13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Possibly new graphics?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:05 am

However If a person doesn't want to join because of the site then we don't want then really. we want people who are friendly and people should play us before they judge

Like the saying goes

You can't judge a book by it's cover

If someone doesn't like our site it's their loss as they don't get to meet our amazing team

The site should be the very last of our worries our main priority is to recruit and help build up divisions to make them bigger
Back to top Go down
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:16 am

True. But we're just one book in a bookstore.

I just want to make sure that the back cover is worth looking at when they're browsing. Otherwise we may get brushed off.

Are you saying we can't chew gum and walk at the same time?
Making a new banner isn't going to take away from recruitment lol.

I suggest we just open up a competition among the graphic designers and see what happens. If the clan doesn't like the submissions then fine, but it will spark activity within the forums.

Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:55 am

Were getting few recruits as it is atm anyway so once we are getting more members then we should think about a new banner

Members should be active on forums anyway and a "competition" shouldnt be a reason for people whpo dont come on much to come on more they should be on more in the first place
Back to top Go down
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:02 am

As if a few people working on a new banner is going to take away from the recruitment effort?

What's wrong with giving people a bit of incentive?

What's wrong with making the site more practical or better looking?

What's wrong with giving them a reason to come onto the site?
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:31 am

Damonavril wrote:
As if a few people working on a new banner is going to take away from the recruitment effort?

Im not saying it is but many people dont even bump threads and its always the same people who have to bump them.Its not like we get many members atm as it is anyway

Damonavril wrote:
None here Very Happy

Damonavril wrote:
Nothing however this is not as important as other things in the clan

Damonavril wrote:
The reason is that they should be on the site in the first pace they shouldnt have to be given a reason to come on they should be active on forums.

Im not trying to be the mr grump guy Surprised just trying to explain that there are more important things that need doing than a new site because its "not pretty" Smile
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:17 pm

What do you feel is more important, than updating our site's image and to potentially bring in more members? Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from. The site looks the way it does and has been that way, and yet we are still getting members, so why change it. If that is the case, then it doesn't matter what the site looks like, which mean it wouldn't hurt to try.
Back to top Go down
Doctor_girl
Corporal
Corporal
Doctor_girl

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:14 pm

I like it Sad It's old school and as Trister said still getting us new members so why change it? I dont see any point on it.
Being a good clan has nothing to do it with good graphics or good looks Smile
Back to top Go down
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:31 pm

totalwarrior6780 wrote:
Damonavril wrote:

Im not saying it is but many people dont even bump threads and its always the same people who have to bump them.Its not like we get many members atm as it is anyway

Damonavril wrote:
None here Very Happy

Damonavril wrote:
Nothing however this is not as important as other things in the clan

Damonavril wrote:
The reason is that they should be on the site in the first pace they shouldnt have to be given a reason to come on they should be active on forums.

Im not trying to be the mr grump guy Surprised just trying to explain that there are more important things that need doing than a new site because its "not pretty" Smile

Right so. You haven't thought about the idea that the reason why people aren't joining is because of the looks?

Let me tell you. Clan hunting is a bit like shopping. You go for the one that looks the most promising.

When I first bought battlefield I was actually looking at three clans. One of them was this one, of course. The other one didn't have a website, they talked to me first. The next was one that had a website. They had similar numbers to this clan, and they even had filled servers for BF3. Do you know what the turn off was for me? Their Website Looked Like S***. It looked as if a three year old came up with the forum design. But what really stuck me here was the way applications were handled and of course that trister talked to me the day after I applied.

So you're saying, giving them a legitimate reason to look at the site is a bad thing? I don't follow your logic here. You expect everybody to be active on the site. Yet when you see a reason for them to be on the site you scowl at the idea? I'm at a loss for words here.

There really isn't any effort into making a new banner... I'm not sure where you all are getting that making a banner is a long and arduous process. It's a side thought really.

The Points for changing the banner
1. It is too Big. When you first come on to the site it literally takes 3/4ths of the screen. When you go to different pages it takes up 3/4ths of the screen. I KNOW I'M IN THE 13TH

2. The symbolism in the banner is redudant. Too much text. A map and text saying that we are a global community. Using either would be explicit enough. Oh and we are not fighting for "their future"

3. It makes no mention as to what we are. We are a FPS Gaming Clan and community.

Back to top Go down
ghost9719
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ghost9719

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:55 pm

I think a more actual look would be just fine
Back to top Go down
Doctor_girl
Corporal
Corporal
Doctor_girl

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:22 pm

I dont look for good look webpages, nothing like shopping for me. I look for clans that have a good teamwork ingame. Smile
Back to top Go down
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:34 pm

How you look is very telling of your mannerisms.

The site tries to be professional with the application and boot camp. Then comes the graphics... and I laugh.

How do I put this bluntly.

The current banner looks like crap.

And that's all I have to say on that matter. Change it or not. Woteva Razz
Back to top Go down
Doctor_girl
Corporal
Corporal
Doctor_girl

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Chill out, mam. This is vintage cheers
Back to top Go down
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:59 pm

It was analogy for the banner and the clan. not you lol.
Back to top Go down
Doctor_girl
Corporal
Corporal
Doctor_girl

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:01 pm

I never tought you were talking about me, i'm still talking about the banner Smile
Vintage ftw.
Back to top Go down
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Well like I've suggested before. Put the existing one on an intro page and a smaller one for the main site. Best of both worlds.

Actually. i've got an hour. I'll make an intro page. Gimme a few..........
Back to top Go down
Doctor_girl
Corporal
Corporal
Doctor_girl

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:11 pm

I think this is more of a social/gaming community... dont get me wrong. graphics are the last thing we should worry about Smile
Back to top Go down
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Shhhhh. I just want to make things pretty. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Doctor_girl
Corporal
Corporal
Doctor_girl

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Lol i'm just saying what i think Smile I'm more interested on gaming Razz
Back to top Go down
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down
ghost9719
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ghost9719

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:42 pm

It's cool avril keep working
Back to top Go down
Doctor_girl
Corporal
Corporal
Doctor_girl

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:22 pm

for and add it looks really cool Smile i dont think it would work for front page tho, but it looks nice. i like the background, i had one similar on my blog once Razz
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:01 am

So people feel that the look of the site should be the last thing we worry about but not saying what they think is the first thing.
Back to top Go down
C_KiLaSpEeD_G
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
C_KiLaSpEeD_G

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 am

website looks fine to me.......
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:54 am

Like I said before Trister are main effort is recruiting and getting bigger. Smile (hurry up and get bf3 on your ps3 cheers

So you're saying, giving them a legitimate reason to look at the site is a bad thing? I don't follow your logic here. You expect everybody to be active on the site. Yet when you see a reason for them to be on the site you scowl at the idea? I'm at a loss for words here.

No I'm saying that they SHOULD be active in the first place they don't need a reason to come on more when they should be doing that.

Right so. You haven't thought about the idea that the reason why people aren't joining is because of the looks?

I have thought about it and I'm saying if someone won't join a clan because of looks it's kind of silly. A page doesn't make a clan it's the people in it

Regarding the intro page.

It's good I like it but I wouldn't use the Join us now thingy in the top corner as it looks a bit cartoony and a bit childy

But otherwise good stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:15 am

For funsies (From an old post I did, just felt like re-posting them for the lulz):

splintercellsz wrote:
Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 13th11

Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 13thcu11

Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 13thme15

Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 Meucam11

Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 Meudig14

Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 Meutac11
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possibly new graphics?   Possibly new graphics? - Page 2 Empty