Inspiron i15R-1633sLV 15.6-Inch Laptop
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i15R-1633sLV-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B009US2BKA/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1354939379&sr=1-1#productDetails

HP Pavillion G6-2123us 15.6" Laptop (AMD A6-4400 Trinity Processor 2.6 GHz with 3.0 GHz Turbo, AMD Radeon HD 7520G, 640 GB HDD, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EC0GMS/?tag=gaminglaptops0-20

Acer Aspire V3-551-8469 15.6-Inch Laptop (Midnight Black)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009A8L0IE/?tag=gaminglaptops0-20
Back to top Go down
https://13thmeu.forumotion.com/forum
lordshogun
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
lordshogun

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 3:26 pm

i would go for the HP pavilion
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:01 pm

I would say the Acer
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:25 pm

lordshogun wrote:

I'm with shogun on this one. The acer may have a quadcore, but individual core speed is kinda slow, and a lot of games including arma are badly optimized for multi-core systems. I couldn't find any relevant graphics card comparisons, but you're probably going to be gaming on low anyway. As always you should really consider if you need the mobility, because otherwise laptops are kinda bad for gaming.
Back to top Go down
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:00 pm

sryan wrote:
lordshogun wrote:

I'm with shogun on this one. The acer may have a quadcore, but individual core speed is kinda slow, and a lot of games including arma are badly optimized for multi-core systems. I couldn't find any relevant graphics card comparisons, but you're probably going to be gaming on low anyway. As always you should really consider if you need the mobility, because otherwise laptops are kinda bad for gaming.

I would rather get a laptop due to me already having (a shitty) desktop

I just want the higher end PC that can run games like BF2 BFP4F World Of Tanks and maybe Planetside 2 and arma 2 on the lowest settings since my Desktop cant run any of those I only get around 10-25 FPS on any of those games
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:12 pm

if can go up to 630 u can get what I got on ebay
Back to top Go down
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:17 pm

WillDill wrote:
if can go up to 630 u can get what I got on ebay

Wish I had the money I only have a $500 budget I just want to make sure I get the most I can from that I can upgrade it later just want to know what the best computer I can get for that is.
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:13 am

The Acer has the worse processor but better graphics; the Pavilion has the better processor but worse graphics.
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:15 am

flame211 wrote:
sryan wrote:
lordshogun wrote:

I would rather get a laptop due to me already having (a shitty) desktop

I just want the higher end PC that can run games like BF2 BFP4F World Of Tanks and maybe Planetside 2 and arma 2 on the lowest settings since my Desktop cant run any of those I only get around 10-25 FPS on any of those games

believe me, I'm sitting at my laptop that I only use for homework that I thought would be good for gaming. after 1 year it couldn't even run BF3 at all. and I'm using a relatively higher end laptop ( 1300 price range ) then you are, it will be hopelessly outdated to soon. It may look cool that your laptop is going to run a 7 series AMD card and a quadcore or i3 processor, but they are the Mobile versions, aka the HEAVILY nerfed versions. If you'd invested that €450 budget of yours into a half decent motherboard, proccessor and video card ( you can definatly get decent parts for that money, people build systems from the ground up that play bf3 on high for about €600, including case, PSU, HDD and memory wich you already have ) you could actually run BF3 on decent settings, play arma and WoT without a hitch and probably play PS2 as well. It would devastate BF2 even on ultra. It will take some figuring out wich parts would be best for you, but there's pro's here on the forums, on forums worldwide and ofcourse the shopassistants that can guide you to make the best choices on hardware. Then it will take some labour to install the new parts, maybe you need a relative or a friend to help you with it, or you can let your local computershop do it for you for €20, and KABLAM, you have yourself a decent desktop! some parts outdated after a few years? buy some new parts for a few bucks and you're back on ultra mode with the latest games, instead of shelling out hundreds for another system that will play medium-low, or thousands if you want to dabble into ultra gaming. A laptop cannot be upgraded, maybe sometimes you can upgrade a 1 series to a 2 series card ( as an example ) for a RIDICILOUS price that is just not worth it. You can throw it away with the trash gaming wise after a few years. The only time when I reccomend a laptop is when you NEED that mobility ( need to bring it to school with you, your parents are divorced and you're moving between them often or for any other reason are moving around a lot and want your system with you )

sincerly, a regretting laptop buyer that didn't really need one but is now gaming on an awesome desktop
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 am

If it were up to me, better the proccessor then the graphics.
Back to top Go down
Mckrack
Corporal
Corporal
Mckrack

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:26 am

Why not buy a refurbished one from dell in the outlet.
I have few friends who owned the alienware ones under 900 pounds i7 1.78 GHz with Gtx 580m.
U will have to be lucky to get these deals and christmas is the ideal time for it.
Keep tabs on the site u may be lucky to get ones.
Last time I checked they had desktop i7 39 series; gtx 680 6 gb ram and 120 gb ssd. under 1100 quids.
You just need to extend the warranty if u want.

or check new ones on
www.dmxdimension.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good laptop for light gaming   Good laptop for light gaming Empty

Back to top Go down

Good laptop for light gaming

View previous topic View next topic Back to top