13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
K1NGFL1P
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1NGFL1P

Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions Empty
PostSubject: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:03 am

Basically, this will be a review of the new MoH game, Hopefully, this will give you guys a better understanding of what the game is like, how it plays, and if it's worth your money to get this.

First Glance
i started playing online immediately, since i don't care much foryt the storyline just yet. At first i was having alot of fun, i pre-ordered the game, so i got the extra Point Man on Day1 so i ran with that for the time being. everything seemed to play smoothly, i had no problems logging on. No problems with the Battlelog. no problems with the game in general. so far so good.

Gameplay
i joined a match of "Home-Run"(Basically you MoH version of CTF and S&D combined) and instantly saw some flaws. For one, the graphics in this game are less than great, as shown in all the commercials and whatnot (as expected of PC previews). In fact, i thought they were pretty atrocious, They looked graphics coming off a late gen PS2 game, or early gen PS3 game. if you still cant imagine, it was comparable to Uncharted I. For a game running Frostbite 2.0 AND almost 2 years after BF3 came out, i expected alot more.
I played around for a bit a noticed a bit more. Once in game, the "smoothness" goes away, if i strafed left or right, it seemed like the player was moving "Laggily" per say. basically, movements felt broken. even moving your gun around didn't seem to respond as well as i hoped. None the less, i continued. i soon began to get frustrated with the game, i had ranked up to PFC III. but found myself stuck in that rank (I continued to rankup, but it would not show it under my playercard) because of this, i could not get any new unlocks. so, i backed out and entered again, this fixed the problem temporarily, i started ranking up again, along with unlocks. But then, my unlocks began to disappear again, stuff i had unlocked became locked again, and things i had, were lost.
I was pissed off at this point, to make matters worse. alot of maps were very glitched and bugged (spawn killing. shooting through walls. spawning out of map. randomly dying. etc.) so far, the game wasn't holding my or my friends attention.

Guns
This is about the only thing i truly enjoy about this game. The guns were easy and fun to use, again, they did have some balancing issues, but not enough to be a deal breaker. However, one thing that did bother me, were the weapon camos. if you have ever played Army Of Two: The 40th Day. you know exactly what im talking about, as they look EXACTLY like that. the camo is plastered on every little part of the gun, making it like your latest Super Soaker or Nerf Gun. Not to mention, the camos are ugly as hell (with the exception of a few). taking off the camo isn't much better, as it makes the gun look a "plasticy" midnight black. also, the weapons could use a bit more to upgrade features, if i recall correctly, there are only 4 modifications that actually do anything, even then, they don't do much. the other 2 or 3 upgrades are just cosmetic enhancements, and don't change the performance of the gun at all.

Conclusion
I haven't said much as im still pretty new to the game, and again, these are all MY opinions and things i have experienced thus far. But to be blunt, i think this game is a waste of money, there is just to much bad that outweighs the good. sure, it may be fixed in the near future, but first impressions can be pretty crucial, and this game just didn't deliver. To recap, graphics were poor. im not a huge graphics guy but again, i expected more or at least comparable to BF3 seeing as they are running the same engine. Honestly, Call Of Duty has better graphics. (Not as detailed though). The weapons remind me of childrens' toys as they seem super fake. the camos just don't do it justice. So, if you were considering getting this, i would think long and hard before you do, $62 isn't cheap for a game you may not enjoy.

and if you have any questions or anything you'd like know that i didn't put here comment or ask and ill try to answer.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:08 am

Not taking away from your opinions, but Lvlcap has put his out. Nice write up btw, I'll wait till I buy it to properly comment.

Back to top Go down
K1NGFL1P
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1NGFL1P

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:14 am

Yeah watched his before posting this, i just wanted to give my two cents of how the game played for me
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:33 am

IMHO, it looks like a F2P PC type game. Really laggy, and lacking in the graphics department. Glowing soldiers. Awesome.

The running looks hilarious, like they are skating on the floor, like it is ice or something.

I don't think I will be buying this, and unless something changes how the game looks, and I do get it, it will be for the lol factor alone. MoH, you have failed me. N0o0o.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 am

splintercellsz wrote:
IMHO, it looks like a F2P PC type game. Really laggy, and lacking in the graphics department. Glowing soldiers. Awesome.

That only happens when your "buddy" gets killed. It highlights the player that did it, similar to the "revenge" deathstreak perk in MW3.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:44 pm

I meant for the teamates.

It looks like your teamates have a huge white glowring ring around them. Atomic-Soldiers of the future?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
RJ_Whitlock_9mm

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:58 pm

My only and biggest complaint is the blue on blue contact, what happened to fighting terrorists? Not shooting at your own SF.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
K1NGFL1P
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1NGFL1P

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:20 pm

hopefully in the patches to come, they fix the things that make this such a bad game, even today, i ranked up to SSG3 and when i went to see what was unlocked the exact opposite had happened, everything was locked again. i couldnt use Demolitions, Spec-Ops or Point-Man. so in turn, i had to restart the game to fix it Mad
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:29 pm

K1NGFL1P wrote:
hopefully in the patches to come, they fix the things that make this such a bad game, even today, i ranked up to SSG3 and when i went to see what was unlocked the exact opposite had happened, everything was locked again. i couldnt use Demolitions, Spec-Ops or Point-Man. so in turn, i had to restart the game to fix it Mad

Really? That's odd. I know that there's a HUGE patch that came with the game. On one hand it sucks to have to deal with downloading such a big patch before you even play the game, but at least they decided to do it now rather than weeks down the road when things need to be fixed promptly.
Back to top Go down
GoldFusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GoldFusion

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:58 pm

it looks like this game is competing against COD most likely, I think the SP should should be fun
Back to top Go down
K1NGFL1P
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1NGFL1P

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:14 pm

i didn't get a big patch, just downloaded the game, installed it, input in pre-order codes i got, and bam that's what i got. maybe theres something im not seeing but so far, nothing
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Maybe it hasn't hit the PS3 platform yet but I had a nearly 60MB update as soon as I put in the game.

Official story can be found here. Along with the complete list of all the fixes itemized.
Back to top Go down
mekline
Mek's Rank
Mek's Rank
mekline

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:19 pm

its on ps3 i get it
Back to top Go down
K1NGFL1P
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1NGFL1P

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:31 am

i guess i have it then, otherwise it would prompt me to install it.
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
RJ_Whitlock_9mm

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 am

I got the patch when I first put the game in and it was 200+ megabytes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 am

I also have some grips with this game, for one you cannot choose with whom you squad up. So me and Deathdealer are on the same team but are not fireteam buddies. Another thing is this blue on blue crap. I'm a german shooting an american shooting an englishman shooting a south korean? I liked the US vs taliban or bf3's USMC vs russian para's better.

aside from that i'm enjoying my time with this game. the guns handle pretty well ( although my KSK's G3 came with such a huge scope I cannot see anything on my right ) and ground control is a fun mode to play
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:26 pm

The UI is pretty infuriating and I keep getting dropped from EA but it's fun, just wish you could pick fireteams, so many times I see myself on my own, and someone else on their own
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions   Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions Empty

Back to top Go down

Medal Of Honor: Warfighter & My opinions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top