13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

I've been thinking about a Military Career

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What branch should I join?
Navy
I've been thinking about a Military Career I_vote_lcap11%I've been thinking about a Military Career I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Army
I've been thinking about a Military Career I_vote_lcap33%I've been thinking about a Military Career I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Marines
I've been thinking about a Military Career I_vote_lcap22%I've been thinking about a Military Career I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Air Force
I've been thinking about a Military Career I_vote_lcap33%I've been thinking about a Military Career I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
metsman3.0
Sergeant
Sergeant
metsman3.0

I've been thinking about a Military Career Empty
PostSubject: I've been thinking about a Military Career   I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:56 pm

I've always had a strong interest in the military, but now's really the point in time I've actually thought about a possible career. At my school we have Navy army and Airforce reps come once a month (Marines never come for some reason) and it's started bagging on my mind. I dont want to join the military for a paycheck and end up being a mercinary in uniform, plus I've always been good with mechanicals and electricals. So if I ever do end up in the Military, what branch should I join? Post the division to like MPs or Corps of Enginers.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: I've been thinking about a Military Career   I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:27 pm

I guess the Navy seems good for me if I had to choose. (not very interested in joining any branch since im not that kind of guy)
Probably because nowadays it is a particularly safe job that still reaps the benefits and adrenaline. Whilst marines maybe in the close combat and not firing missiles or shooting subs or saving people from African pirates, marines are MUCH more susceptible to getting hurt or to dieing. Sadly, the marines are often politically viewed as the Calvary, (aka there is so much of them that you can send them in even if they are going to die)

Now, if this is about you, and you are good with engineering, and technical stuff, the Navy fits in very nice for you, there is a lot of technical stuff to do with the navy. (and you still get to deal with jets)
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
will1456
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I've been thinking about a Military Career   I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:02 pm

You're 14. Wait until your senior year of high school to decide, your still at that age where you will be wanting to do this or that so this thread honestly can't be taken seriously. My best advice to you though (although either way you should be doing it anyways) is to just work out in general run, weights, sports. A recruiter can only answer questions for you but he will not consider you a serious candidate until your 17 and a senior.

On a personal note, I wasn't sure about the Army until the final months of high school, military wasn't my first choice but I'm glad I went through with it. I leave next tuesday for training. (infantry) Enjoy life, the military isn't going anywhere.

Just so you don't think I'm saying that you shouldn't think about it because you should but also have other options open always think about your future but don't over think it. Junior year is where you should start picking up that pace about your future and also, stay out of trouble because school related things can affect your ability of joining.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I've been thinking about a Military Career   I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:12 pm

I agree with Will. You're 14, and still can decide whether or not you want to enlist, as it's still early. Right now, you're focus should be enjoying life, getting an education, working part-time, etc.

However, regarding the branch, it depends on your interest and what role you want to be. If you're interested in different types of Engineering, such as Mechanical and Technical, then either the Air Force or Navy provide great programs for Mechanical Engineering, and Technical.

However, if you want to build fortifications, the Army Corp of Engineers is a better branch.

If you want to work with security or rescue, the Coast Guard, Military Police Corps, and the Air Force are the best.

If you want to work with intelligence, I recommend the Marines, IF you want to work in an area that has lots of action, but heavy paperwork. The Navy always seems to be a favorite, as well as the Air Force.

If you want to work with infantry/vehicle combat, then the Marines or the Army are you best bet.

Back to top Go down
metsman3.0
Sergeant
Sergeant
metsman3.0

PostSubject: Re: I've been thinking about a Military Career   I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks for the feedback so far. Look, Im not going to go right now and ask for a brochoure or something, Im just trying to look at all my options. I said IF I decide down the road if I want to join the Armed Services, Im not even sure if I want to yet. Im turning 15 in 2 days. I'll be deadly's age and he's doing something already. I figure I should look at all of my future pssiblilities, including service.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I've been thinking about a Military Career   I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Good for you. I agree that time to time, I am deciding on what branch to join the military. I have yet to decide for the Military Police Corps, the Air Force, or the Navy. I for now, don't want to deal with infantry/vehicle combat, unless it's patrolling.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: I've been thinking about a Military Career   I've been thinking about a Military Career EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Best living conditions - Air Force
Sea Based Ops - Navy
Land invasion force - Army
Coastal raid force - Marines
Save them boaters - Coast Guard

But, since you are 14, don't think about it. Things will change in your life, and you may not want to join, due to finding new intrests, a girl, family matters, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been thinking about a Military Career   I've been thinking about a Military Career Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been thinking about a Military Career

View previous topic View next topic Back to top