13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites Empty
PostSubject: New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites   New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Have you ever see a news article on the site that you wanted to send to your gaming friends on Facebook or Twitter. Ever find a post that was so funny, you wanted to email it to a fellow 13th member so they wouldn’t miss the lolz. A new feature has been introduced to the clan forums for exactly those kinds of situations. On the sidebar of every page, there is a place where you can share the page on a large variety of social networking and bookmarking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, MySpace, Reddit, Digg, and Google Bookmarks, just to name a few of the 340+ services that we allow you to share to. If you have a membership on an even semi popular web service that allows sharing or bookmarking, chances are good that we support it. Plus you can avoid social networking all together, and just email it to a friend or print it out and frame it on your wall (Just Kidding about that). You can find it on the left side of this very post right now. From left to right, you can see an icon for Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, Email, Print, and a button for even MORE services.

By sharing our pages, you are helping the 13th get its name out there, its basically free advertising for the clan and our site content, which can help lead to new recruits, more interest, better Google search rankings, and more page views and discussions. Sharing is good, so when ever you find an informative article, a funny post, or a great discussion, don’t forget to share.

If you are having issues with the buttons. I would recommend either cleaning your cache, or updating your browser/ operating system.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/destroyrs/
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites   New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 am

Awesome addition Spino Smile

Social networking is how a lot of business and personal connections are made in today's world. Thanks for creating this as I'm sure everyone will be using it.
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites   New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks Projekt, yeah, thats pretty much why I took the time to implement this. Social Networking is becoming a more and more important part of how most people use the internet, and we wouldn't want to fall behind on current web trends.

BTW: I fixed the issue in which the share counter would not show up on posts. It took a combined total of 5 hours debugging, but I found the issue and fixed it finally.
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites   New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Geez, I couldn't stand working on something like that for that amount of time, lol.

Appreciate the hard work Smile
Back to top Go down
Spino Prime
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Spino Prime

PostSubject: Re: New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites   New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 pm

It was total 5 hours. I didn't try and do it all in one sitting. 3 hours of it though were done today. It took a lot less time though once I discovered that Chrome has a built in debugging tool. Its awesome, and I can't believe such an awesome feature stayed undiscovered by me for so long. Funny enough, this issue almost took as much research, time, and effort to fix as it did to get the domain set up. Curse you Forumotion and your out of date share code screwing me over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites   New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites Empty

Back to top Go down

New Site Feature – Share Page on Social Networking Sites

View previous topic View next topic Back to top