13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi Empty
PostSubject: Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi   Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:11 am

This post that you're about to read contains a lot of personal opinion, and should definately be questioned when necessary; I've been thinking about this over the time that I've been gone (Back on July 25th), and I'm finally posting it.

I think that we need a lot of practice on Karkand, since its such a volatile (in terms of the many strategy options) map. You can have vehicle wars, which requires engineers to get it under control, or a more infantry based game, where if one team suddenly breaks out a vehicle, it could mean hell for the other.

Sharqi, however, since it has no vehicles, is more predictable, and will definately call for Assults with their lower-recoil (compared to LMGs) higher firing rate (situational usage), and overall usefullness. However, engineers would be useful with SMGs, since the longest stretch is still I believe C to B. However, after the initial few firefights and handing over of B from team to team, provided that we've maintained our first base, the victor is usually decided by the time it reaches 400-600 points for 1 team.

Now, I'll try to analyze the four classes and discussing their usefullness for these two maps.

Lets start with the Medic. Now, the Medic is supposed to heal and revive teammates (duh), and on paper looks like a great asset for a clan match. However, since many people have pre-purchased bandages and adrenaline, the usefulness of the medkits are limited, unless the cup happens to ban bandaids and adrenaline. The other important use for a Medic is reviving, which looks very useful if revive is trained to 3/3. Sadly, since these are organized clans that we face and not regular public games, that one second used to revive a soldier may get the medic killed, which would be, uh, problematic.

Next, the Engineer. The Engi is supposed to use vehicles to his advantage, but since we only have one vehicle map, and its not even full out vehicle-using, the Engineer might as well just carry some mines and be more infantry-based. Their SMGs have the fastest firing rate of all weapons, which is the second most useful CQC weapon next to shotguns. For this reason, they are able to excel on Sharqi and terrorize with surprise vehicles on Karkand.

Now, the Assult. The Assult has what may be the most well-rounded weapon of them all, the Assult Rifle. This rifle has the accuracy and power to do well at long ranges, and a fast enough firing rate to hold its own in close quaters. Having ammo I find more useful in a clan match, and since dying for ammo is inconvenient, the Assult can be a great asset. There is one skill in particular that I can say would help significantly in a clan war. This would be Req Reinforcements. This is because spawning at a faraway base may be inconvenient, and the team loses firepower for a certain amount of time. However, spawning at a faraway base can help defend against infiltrators, so its really a win-win situation.

Lastly, the Recon. The Recon is the sniper/scout of the team, and although he may be seen as less useful by some, he has his uses. There are two types of Recon that will be useful on Sharqi and Karkand. On Sharqi, a free-roaming shotgun-Recon is helpful against infiltrators, since flanking paths are often narrow and tight. These Recons can locate their enemies with motion sensors, and then go in for the kill with the shotgun. Another thing that may be useful is calling in a free-roaming recon in a raid, since they can place motion sensors and go insane with their shotguns; the recons come in and inflict damage, everyone else cleans up. On a side note, don't bother with the pump-action shotguns, SAIGA-12 and SPAS-15 are the way to go. Next, the Sniping Recon is very useful on Karkand. One or two sniping recons strategically placed and guard bases while also
providing support and distraction during flag raids. Motion sensors should be requested at necessary points so that the rest of the team can go in for the flag.

I hope that that wasn't too much of an eyesore, and feel free to add your own opinions and the such. Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi   Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:43 am

These are very thought-out and informative thoughts. I share your views mostly. I, have being in a cup match as well as a scrim, can tell you I disagree with your view of medics. Medpacs and rez helps if used properly, which comes with being a good medic. Sometimes it is benifial to die and get brought back, give replenished ammo and nades when you are brought back. But again, it requires a good medic to do it properly. bandaids and adren shots have cooldowns and a medpac helps when they are not up. Also, having a medpac or 2 down in a firefight is constand healing where the bandaid stops once your hit again, and the shot is only 50 at once. The problem I normally have is I either forget or die during the firefight with the enemy having 10ish hp left. A medpac would had changed the outcome is most of these situations.

The rest of your class thoughts i feel are acurrate. Tatics and knowing one's class and the map are the 2 biggest keys to victory in the cup. As well as teamwork. With 8v8 matches, you normally run into 1v1 or 2v2 battles instead of a normal 16v16 match when people are everywhere. So tactics and flanking is hugely important and can determind victory.

Another big thing people must learn, it isn't over till it is over. The match can still be won even when it looks over. I can not tell you how many matches I have had that I have been winning 950-700 and lost because people goofed off and lost all the bases and couldn't get even one back before we lost. Or like last night, we were losing, though it was close the whole game, then we came back at the end and won 1000-998.

The point is, never give up. Know the map, communicate, and know your class. Follow orders as well. Each team should have a "captain" or leading officer. That person should give orders and they need to be followed. Remember that this clan is following the concept of the Marine Corps and they are a well oiled machine because they follow their leadership and orders. If we do the same, as long as we have good leadership, we will be victorious.
Back to top Go down
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

PostSubject: Re: Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi   Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:46 am

Yeah, I've been a bit biased towards the medic, probably because I play my medic less often, maybe just not my class.
Back to top Go down
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi   Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:52 am

Kinda how I am with the engineer. I love them when other people play them, I hate them when I get in a firefight with them, but I can't seam to get into their grove when I play mine. I stay assault or recon, though I don't mind my medic either.
Back to top Go down
Stahlmann
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Stahlmann

PostSubject: Re: Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi   Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:37 pm

I agree so much with the Req. Reinforcement, some assault just dont use this... it's maybe the best assault ability when u're playing with a team.
and about following orders Wid, u're completely right, when u have a 'captain' giving orders (if he knows do it ¬¬ xD) ur team can play very better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi   Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi Empty

Back to top Go down

Personal Opinions/Thoughts/Advice on Karkand/Sharqi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top