13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
redviper911
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
redviper911

Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. Empty
PostSubject: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:48 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/27/texas-teen-makes-violent-joke-during-video-game-is-jailed-for-months/
Not really sure why the kid got 8 years for that.. But what ever.. it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 pm

You like the daily caller too huh? I put that article up in a different post. But it's happened again!
http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/02/second-teen-spends-months-in-jail-for-video-game-threat/
And it's outrageous that that kid could get 8 years for what he said and the other could get 10 years. Because of a few stupid comments they make online playing a game, the rest of their lives will be ruined. No college, tough to get a job because of their "criminal records". IF THEY GO TO JAIL THEIR LIVES ARE OVER. No victim, no crime. And the most outrageous part about it is the first kid was clearly joking. But hey we're lucky we're not behind bars yet. We commit 3 felonies a day on average...

Back to top Go down
DayTex
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
DayTex

PostSubject: Re: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:20 pm

It seems pretty stupid to me that this even happened, 10 years and up to $250k is too much for such a small thing.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 pm

The first kid didn't even do anything, they should just let him go and pay him $250K.
Back to top Go down
DayTex
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
DayTex

PostSubject: Re: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:52 pm

$250k for that! It should just be like a $500 fine for something this stupid.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:04 pm

No, I meant that the feds should pay the kid $250K for putting him in jail for no reason. The kid shouldn't pay anything.

And that brings another issue, the 6th amendment guarantees a speedy trial. The kid has been in jail for 3 months, no trial. He is innocent until proven guilty.

And a $500 dollar fine? God, I'd say a $5 fine is too much lol.

The issue here is that he was imprisoned for no reason, not how much his sentence or fines should be.
Back to top Go down
DayTex
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
DayTex

PostSubject: Re: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:42 pm

ApplesausGoblin wrote:
No, I meant that the feds should pay the kid $250K for putting him in jail for no reason. The kid shouldn't pay anything.

And that brings another issue, the 6th amendment guarantees a speedy trial. The kid has been in jail for 3 months, no trial. He is innocent until proven guilty.

The issue here is that he was imprisoned for no reason, not how much his sentence or fines should be.
I guess I read over it too quickly, and yea the reason for his imprisonment is stupid.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:19 pm

DayTex wrote:
ApplesausGoblin wrote:

I guess I read over it too quickly, and yea the reason for his imprisonment is stupid.
More like the lack of a good reason, like Adam Kokesh said in the video, It's to fill the quota of arrests, it's how cops get paid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:51 am

People don't know how to take jokes anymore these days. You say one thing, and people act like the world is ending. It's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.   Watch what you say while playing games. I guess. Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch what you say while playing games. I guess.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top